This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by AKS_74U (1841 posts) -

Ey

Can someone please tell me the patches I need to install for stalker?

And also, Is it true that theres going to be some huge update soon for the game? Because I dont want to start the game and get to a good point, and restart my whole game again when a new patch comes out..

Thanks

#2 Posted by FelipeInside (26372 posts) -

Hey...

I have been playing the game without patches and it works fine.

I did though install some mods that make it more realistic.

I have on:

- Realistic Weapons Mod

- Realistic STALKER Skies

- Realistic Shadows

#3 Posted by kantjd (27 posts) -
No way, the game became stable with patch 1.0003, before it was problematic. The only mod I use is the repair mod...
#4 Posted by ncderek (5513 posts) -

im waiting for 1.004 to come out before i play thru it a 2nd time, i tried playing it a 2nd time thru with mods, and always crashes, then reinstalled without mod and always crashes at certain parts.

when is 1.004 coming out?

they said months ago, 1.004 would be out over the summer, and 1.005 would be out soon with new maps and stuff

#5 Posted by chessboxer1 (953 posts) -

im waiting for 1.004 to come out before i play thru it a 2nd time, i tried playing it a 2nd time thru with mods, and always crashes, then reinstalled without mod and always crashes at certain parts.

when is 1.004 coming out?

they said months ago, 1.004 would be out over the summer, and 1.005 would be out soon with new maps and stuff

ncderek

It's been out since 25th August: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl v1.0004 Patch

#6 Posted by EntwineX (5858 posts) -
I played it through without any patches(didn't want to loose saves), and it worked buttery smooth, not a single crash and I can only remember a single serious bug which was fixed by quickload. And I played the first half of the game with a 6600GT and the second half with a X1950Pro, no problems with either. But I'm gonna patch and mod it and play it again sometime in the near future.
#7 Posted by korin1976 (140 posts) -
Yap, man, the huge update is coming - patch 1.1 where there'll be free play and stuff. I'm following it and I'm pretty sure that the saves made in 1.0001-1.0004 versions will work in 1.1, as before.
#8 Posted by Lonelynight (30041 posts) -
Get the1.0004 version
#9 Posted by nutcrackr (12847 posts) -
I'm using 1.004 atm, ragdolls are a bit odd but seems good so far
#10 Posted by ncderek (5513 posts) -
oh thanks
#11 Posted by doubutsuteki (2905 posts) -

I'm using 1.004 atm, ragdolls are a bit odd but seems good so farnutcrackr

It's certainly far from perfect, but at least it's better than previous patches. Still though, the game is buggy.

#12 Posted by Baron_14 (1771 posts) -
Bioshock is better than Stalker
#13 Posted by puffydogg (256 posts) -

Bioshock is better than StalkerBaron_14

Yeah because that has alot to do with the topic, I installed 1.004 and the performance got alot better, and it seems like some of the weapons are a little more accurate to me.

#14 Posted by doubutsuteki (2905 posts) -

[QUOTE="Baron_14"]Bioshock is better than Stalkerpuffydogg

Yeah because that has alot to do with the topic, I installed 1.004 and the performance got alot better, and it seems like some of the weapons are a little more accurate to me.

Really? I haven't noticed anything like that. Instead I cannot help complaining that the buggy job system hasn't been fixed. And enemies sometimes shoot me through the wall.

#15 Posted by chessboxer1 (953 posts) -
[QUOTE="puffydogg"]

[QUOTE="Baron_14"]Bioshock is better than Stalkerdoubutsuteki

Really? I haven't noticed anything like that. Instead I cannot help complaining that the buggy job system hasn't been fixed. And enemies sometimes shoot me through the wall.

Bullets do go through some of the weaker walls, that is intentional. I patched up to 1.004 and didn't notice many bugs except for some NPC blocking my path and being unable to complete certain side quests.

#16 Posted by -Grits_N_Gravy- (77 posts) -
Works fine here without patches but added the latest float32 mod, runs a bit smoother, havent had much problems besides my saves not saving and checking to see if they actually save, Ai brain farts and shooting through walls, only major thing is it froze on me yesterdayat the Freedom base whenyou gotta get the grenade launcher for Duty from freedom
#17 Posted by jamestr234 (9 posts) -

1.005 has been released though i playing with 1.004 no problem

greatgamedesign.