Star Citizen or Elite Dangerous?

• 180 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By MlauTheDaft

Poll Star Citizen or Elite Dangerous? (70 votes)

Star Citizen 66%
Elite Dangerous 37%

For you space sim enthusiasts out there, which one would you pick if you could only buy one? I'm broke from buying a new phone and it's christmas ;)

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

Elite at the moment...

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

The one that is releasing next month.

(elite dangerous )

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

Why do we always get these posts SC or ED??

Both, Elite Dangerous is farther along so obviously get that now if you can only have 1 ,then later when you have money again get SC.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

elite dangerous by far.

slateman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 slateman_basic
Member since 2002 • 4142 Posts

Elite Dangerous. I wouldn't expect Star Citizen until late next year. By then, I'll be knee deep in to my new MDR, so I won't care.

Trotar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Trotar
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@naz99: I don't like comparison posts either, but that doesn't mean I'll pick both.

They are both very different games, liking one of them doesn't automatically mean you will like the other as well.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

if I could only pick one, SC, because it offers me more of what I want out of a space game

Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

Theres so much time between the release dates that you can just get both. Both games look promising and have their own uniqueness

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Wish you could buy ED in other online store but it looks like there site only even box version. I don't mind buying it from online it just that I don't want another bank card open on the net.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@trotar said:

@naz99: I don't like comparison posts either, but that doesn't mean I'll pick both.

They are both very different games, liking one of them doesn't automatically mean you will like the other as well.

If you like space sims chances are you will try and play both never said you would like both

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Thing is, I don't know if I like Space Sims yet. I suppose I'll start out with Elite due to it's current state compared to SC.

gunmaster55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gunmaster55555
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

From looks I would pick star citizen, but it's not out for a long time and if they do everything they say, then easily them.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Star citizen will put this game to shame..But listen to cyloninside if you wish of coarse hes usually wrong on games any how..

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

If I could only get one I believe I'd go Star Citizen. It looks fantastic and it's going to get much more interesting in a year or so.

Elite is a fun game but I'd go long.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Bought both.... thought Elite: Dangerous was the biggest snoozefest in existance... in its gameplay and theme..... ugh.

That being said, SC hasn't proven itself... but it has far more charm and the dogfighting is intense and fun....

One has far more potential than the other imo......

That and ED owe tons of money, fell flat on their face recently, has poor social features and ultimately is a bore fest.... that won't garner anywhere near the level of players.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Star Citizen. It's more promising.

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rabakill
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts

Do not play Elite Dangerous, worst $75 I ever spent. The front page is blatant false advertising and I'm pissed I was duped, garbage game from a dishonest developer.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@rabakill said:

Do not play Elite Dangerous, worst $75 I ever spent. The front page is blatant false advertising and I'm pissed I was duped, garbage game from a dishonest developer.

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rabakill

@FelipeInside said:

@rabakill said:

I know I know, the front page says "epic multiplayer experience" but you can't even group with friends and there's no chat functionality. That's one problem on top of a million.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cyloninside

@rabakill said:

@FelipeInside said:

@rabakill said:

I know I know, the front page says "epic multiplayer experience" but you can't even group with friends and there's no chat functionality. That's one problem on top of a million.

are you dumb? "epic multiplayer experience" =/= "i can group with friends".... not only that, but you absolutely CAN group with friends. find eachother, fly around together and cooperate. no there is no "/invite".... its not an MMO. you are a pilot living in a virtual world.

also, there absolutely is chat....its pilot to pilot, like you know, it would be in real life. there is no form of communication known to man or that ever will exist that will be able to transmit messages across the vastness of space in an instant manner. what is left is point to point communication for a relative close distance.

the game is trying to provide a sim experience, not an MMO experience. apparently you thought the game was something very different than what it is. i recommend you do your research before buying a game in the future.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cyloninside

@Gladestone1 said:

Star citizen will put this game to shame..But listen to cyloninside if you wish of coarse hes usually wrong on games any how..

someone is butthurt that someone else has a different opinion. life is so hard for mad guys. always finding something to butthurt about. :(

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gladestone1

@cyloninside:

Oh trust me im not but hurt but you stalk star citzen an tell lies about it most of the time..So ya the truth hurts doesnt it..Ive never seen some one post so much negative things about a game they no nothing about..

