Star Wars the old republic

This topic is locked from further discussion.

icestorm158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 icestorm158
Member since 2009 • 36 Posts

I am a big fan of star wars kotor and bioware.As of nowthey are making a mmo called star wars the old republic and is to be released in 2010. So i thought and if its kotor and a mmo plus biowares making it will it beat all the other mmo's including wow?

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

It wont beat WoW.

Nothing will beat WoW until people lose general interest in the game - not because some other game will interest them more. WoW has had nearly a billion dollars in development effort. The cost of entry to beat that is too large for any company in the world to attempt.

HOMIE_G64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 HOMIE_G64
Member since 2005 • 1482 Posts

It wont beat WoW.

Nothing will beat WoW until people lose general interest in the game - not because some other game will interest them more. WoW has had nearly a billion dollars in development effort. The cost of entry to beat that is too large for any company in the world to attempt.

XaosII
Not true. Big companies have deluded themselves and their fans into thinking that the cost of development is the only measure for how well a game will sell. Lost are the power of creativity and innovation. Most of the other MMORPGs have fallen because they either couldn't innovate, or couldn't make something innovative and fun at the same time. Bioware has definitely shown great promise in their ability to innovate something that is fun and fresh, and I have hope for SWTOR.
NauthiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 NauthiX
Member since 2009 • 130 Posts
[QUOTE="XaosII"]

It wont beat WoW.

HOMIE_G64
Not true. Big companies have deluded themselves and their fans into thinking that the cost of development is the only measure for how well a game will sell. Lost are the power of creativity and innovation. Most of the other MMORPGs have fallen because they either couldn't innovate, or couldn't make something innovative and fun at the same time. Bioware has definitely shown great promise in their ability to innovate something that is fun and fresh, and I have hope for SWTOR.

You both are correct to some degree. Correct, nothing will ever beat WoW, but all other games fail because they try to simply clone WoW.
carlosjuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 carlosjuero
Member since 2008 • 1254 Posts
Every new MMO will beat every existing MMO plus WoW.... until they get released and chewed up by the critics. Will it be good? Possibly - alot of hype doesn't make a good game (take a look at AoC/Warhammer/Vanguard). So far all I see about this game is Hype. Developers always seem to set lofty goals when in development stages... many of these goals tend to get discarded during the vetting process in transition to Gold.
simardbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 simardbrad
Member since 2004 • 2355 Posts

The Old Republic is gonna pwn

jrabbit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 jrabbit99
Member since 2007 • 2836 Posts
Wow! Not so fast! It will take years to get a few million, yet alone surpass 11 million.
Avatar image for Charles_Dickens
Charles_Dickens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Charles_Dickens
Member since 2009 • 1693 Posts

The early word is that Bioware has managed to pull off something special here - we'll have to wait of course, but this is shaping up to be a great MMO.

windows_media

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 windows_media
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Wow wont be a good (perhaps) but people enjoy it. its like CS:S

icestorm158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 icestorm158

The Old Republic is gonna pwn

simardbrad

man im so with you on that tor will beat every mmo if bioware's making it and i cant believe my post has got 10 replies since last night!!!!

and for every one that has never played sw kotor then you are missing out on the best game ever!

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

attention,MMOs are boring and consume lots of time i dont know who the hell has it

Jackboot343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jackboot343
Member since 2007 • 2574 Posts

The Old Republic could be the beginning of next-gen MMORPGs.

icestorm158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 icestorm158

The Old Republic could be the beginning of next-gen MMORPGs.

Jackboot343

I agree sw:tor will be the best but there is one other mmo and it is jump gate evolution link is www.jumpgateevolution or just click on quantar above my image. it is a space mmo and it looks really cool . i've already preordered it so im going to play it when it comes out but there is no question that sw:tor will be better and the only reason im going to play JGE is to burn some time till sw:tor comes out.

weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts

attention,MMOs are boring and consume lots of time i dont know who the hell has it

GazaAli

that almost made sense... almost...

Star Wars TOP looks like it will be awesome. However, they need to get the right mix to really have a hit on their hands. I have a ton of faith in Bioware. Until then, I'll just wait for Aion to come in September. Awesome MMO from the betas I've been in.

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#16 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts
It's ironic. WOW is the most successful MMORPG to date, and it's also the most generic and non-innovative out there. It's time publishers remembered that polish and lack of bugs = a better experience. Also, KOTOR is coming out at a point when many people may be tired of WOW. While I don't think it will be a WOW-killer, I do see it easily becoming second place.
icestorm158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 icestorm158

It's ironic. WOW is the most successful MMORPG to date, and it's also the most generic and non-innovative out there. It's time publishers remembered that polish and lack of bugs = a better experience. Also, KOTOR is coming out at a point when many people may be tired of WOW. While I don't think it will be a WOW-killer, I do see it easily becoming second place.Gammit10

hmmmm...makes sense.

icestorm158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 icestorm158

[QUOTE="Gammit10"]It's ironic. WOW is the most successful MMORPG to date, and it's also the most generic and non-innovative out there. It's time publishers remembered that polish and lack of bugs = a better experience. Also, KOTOR is coming out at a point when many people may be tired of WOW. While I don't think it will be a WOW-killer, I do see it easily becoming second place.icestorm158

hmmmm...makes sense.

this topic would have more views if it was sw the old republic vs wow is there any way i can change it? probly not but never mind

shoot-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#19 shoot-first
Member since 2004 • 9788 Posts

It wont beat WoW.

XaosII

Meh, I never cared to play WoW. Star Wars ftw!