Socket 478 motherboard help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Angry_Bosmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Angry_Bosmer
Member since 2008 • 1432 Posts

Ok my 'brilliant' P4P800 went to hell a month ago and I kind of need a PC. I need a new motherboard but it's a socket 478 and there rare as modern pirates (harr, tipe).

Ok so I need a decent gaming board that'll run

1. Socket 478 P4s plus HT.

2. AGP 8x

3. DDR 400mhz, a 1gig stick and two dual channel 256mbs.

4. IDEs for two HDs, a two CD drives and a floppy.

5. A warrenty? (ok it's probaly all refurbished but it could be useful)

6. Oh yeah, price under 100$ I'm not puting serious money on this thing.

I looked around on various sites and most stoped selling 478s. Local stores don't have anything. I'm realy in a crappy situation because without a board I'll never sell this trash can.

I found this but it's not very impresive, it's precise either so I can't look it up.

darx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 darx55
Member since 2008 • 1528 Posts
Those go for as low as $10 in my country.Good luck finding them anyway.
opamando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 opamando
Member since 2007 • 1268 Posts

I would look into something like this. ASRock 4CoreDual-SATA2. And maybe this for a CPU. That is $110, but it gets you a better CPU, a mobo with AGP and a PCIe slot (even though it is x4 mode) And it takes DDR.

That celeron would smoke that P4 as it is, but then if you OC'ed that thing, then it could fly. But if you can sqeeze any more money put it in a better CPU.

I know this is not a perfect solution, but it's what came to my mind.

marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 marcthpro
Member since 2003 • 7927 Posts
is canadian from same province as me Quebec and thing are even more rare and overpriced in canada you will have a problems with such money i can tell. i can tell you get scrap for 100$ so you must harvest more money or cross ur finger that amongh all the place in quebec / ontario you find a place

we call those Pc Recycler (PC recycle) it a departement that i heard still alive and you put old stuff i was here 5 year ago and i was suprise to seen the oldies of hardware : The 32meg ram / hard drive of 1GB ? if i'm correct and such maybe there is that what you seek but again cross ur finger.
cause if you don't find such place a pc that worth more then ur old p4 in therm of power isn't behind : 150$CAD include mobo + cpu
while in usa it different they pay much less since canada recession in 2008 Q4 For hardware Part (Reffering to October)

75% of hardware Went up in price that i know off include hard Drive / Soundcard / video card / Processor / motherboard / case /
video game & movie wasn't affected since last week (thing aren't going well) i have no explication of those but it is what i seen
because thing aren't lowering as they should unlike USA how ever thing are still buy-able

RE-EDIT according what i seeing ? you say that it just the mobo that collapsed and ur sure the cpu isn't dead too ? like did my Emachine H2604 The whole system died Beside GPu and ram : as it like the motherboard wasn't funcitng there for it was bad to dump : in 2004 November also we bought hen en asrock didn't work more then 2 day lol seem the cpu died on the shock : it dead for now who know it may work if we put it in a pc dump place and they fix it lol

but a 2600 Athelon xp : Barton is like A P4 2.4Ghz no profit to make of that unless people are really knowing nothing
Angry_Bosmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Angry_Bosmer

Ok so I found a page of 478s. Anything in there worth checking out.

http://search.pricewatch.com/motherboards/socket_478-0.htm

Angry_Bosmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Angry_Bosmer

I found this. I don't know the brand I'm going to recherch a bit now. Looks good?

http://www1.pricewatch.com/public/info2.aspx?i=2&z=4110&ro=13&aid=35778569&a=263725

marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 marcthpro
seem good enough i know nothing about P4 motherboard infrastructure for the money you pay i guess it sure overpriced lol when you get like P35-P43 For that money but anyway it to let work ur P4 and hopefully sell it to some people who say OKAY BOSMER I BUY UR PC FOR 350$ ! then ur like YAY !
teddyrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 teddyrob
Member since 2004 • 4557 Posts

Ok my 'brilliant' P4P800 went to hell a month ago and I kind of need a PC. I need a new motherboard but it's a socket 478 and there rare as modern pirates (harr, tipe).

2. AGP 8x

I looked around on various sites and most stoped selling 478s. Local stores don't have anything. I'm realy in a crappy situation because without a board I'll never sell this trash can.

I found this but it's not very impresive, it's precise either so I can't look it up.

Angry_Bosmer

Are you still keeping that old system them. Why not sell the old stuff make a leap to the PCIexpress and core2 and DDR2 might work out a lot cheaper than you think.

2nd I'm not sure you can call any board of the 478 socket a decent gaming board these days.

marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 marcthpro
haha True Teddyrob but this guy is Like Xbox 360 & Pentium 4 FTW
Angry_Bosmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Angry_Bosmer
[QUOTE="Angry_Bosmer"]

2. AGP 8x

teddyrob

Are you still keeping that old system them. Why not sell the old stuff make a leap to the PCIexpress and core2 and DDR2 might work out a lot cheaper than you think.