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cyloninside

@Gladestone1 said:

@cyloninside:

Oh trust me im not but hurt but you stalk star citzen an tell lies about it most of the time..So ya the truth hurts doesnt it..Ive never seen some one post so much negative things about a game they no nothing about..

butthurt confirmed.

feel free to quote me on the "lies" i have been telling. dis gun b gud. i am excited to have proof that you dont know what an opinion is.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

@MlauTheDaft said:

Thing is, I don't know if I like Space Sims yet. I suppose I'll start out with Elite due to it's current state compared to SC.

If you don't know that then I suggest you play some other titles before paying full prize for a game you may eventually dislike. Space sim is a hit or miss genre for many people even for some of the most hardcore gamers. I don't know about the quality of it but I recall there's a free version of freelancer 2 somewhere. You can give that a try for starter.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#27 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Star Citizen

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cyloninside

@jimmy_russell said:

@rabakill said:

Exactly the same first impression I got. Not happy.

@cyloninside said:

are you dumb? "epic multiplayer experience" =/= "i can group with friends".... not only that, but you absolutely CAN group with friends. find eachother, fly around together and cooperate. no there is no "/invite".... its not an MMO. you are a pilot living in a virtual world.

I am willing to bet that cyloninside is a user at the official forums for this game. This is the same coarse tone that you recieve at the official forums when bringing up concerns. The community is the most toxic I've ever seen. They don't want any outside ideas, completely introverted. Look at what I have quoted, it's absurd! This is a ridiculous comment, Elite Dangerous is nothing at all even close the the definition of 'MMO' unless the first M stands for 'malignant' or 'malfunctioning'.

The game, in it's Gamma state, is a complete disaster and nobody at the official forums will listen to reasonable critique. Every recent article I've read about this game says the game is raising red flags and to wait for the reviews to come out. Just search the words "Elite Dangerous" in news.google.com and see for yourself!

and im willing to bet you are a star citizen fanboy (i already know you are, based on your posting history) that just wants to make elite dangerous sound bad.

both have a place in the market considering there are almost no games of their type out there currently. there is nothing wrong with elite dangerous in terms of how it handles its multiplayer. the game isnt meant for you to "group up" and to be an MMO... because it ISNT an MMO. it is an online space sim. it trades convenience for realism in a lot of cases.

people have to get it out of their heads that their opinion matters. devs make the game THEY want to make. it doesnt matter what you want or think. if devs want to sell alot and make money, then they will probably listen a bit and make changes, but in the end, they are still going to make the game they want to make. that means mechanics that they want, features that they want, and gameplay as they see fit.

the simple fact is, if you dont like the game THEY want to make, then you simply dont have to buy and play it. nobody is forcing you, and you dont lose anything, because you didnt like the game anyhow!

is elite going to be perfect at launch? ofcourse not! 400 billion star systems and a very complex set of mechanics are in play... it is going to have issues and take time. but if you think star citizen is going to be any different, then LOL. i cant wait for that 60+ million dollar bloated whale to drop and hear the collected lamentation of the "pc master race".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@cyloninside said:

@jimmy_russell said:

@rabakill said:

@cyloninside said:

I am willing to bet that cyloninside is a user at the official forums for this game. This is the same coarse tone that you recieve at the official forums when bringing up concerns. The community is the most toxic I've ever seen. They don't want any outside ideas, completely introverted. Look at what I have quoted, it's absurd! This is a ridiculous comment, Elite Dangerous is nothing at all even close the the definition of 'MMO' unless the first M stands for 'malignant' or 'malfunctioning'.

The game, in it's Gamma state, is a complete disaster and nobody at the official forums will listen to reasonable critique. Every recent article I've read about this game says the game is raising red flags and to wait for the reviews to come out. Just search the words "Elite Dangerous" in news.google.com and see for yourself!

and im willing to bet you are a star citizen fanboy (i already know you are, based on your posting history) that just wants to make elite dangerous sound bad.

both have a place in the market considering there are almost no games of their type out there currently. there is nothing wrong with elite dangerous in terms of how it handles its multiplayer. the game isnt meant for you to "group up" and to be an MMO... because it ISNT an MMO. it is an online space sim. it trades convenience for realism in a lot of cases.

people have to get it out of their heads that their opinion matters. devs make the game THEY want to make. it doesnt matter what you want or think. if devs want to sell alot and make money, then they will probably listen a bit and make changes, but in the end, they are still going to make the game they want to make. that means mechanics that they want, features that they want, and gameplay as they see fit.

the simple fact is, if you dont like the game THEY want to make, then you simply dont have to buy and play it. nobody is forcing you, and you dont lose anything, because you didnt like the game anyhow!

is elite going to be perfect at launch? ofcourse not! 400 billion star systems and a very complex set of mechanics are in play... it is going to have issues and take time. but if you think star citizen is going to be any different, then LOL. i cant wait for that 60+ million dollar bloated whale to drop and hear the collected lamentation of the "pc master race".

