SpaceSim in wich player controls Capital Ships?

pepepepe1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pepepepe1233
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Hi! Just a little question. I've been looking so far for a Space Simulator in wich after being pro in little ships like fighters, you can buy and command capital ships like Star Wars frigates, Star Trek ships, etc.

Thanks for the help!

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

Starpoint Gemini 2 may be worth looking into. You can fly cruisers with fighter wings and even boarding parties. I haven't played it much myself, but it's similar to Freelancer, except with bigger ships.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

I haven't played so I'm not sure but can't you do that in Elite Dangerous?

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@ianhh6 said:

Negative. Can't fly capital ships in E:D.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

X3 series?

pepepepe1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pepepepe1233
@The_Stand_In said:

Starpoint Gemini 2 may be worth looking into. You can fly cruisers with fighter wings and even boarding parties. I haven't played it much myself, but it's similar to Freelancer, except with bigger ships.

Thanks! I've been searching and I've never heard of this before. I looked at it ans seems good, i'll give it a chance.

@lawlessx said:

X3 series?

I tried them, and there are only little ships, but thanks anyway.

@ianhh6 said:

Nice to see a countryman from Catalonia!

And thanks to everyone. Wish that more people suggest new games.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@pepepepe1233 said:

@lawlessx said:

X3 series?

@ianhh6 said:

You are mistaken about the X games. You absolutely can fly capitol ships in the X series. One of the things that series is famous for is you can pilot/buy almost any ship/station that you find in the game. You can basically build your own giant trade empire with as many ships and space stations as you can afford. You just don't -start- by flying a Carrier, you have to earn your way up to it and obviously that doesn't happen overnight.

Regarding Elite, I guess that depends what you mean by capitol ship. The largest ship you can pilot in the game is more than 10 times bigger than the smallest ship (280 meters long) and can mount 8 turreted weapons.

-Byshop

Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

X series.

pepepepe1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pepepepe1233

@Byshop said:

@pepepepe1233 said:

@lawlessx said:

X3 series?

@ianhh6 said:

You are mistaken about the X games. You absolutely can fly capitol ships in the X series. One of the things that series is famous for is you can pilot/buy almost any ship/station that you find in the game. You can basically build your own giant trade empire with as many ships and space stations as you can afford. You just don't -start- by flying a Carrier, you have to earn your way up to it and obviously that doesn't happen overnight.

Regarding Elite, I guess that depends what you mean by capitol ship. The largest ship you can pilot in the game is more than 10 times bigger than the smallest ship (280 meters long) and can mount 8 turreted weapons.

-Byshop

Well, maybe i wanted REALLY HUGE ships, not necessarily capital ships. Dunno if i haven't expressed well or i haven't the clear idea.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@pepepepe1233 said:

@Byshop said:

-Byshop

Well, maybe i wanted REALLY HUGE ships, not necessarily capital ships. Dunno if i haven't expressed well or i haven't the clear idea.

Again, the X series lets you pilot ships of any size including carriers and ships large enough to deploy space stations. I have no idea where you got the idea that you can only pilot small ships in X.

-Byshop

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@pepepepe1233 said:

@Byshop said:

@pepepepe1233 said:

@lawlessx said:

X3 series?

@ianhh6 said:

-Byshop

would help if you gave an example of a game or movie that best describes what you're looking for.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

Dreadnought comes out this year, and you can pilot very large ships in a team deathmatch/arena sort of atmosphere....

other than that, the X series is your only real option. you can pilot massive ships in those games... and even form a fleet of AI controlled ships to support you.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

X3 games. Really impressive stuff .

rogueace127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rogueace127
Member since 2005 • 680 Posts

@The_Stand_In said:

I would like to know more.

(as a side note, see what I did there?)

nulld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nulld
Member since 2014 • 27 Posts

It's a few years old, but I was a big fan of the Starfleet Academy series. You control Star Trek capital ships in battle, divert power to shields on different sides of the ship, manage weapons, boarding parties, etc.

Thinking about it makes me want to dig it up and play again...

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

@rogueace127 said:

@The_Stand_In said:

I would like to know more.

(as a side note, see what I did there?)

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@Byshop said:

@pepepepe1233 said:

@lawlessx said:

X3 series?

@ianhh6 said:

-Byshop

Let's be fair.. You should never play X games to "pilot" capital ships.. Yes you can fly one, but it is awful because it operates just like a small fighter in which you get a head on cockpit view.. They need to take some notes from Nexus the Jupiter incident.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Star citizen you will be able to command capitol ships..Also elite dangerous if you can afford to buy one at 175 million you can get a anaconda thats a cap ship..