So I'm playing the Diablo III beta RIGHT NOW (just got in)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts

So if you guys have any questions about anything at all, feel free to ask. I'll tab back to the boards every so often to answer some stuff.

Now... ONWARDS TO DEMON SLAYING.

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
Well i guess for starters how is it so far lol?
-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

The Diablo 3 beta doesn't have a NDA?

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts

-wildflower-
According to Blizzard's community manager, it does not. Which is very good, since I would have hated to have to wipe out this thread for violating an NDA. :P
PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts
Is it actually good, what is the connection system like? be objective... :P
spittis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 spittis
Member since 2005 • 1875 Posts
Assuming you played previous Diablos (at least #2), how does it "feel" compared to them?
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NAPK1NS
Well i guess for starters how is it so far lol?SaintJimmmy
Really, really fun. Like, tremendously fun. It's really exciting getting new skills and testing them out on masses on enemies. The physics are probably one of the key things that makes the game so satisfying. Cleaving a zombie in half as a Barb and watching his two halves spin in mid is air is excellent.
Is it actually good, what is the connection system like? be objective... :PPC360Wii
Well, I have pretty speedy internet but it's running perfectly (and, again, just a beta). The login time was basically instant and I've experienced no in-game lag. Connecting to a public co-op game took about seven seconds.
Assuming you played previous Diablos (at least #2), how does it "feel" compared to them?spittis
The best way I can describe it is this: It feels exactly the way you want it to. The hack n' slash/looting goodness is all there but it's built with contemporary embellishments. The graphics, physics, destructible environments really make for a wild time. It feels very much like D2 in terms of gameplay but the volume has been turned up on everything. :D Keep 'em coming guys... no one is asking about the graphics!? :o
-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

[QUOTE="-wildflower-"]

ChiliDragon

According to Blizzard's community manager, it does not. Which is very good, since I would have hated to have to wipe out this thread for violating an NDA. :P

I'm definitely not a Blizzard or a Diablo fan but their not having a NDA for beta is pretty impressive.

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#9 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

Did you get the invite from your email inbox or your spam inbox?

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ChiliDragon
Cleaving a zombie in half as a Barb and watching his two halves spin in mid is air is excellent.NAPK1NS
I officially want this game now. :D [QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]The best way I can describe it is this: It feels exactly the way you want it to. The hack n' slash/looting goodness is all there but it's built with contemporary embellishments. The graphics, physics, destructible environments really make for a wild time. It feels very much like D2 in terms of gameplay but the volume has been turned up on everything. :D Keep 'em coming guys... no one is asking about the graphics!? :o

Psh, graphics-schmaphics. :P From your posts I'm assuming it's playing very smoothly on your system? What are your specs? Or to rephrase, how well optimized does it seem to be?
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Did you get the invite from your email inbox or your spam inbox?

klusps
You're hoping for an invite too huh? Yeah me too. Still waiting. :(
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 1

#12 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

How are the controls? With using the numbers and such?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca
deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca
Member since 2005 • 1890 Posts
How is the difficulty? Is it a walk in the park?
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Well I guess my main concerns for the game right now are these:

• Is it too easy? (Apparently the beta section is supposed to be super easy though, so not a fair judgement)
  • Is the world/dungeon as complex and explorable as DII was?
  • How is the music?
  • How is only having four players max?
  • And finally (not a good question for a beta) how is the auction house?

I am a bit worried about the difficulty and the auction house (real money section) and such in this game. I LOVE DII, but these things are kinda scaring me a bit lol.

I thought I got in (just checked) because it shows Diablo III (coming soon) under "Your Game Accounts", but I dont see anyway to play or DL. I am guessing everyone sees this and it means nothing?

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts
[QUOTE="dannenissan2"]How is the difficulty? Is it a walk in the park?