Ugh.... I bet if E:D had that level of funding the words "Bloated Whale" would become "Successful Megaton".

How do you know how communication technology would be applied in the future? regardless.... as the guy said... THERE IS NO EPIC MULTILAYER EXPERIENCE as suggested.....

And what kind of sim has friggin atmospheric dogfighting in space? stop with the double standard crap.

The E:D fanboys claim the game is complex... it really isn't... but hell I'm not suprised... most of them claiming "Even the landing is complex and hard!" ... if you find that hard... your either a scrub or have some serious problems.... I havn't crashed once.... whats hard about driving through a slit then throttling downwards? serious to friggin god what a load of overhyped s*it.

Can't wait to see how poor its "planetside/FPS/multi-crew" ship components will be on that bland looking engine... if they ever get made before they run out of money..... or will probably charge £20 per module.

E:D is the real house of cards.... alot less attention, a lot of negative press lately ... dropped single player.... and a bland lonely feeling universe (which doesn't have to be the case....).

good luck with that....

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 cyloninside

@MBirdy88 said:

@cyloninside said:

@jimmy_russell said:

@rabakill said:

@cyloninside said:

Ugh.... I bet if E:D had that level of funding the words "Bloated Whale" would become "Successful Megaton".

How do you know how communication technology would be applied in the future? regardless.... as the guy said... THERE IS NO EPIC MULTILAYER EXPERIENCE as suggested.....

And what kind of sim has friggin atmospheric dogfighting in space? stop with the double standard crap.

The E:D fanboys claim the game is complex... it really isn't... but hell I'm not suprised... most of them claiming "Even the landing is complex and hard!" ... if you find that hard... your either a scrub or have some serious problems.... I havn't crashed once.... whats hard about driving through a slit then throttling downwards? serious to friggin god what a load of overhyped s*it.

Can't wait to see how poor its "planetside/FPS/multi-crew" ship components will be on that bland looking engine... if they ever get made before they run out of money..... or will probably charge £20 per module.

E:D is the real house of cards.... alot less attention, a lot of negative press lately ... dropped single player.... and a bland lonely feeling universe (which doesn't have to be the case....).

good luck with that....

single player wasnt dropped. yet another instance of you just trying to make ED sound bad. there is simply no offline mode. you can play single player all day if you want, you just have to have an internet connection... and there is a reason for that. the work it would take to simulate changing markets and discovery of planets in 400 billion star systems was simply too large of a task to consider. having to be online gives you all that organically because it will be happening due to players.... but you dont have to be actually playing with them in single player mode. it will simply pull the data from the multiplayer portion and put it into your singleplayer session. understanding that right there really makes your comment look completely idiotic.

the universe will feel extremely lonely once we get out there and explore. distances will be so great that you will likely not see another individual for months or potentially years. the game has 400 billion systems. it isnt going for a jam packed world. it is trying to recreate the vastness of space. they also arent going for a game where there are a shit ton of ships in one conflict. the multiplayer component is bigger than that. people discover planets. they affect the market. they issue bounties on other players. that is the multiplayer aspect. not huge mega ship battles with hundreds of players.

how do i know about communication? just like i know how improbable it will be that we will ever develop propulsion systems fast enough to truly explore the vastness of space. its called reading and learning, you should try it so you dont sound like a twat. the fastest speed you can possibly go according to physics is the speed of light.... AND NOTHING BUT LIGHT CAN GO THE SPEED OF LIGHT. you can approach the speed of light, but you can never attain the speed of light. so even if we developed a communication method that was light based... the next closest star to us is over 4 years away. that means if we sent a message with this light based communication system, and it traveled at the FASTEST POSSIBLE SPEED ANYTHING CAN TRAVEL.... it would take 4 years just to get to someone orbiting that star. like i said, communication across distances like that is not feasible except via short range point to point, like the communication system is in ED.

and if you cant find the "multiplayer" in this multiplayer game... that is your own fault. it is as simple as logging in, telling your friends where you are via vent, TS or mumble, and meeting up. tada you have a multiplayer party.