2nd I'm not sure you can call any board of the 478 socket a decent gaming board these days.

did you ever try to sell a pile of old parts, PCs with a lot of software are easier to sell.

Angry_Bosmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Angry_Bosmer

haha True Teddyrob but this guy is Like Xbox 360 & Pentium 4 FTWmarcthpro

I'm not that bad, I only keep this thing because I want something much better and that means 1500$.

marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 marcthpro
:P ? much better hehe well that in 2010 ? Westmere ? hopefulyl by time a 350$ video card doens't cost 550$CAD
at laucnh fo 4870x2 : 4870x2 was 550$US : 599$ CAD and lot of part where just 20-30$ more expensive then in usa now it more lke +70$ to +200$
which i find really not fair but we are just 30 million peopel they are 300 million ? so it suposse to be fair anyway.
kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts
is canadian from same province as me Quebec and thing are even more rare and overpriced in canada you will have a problems with such money i can tell. i can tell you get scrap for 100$ so you must harvest more money or cross ur finger that amongh all the place in quebec / ontario you find a place

we call those Pc Recycler (PC recycle) it a departement that i heard still alive and you put old stuff i was here 5 year ago and i was suprise to seen the oldies of hardware : The 32meg ram / hard drive of 1GB ? if i'm correct and such maybe there is that what you seek but again cross ur finger.
cause if you don't find such place a pc that worth more then ur old p4 in therm of power isn't behind : 150$CAD include mobo + cpu
while in usa it different they pay much less since canada recession in 2008 Q4 For hardware Part (Reffering to October)

75% of hardware Went up in price that i know off include hard Drive / Soundcard / video card / Processor / motherboard / case /
video game & movie wasn't affected since last week (thing aren't going well) i have no explication of those but it is what i seen
because thing aren't lowering as they should unlike USA how ever thing are still buy-able

RE-EDIT according what i seeing ? you say that it just the mobo that collapsed and ur sure the cpu isn't dead too ? like did my Emachine H2604 The whole system died Beside GPu and ram : as it like the motherboard wasn't funcitng there for it was bad to dump : in 2004 November also we bought hen en asrock didn't work more then 2 day lol seem the cpu died on the shock : it dead for now who know it may work if we put it in a pc dump place and they fix it lol

but a 2600 Athelon xp : Barton is like A P4 2.4Ghz no profit to make of that unless people are really knowing nothing
marcthpro

2. AGP 8x

Angry_Bosmer
......u should just scrap that you could build amd duel core system for less then $100 - the video card you can get something like the amd 4400-5000 a cheap board and ram then keep your ide HD
marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 marcthpro
i was wondering when you would pop out kemar :D
i think he want to try to sell is P4 for 150$ if that work he make profit from a thign instead of let it go in a dump tough i don't know
how he could sell a pc at 150$ that as P4 and a ugly Agp 8x Slot unless the buyer is a idiot

personally i'm far away of being a idiot in hardware of pc i'm nearly GodLike Compare to major population with all those benchmark and stuff
i k now that is P4 + video card Will be Weaker then my mate Danny in uninte dkingdom who as a P4 3.2ghz + ATI 800XT PCI-E 16X
and is score was on viritual mark 1900 score : mine 17350 if i'm correct ? but sound like i miss of power for it it should be 20,000 i think not sure how ever
as it like free test i doesn't possede any 3dmark software yet i know that the best to use is 3dmark 05 tough
kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts
i think he want to try to sell is P4 for 150$ if that work he make profit from a thign instead of let it go in a dump tough i don't know
how he could sell a pc at 150$ that as P4 and a ugly Agp 8x Slot unless the buyer is a idiot

personally i'm far away of being a idiot in hardware of pc i'm nearly GodLike Compare to major population with all those benchmark and stuff
i k now that is P4 + video card Will be Weaker then my mate Danny in uninte dkingdom who as a P4 3.2ghz + ATI 800XT PCI-E 16X
and is score was on viritual mark 1900 score : mine 17350 if i'm correct ? but sound like i miss of power for it it should be 20,000 i think not sure how ever
as it like free test i doesn't possede any 3dmark software yet i know that the best to use is 3dmark 05 tough marcthpro
I guess hes stuck with it no one gonna buy that for $ 150 not even on ebay maybe he should just buy an agp ati 3850
Angry_Bosmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Angry_Bosmer

as it like free test i doesn't possede any 3dmark software yet i know that the best to use is 3dmark 05 tough marcthpro

you people are so naive.

marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 marcthpro
naive ? how am i naive ? lol ? you just want Socket 478 ? and watn to sell someting weaker then my mate ?! how is that naive ?!