So Path of Exile open beta is coming up, what do you think?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/eehtnb/path-of-exile-exclusive-open-beta-trailer

To me this game looks really amazing, it's doing a lot of things differently and it isn't just some Diablo clone. The passive skill tree is just amazing and the way that they handled skills by making them gems you attatch to weapons is interesting as well. Not to mention the game has no currency and vendors use a barter system, which is a great way to get rid of money which was useless anyway!

I also recommend you all watch this First 40 video, really shows the games shining mechanics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfcvdEL-Woc

**Sorry I don't know how to do clickable links, just copy and paste.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/eehtnb/path-of-exile-exclusive-open-beta-trailer

To me this game looks really amazing, it's doing a lot of things differently and it isn't just some Diablo clone. The passive skill tree is just amazing and the way that they handled skills by making them gems you attatch to weapons is interesting as well. Not to mention the game has no currency and vendors use a barter system, which is a great way to get rid of money which was useless anyway!

I also recommend you all watch this First 40 video, really shows the games shining mechanics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfcvdEL-Woc

Crypt_mx
Seems interesting, and since it's free to play I may check it out.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

The production value is mind blowing for being an indie game that is free to play. It has a lot of potential and though I have played a decent amount of it in the past, I will be trying the open beta out no doubt. I love the item art and gritty graphics.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

I like how the game doesn't have currency but runs on a barder system. I think I'll actually try this out when it comes out.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NaveedLife

I like how the game doesn't have currency but runs on a barder system. I think I'll actually try this out when it comes out.

WiiMan21

This is probably the one thing I dont like. I need to play with it more though.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45996 Posts

I'm interested in this game, it also has a really fair F2P model.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45996 Posts

Crypt_mx

just put it like this *url=put your url here]write something here */url]

replace the * with [

iagbas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 iagbas
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts
Its really good game and its free. I played the closed beta couple of months. It fills the gap for people that are starving for proper diablo style game unlike diablo 3.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
I still haven't been bothered to install Torchlight 2. The isometric dungeon crawling thing lost its cool quite a while ago.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NaveedLife

I still haven't been bothered to install Torchlight 2. The isometric dungeon crawling thing lost its cool quite a while ago.SKaREO

I wasn't aware of this, along with the millions of other people who have bought iso ARPG's recently.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Crypt_mx

I still haven't been bothered to install Torchlight 2. The isometric dungeon crawling thing lost its cool quite a while ago.SKaREO

I thought this as well, which is why I originally was not interested in Path of Exile. But it seems they are doing just enough to spice up the game and make it different. I think its worth a go, especially if its free.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
I enjoyed the beta and will probably spend at least some time with PoE. Personally not crazy about some things, and also looking forward to games like Grim Dawn a lot more.
Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Crypt_mx

I enjoyed the beta and will probably spend at least some time with PoE. Personally not crazy about some things, and also looking forward to games like Grim Dawn a lot more.Renevent42

I've seen Grim Dawn, it looks fine but its artstyle is again more cartoony. I just want a dark game to fill the void, I havent seen anything like it since D2

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

[QUOTE="Renevent42"]I enjoyed the beta and will probably spend at least some time with PoE. Personally not crazy about some things, and also looking forward to games like Grim Dawn a lot more.Crypt_mx

I've seen Grim Dawn, it looks fine but its artstyle is again more cartoony. I just want a dark game to fill the void, I havent seen anything like it since D2

I wouldn't really call it cartoony (at least not in the same way as Torchlight is), but yeah, it does have a bit more color to it though the textures are definitely more detailed. Anyways what really gets me excited for Grim Dawn is the skill system. TQ had the best skill system in an ARPG imo, and the Crate guys are making it even better this time around.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="Renevent42"]I enjoyed the beta and will probably spend at least some time with PoE. Personally not crazy about some things, and also looking forward to games like Grim Dawn a lot more.Crypt_mx

I think Grim Dawn is pretty similar to Diablo. Both it and Path of Exile are good, I just wish PoE had better animations for the characters. I love the item art and all. Grim Dawn has some great music and enemy design as well. Both are very good to be honest.