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rabakill

haha, yay, forcing players into using ventrillo because the shitty game doesn't have chat, lol. What a pathetic apologist.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@cyloninside said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@cyloninside said:

@jimmy_russell said:

@rabakill said:

@cyloninside said:

good luck with that....

single player wasnt dropped. yet another instance of you just trying to make ED sound bad. there is simply no offline mode. you can play single player all day if you want, you just have to have an internet connection... and there is a reason for that. the work it would take to simulate changing markets and discovery of planets in 400 billion star systems was simply too large of a task to consider. having to be online gives you all that organically because it will be happening due to players.... but you dont have to be actually playing with them in single player mode. it will simply pull the data from the multiplayer portion and put it into your singleplayer session. understanding that right there really makes your comment look completely idiotic.

the universe will feel extremely lonely once we get out there and explore. distances will be so great that you will likely not see another individual for months or potentially years. the game has 400 billion systems. it isnt going for a jam packed world. it is trying to recreate the vastness of space. they also arent going for a game where there are a shit ton of ships in one conflict. the multiplayer component is bigger than that. people discover planets. they affect the market. they issue bounties on other players. that is the multiplayer aspect. not huge mega ship battles with hundreds of players.

how do i know about communication? just like i know how improbable it will be that we will ever develop propulsion systems fast enough to truly explore the vastness of space. its called reading and learning, you should try it so you dont sound like a twat. the fastest speed you can possibly go according to physics is the speed of light.... AND NOTHING BUT LIGHT CAN GO THE SPEED OF LIGHT. you can approach the speed of light, but you can never attain the speed of light. so even if we developed a communication method that was light based... the next closest star to us is over 4 years away. that means if we sent a message with this light based communication system, and it traveled at the FASTEST POSSIBLE SPEED ANYTHING CAN TRAVEL.... it would take 4 years just to get to someone orbiting that star. like i said, communication across distances like that is not feasible except via short range point to point, like the communication system is in ED.

and if you cant find the "multiplayer" in this multiplayer game... that is your own fault. it is as simple as logging in, telling your friends where you are via vent, TS or mumble, and meeting up. tada you have a multiplayer party.

P1) More fanboy white knighting... an offline mode regardless of if it was a carbon copy or not was originally promised. need I say anymore on this paragraph... probably not. Enough excuses.... SC have addressed this in the latest 10 for the chairman, they acknoledge the same problem, but will be providing it anyway without the dynamic calculations for those that want it..... ED couldn't even afford/bother to do that? never mind... I'm sure there will be another excuse to follow.... either way... IT WAS A GOAL and many people are p*ssed.

P2) Loneley/Souless pick your poison..... the overall game theme is bland as hell. and is not an uncommon opinion. The overall game mechanics... you claim to be realistic..... yet to what end? 400 billion systems..... so? wtf does that add? oh right.. it just weakens any of the fun aspects of gameplay.... by convuluting the "board".

P3) Sorry, one massive contradiction ... I know you are butthurt but try to control yourself. on the one hand you claim the technology the sim has may not be possible, then declare something else impossible based on what we currently know... so in other words, assumptions... still ... communication is an important part of gameplay.... you allow things like hyperdrive to pass as "sim friendly" yet player communication is anywhere is sooooooo Taboo ... great priorities... oh wait, they are just white knight excuses for poor game design. Afterall , you accept 3rd party communication as the "norm" so why can't it be integrated? whats the difference? oh right... ED's budget is running out... so they dont want to bother.

P4) Except with no real supporting multiplayer features of any depth..... "fantastic".

It's alright... that "dynamic economy/missions" system has about as much depth as a toddlers pool... if you love slow paced fed ex questing with a frame-jump-rubber-band minigame then more power to you.

Pleanty of reasons ED is a much smaller project... just accept it.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33  Edited By kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

Star Citizen for me. I don't normally pay for games that are still in development but I love all the ideas and everything behind SC so far so I backed it. Now I'm just waiting to see the result and hope it'll deliver. AC is fun so so far so good I guess.

As for E:D, eh, idk. I'm just waiting for it to come out so I can hear more opinions on it. I'd buy it but it's just that the game looks so... empty. Every time I watch some gameplay the game just looks like there's not much to do in it. 400 billion systems sounds amazing but that effect will wear off and lets face it, most people probably won't even visit like 99.9999998% of them and they're probably all the same anyway. So yeah mixed feelings about this game.

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34  Edited By Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

@naz99 said:

Why do we always get these posts SC or ED??

Both, Elite Dangerous is farther along so obviously get that now if you can only have 1 ,then later when you have money again get SC.

Absolutely not! We need a caged death match right here between the two. When we're done with that, we're going to go all retro.

