SSD boot drive, HDD storage

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hydrolex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hydrolex
Member since 2007 • 1648 Posts

So I'm gonna buy a 500gb SSD, I am going to put windows 10 and my games on SSD, while I put other files that I don't use much in HDD, where do I start ? I don't know which files to transfer... and would that work if part of my C files in SSD and the other part in HDD ?? confused...Thank you

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts

When you install programs and games change the install directory. And all your other stuff cut copy over to the hdd.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

@Hydrolex said:

So I'm gonna buy a 500gb SSD, I am going to put windows 10 and my games on SSD, while I put other files that I don't use much in HDD, where do I start ? I don't know which files to transfer... and would that work if part of my C files in SSD and the other part in HDD ?? confused...Thank you

You can transfer whatever you want to.

You can migrate your whole current OS and files / games to the new SSD if you want - IF your current drive doesn't go beyond 480Gb.

If that's not the case then you'll have to install fresh new Windows 10 and start to installing few of your games all over again - some games support moving from drive to drive while others don't and they force you a fresh install.