The lead singer of Human League will have to square off against the lead singer of that guy in Men Without Hats...TO THE DEATH! (They seem pretty evenly matched but I'm gonna' go whichever one is Australian on a hunch.)

After that the lead singer of Berlin vs. the lead singer of Missing Persons...TO THE DEATH! Synth-pop death bouts! Retro style! Ooooooooooooooooh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Ehh, I'm back to waiting for a bit. SC looks more promising to me, but Elite will have reviews and full game LPs soon.

cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

I've backed SC and will most likely be buying ED. I'm definitely looking more forward to Star Citizen though. I think Chris Roberts has expressed his ambition to create a magnum opus of a game more confidently than the ED developer and the budget he's receiving thus far and also the transparency of development indicates that he'll create the more full game in the long run. Most importantly, a campaign is in the works. This means lore, aliens, story, characters and varied map sectors, which will really add a lot of personality to the universe of which I think ED is lacking at the moment; it seems rather sterile. Although I have no doubt the current mechanics the game has will make it a blast to play - I just think a game that truly excels must have personality about it.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 cyloninside

@MBirdy88 said:

@cyloninside said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@cyloninside said:

@jimmy_russell said:

@rabakill said:

@cyloninside said:

good luck with that....

P1) More fanboy white knighting... an offline mode regardless of if it was a carbon copy or not was originally promised. need I say anymore on this paragraph... probably not. Enough excuses.... SC have addressed this in the latest 10 for the chairman, they acknoledge the same problem, but will be providing it anyway without the dynamic calculations for those that want it..... ED couldn't even afford/bother to do that? never mind... I'm sure there will be another excuse to follow.... either way... IT WAS A GOAL and many people are p*ssed.

P2) Loneley/Souless pick your poison..... the overall game theme is bland as hell. and is not an uncommon opinion. The overall game mechanics... you claim to be realistic..... yet to what end? 400 billion systems..... so? wtf does that add? oh right.. it just weakens any of the fun aspects of gameplay.... by convuluting the "board".

P3) Sorry, one massive contradiction ... I know you are butthurt but try to control yourself. on the one hand you claim the technology the sim has may not be possible, then declare something else impossible based on what we currently know... so in other words, assumptions... still ... communication is an important part of gameplay.... you allow things like hyperdrive to pass as "sim friendly" yet player communication is anywhere is sooooooo Taboo ... great priorities... oh wait, they are just white knight excuses for poor game design. Afterall , you accept 3rd party communication as the "norm" so why can't it be integrated? whats the difference? oh right... ED's budget is running out... so they dont want to bother.

P4) Except with no real supporting multiplayer features of any depth..... "fantastic".

It's alright... that "dynamic economy/missions" system has about as much depth as a toddlers pool... if you love slow paced fed ex questing with a frame-jump-rubber-band minigame then more power to you.

it wasnt promised.... it was a goal. there is a difference. learn it. game features are cut all the time during development.

yup, you are just a basher/hater. look at your entire post. nothing but negative. you claim i am white knighting (im not, i just understand what the game is trying to be) but you are doing nothing but bashing the game....which is arguably worse.

please, enough with the holier than thou routine. we can see that you are just a prick.

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#38 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

I lost my excitement for both these games lately. Star Citizen may never come out, seems they just keep adding lil bits to the game at a super slow pace just to keep their free crowd funding money rolling in.

Elite Dangerous does look functional at least though and its release is near, so i guess i'd pick that for now.

Actually i wish they had just kept things a bit smaller and released another game like Privateer or Freelancer. Originally Freelancer had huge ambitions that were never put into the game and probably for the best they never were because it was stilll great and if it had tried to do everything it would have failed. Who knows maybe Star Citizen will become what Freelancer probably would have if it had a nearly unlimited budget back then.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@cyloninside said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@cyloninside said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@cyloninside said:

@jimmy_russell said:

@rabakill said:

@cyloninside said:

good luck with that....

it wasnt promised.... it was a goal. there is a difference. learn it. game features are cut all the time during development.

yup, you are just a basher/hater. look at your entire post. nothing but negative. you claim i am white knighting (im not, i just understand what the game is trying to be) but you are doing nothing but bashing the game....which is arguably worse.

please, enough with the holier than thou routine. we can see that you are just a prick.

Hah, well my tone might be that of a d*ck... but nothing I said was wrong was it? yea go stick your hands over your ears and eyes like the majority of ED white knights in the forum did..... fat lotta good that did the game.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Gladestone1

@Old_Gooseberry:

What you talking about bro...1.0 is going to release this dec..Than the fps in march its on schedule atm..1.0 will release all the single player games a new chat room system..In march capture the idress comes out than 2.0 next year..Love the logic on some people who know nothing about star citizen wow..

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@cyloninside said:

@rabakill said:

@FelipeInside said:

@rabakill said:

also, there absolutely is chat....its pilot to pilot, like you know, it would be in real life. there is no form of communication known to man or that ever will exist that will be able to transmit messages across the vastness of space in an instant manner. what is left is point to point communication for a relative close distance.

the game is trying to provide a sim experience, not an MMO experience. apparently you thought the game was something very different than what it is. i recommend you do your research before buying a game in the future.

Well i suppose they didn't see the sign

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#42 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

@Gladestone1 said:

@Old_Gooseberry:

What you talking about bro...1.0 is going to release this dec..Than the fps in march its on schedule atm..1.0 will release all the single player games a new chat room system..In march capture the idress comes out than 2.0 next year..Love the logic on some people who know nothing about star citizen wow..

ah cool... i thought i had read it wasn't being fully released till next year. Thanks for the info.

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rabakill

@evildead6789 said:

@cyloninside said:

@rabakill said:

@FelipeInside said:

@rabakill said:

so we're just ignoring the blatant false advertising on the front page intended to sucker people in because it's what you want in the game. Entitled douchebags.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By cyloninside

@rabakill said:

@evildead6789 said:

@cyloninside said:

@rabakill said:

@FelipeInside said:

@rabakill said:

so we're just ignoring the blatant false advertising on the front page intended to sucker people in because it's what you want in the game. Entitled douchebags.

that is a SS of the info on the front page.... please indicate what is exactly is false advertising about any of this.

nothing said there is wrong, at all. there are 400 billion systems. you have a ton of freedom in how you play. finally you can easily team up with friends by coordinating locations via voice chat (notice it says team up... not /invite to group, or party, or form a squad, or form a guild or whatever other MMO nonsense), or fly solo if you dont wanna play with others.

there is no false advertising on the front page.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Gladestone1

You know @ cyloninside I really miss the old days..We didnt have to put up with people insulting some one because of a game we dissed..Your very abusive on this message boards..Mostly why i cant stand ya..All you do is bash games u hate with a passion..Ok you hate star citizen doesnt give you no right to keep bashing people who love it like i do myself..Now your insulting the kid because he hates elite..Now i love elite dangerous myself..How ever it does not give you no right to bash some one of there right or wrong..You also stalk star citizen posts..Thats crap also..Wish a dev would see what you did there an ban you for a month..The old days we be banned for worst than that..Today they seam more lenient on morons who post crap like this..Bring back the old days in here please..

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By cyloninside

@Gladestone1 said:

You know @ cyloninside I really miss the old days..We didnt have to put up with people insulting some one because of a game we dissed..Your very abusive on this message boards..Mostly why i cant stand ya..All you do is bash games u hate with a passion..Ok you hate star citizen doesnt give you no right to keep bashing people who love it like i do myself..Now your insulting the kid because he hates elite..Now i love elite dangerous myself..How ever it does not give you no right to bash some one of there right or wrong..You also stalk star citizen posts..Thats crap also..Wish a dev would see what you did there an ban you for a month..The old days we be banned for worst than that..Today they seam more lenient on morons who post crap like this..Bring back the old days in here please..

you seem pretty mad over nothing. go get your bottle from mommy and cry somewhere else. adults are sharing *opinions*.

this is a thread for both games, making a comparison and pros/cons completely legit. AND i have been incredibly civil in my posts in this thread (until now). whiners like you are the problem with these boards currently, not people who have strong opinions and are willing to defend them, and dont let others get away with stupid shit.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

I'm going with star citizen because of the sheer amount of features they are adding that I all ways wanted in games but no company ever had the balls to spend the cash to implement. Elite Dangerous just doesn't even compare. Close but still a far ways off from what CIG seems to have envisioned.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Gladestone1

@cyloninside:

hahahaha you make me laugh its not even funny..Just your ideals alone..

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@cyloninside said:

you seem pretty mad over nothing. go get your bottle from mommy and cry somewhere else. adults are sharing *opinions*.

this is a thread for both games, making a comparison and pros/cons completely legit. AND i have been incredibly civil in my posts in this thread (until now). whiners like you are the problem with these boards currently, not people who have strong opinions and are willing to defend them, and dont let others get away with stupid shit.

I like how you had to qualify that statement with "in this thread" because of how you typically act on threads like these.

-Byshop