At Blizzcon 2011, Blizzard stated the beta is supposed to be "extremely simple" or something. It's the first portion of the first act on the lowest difficulty. It's the "tutorial" so to speak. Any experienced gamer is going to probably find the beta quite easy.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I hope the game is hard and brutal when it calls for it. :P
Hekynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hekynn
Member since 2003 • 2164 Posts
Lucky TURD!!
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NAPK1NS
[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]Cleaving a zombie in half as a Barb and watching his two halves spin in mid is air is excellent.ChiliDragon
I officially want this game now. :D [QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]The best way I can describe it is this: It feels exactly the way you want it to. The hack n' slash/looting goodness is all there but it's built with contemporary embellishments. The graphics, physics, destructible environments really make for a wild time. It feels very much like D2 in terms of gameplay but the volume has been turned up on everything. :D Keep 'em coming guys... no one is asking about the graphics!? :o

Psh, graphics-schmaphics. :P From your posts I'm assuming it's playing very smoothly on your system? What are your specs? Or to rephrase, how well optimized does it seem to be?

Just click on my Xfire ID for my specs. I have a strong system. At max settings I never saw the framerate drop below 55fps. It's a uniquely beautiful game and runs smooth as butter.
-CheeseEater-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -CheeseEater-
Member since 2007 • 5258 Posts
Yeh but how do I get into the DoTA 2 BETA? That's the real question here! :D Nah in all seriousness, congratulations on getting into the Diablo III BETA - hope you're having a blast!
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NAPK1NS

How are the controls? With using the numbers and such?

realguitarhero5
It works really well. Basically whenever you tap a number assigned skill you perform the move in the direction your cursor is placed. I was worried about how it would feel but I'm happy with the results. ABR 4 life by the way. :D [QUOTE="dannenissan2"]How is the difficulty? Is it a walk in the park?

It was most definitely on the easy side. I did struggle a few times and die as the barb a few times. Remember that this is the normal difficulty and the first hour of the game.

Well I guess my main concerns for the game right now are these:

• Is it too easy? (Apparently the beta section is supposed to be super easy though, so not a fair judgement)
  • Is the world/dungeon as complex and explorable as DII was?
  • How is the music?
  • How is only having four players max?
  • And finally (not a good question for a beta) how is the auction house?

I am a bit worried about the difficulty and the auction house (real money section) and such in this game. I LOVE DII, but these things are kinda scaring me a bit lol.

I thought I got in (just checked) because it shows Diablo III (coming soon) under "Your Game Accounts", but I dont see anyway to play or DL. I am guessing everyone sees this and it means nothing?

NaveedLife
1. I already talked about this but its appropriately challenging and we still have three more difficulties and about 25+ more hours of single player to see. So, you know. Don't sweat it. 2. Even with these early dungeons they were pretty loaded with nooks and crannies. The 4th level of the Cathedral was especially long. You'll be impressed. 3. The music leans towards the ambient side. It's all deliberate though. The idea is to let the amazing combat audio take over while the music sets the mood. When it picks up, it sounds good though. 3. It's just right. You don't understand: these spells are visually powerful and take up a lot of screen space. Eight players would be tooooo much. 4. Auction House is awesome. 'Nuff said.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Auction House is awesome. 'Nuff said. NAPK1NS
What makes it good?

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]Auction House is awesome. 'Nuff said. realguitarhero5

What makes it good?

Make real world money, become a glorified gold farmer :P
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NAPK1NS

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]Auction House is awesome. 'Nuff said. realguitarhero5

What makes it good?

It organized very well. It's kept outside of the actual game space. If you want to browse it you'll have to visit the main menu. There's so many filters you can basically find anything you need with ease. You can ever search the AH with items filtered for that specific character. You also have a lot of funds to shop around since you gold is now just a value that is shared among all your characters. A nice addition.
Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Waiting for my beta key as well..These many many years of waiting and waiting lol..Hey they claim there is no pause button is this true..Did they fix this..Im hopeful they did..One guy complained he went to answere his door an he died..That part is kind of lame and im hopeful they add the pause button in at least for the single player game..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
[QUOTE="realguitarhero5"]

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]Auction House is awesome. 'Nuff said. NAPK1NS

What makes it good?

It organized very well. It's kept outside of the actual game space. If you want to browse it you'll have to visit the main menu. There's so many filters you can basically find anything you need with ease. You can ever search the AH with items filtered for that specific character. You also have a lot of funds to shop around since you gold is now just a value that is shared among all your characters. A nice addition.

But it's still basically taking something that is against the rules in WoW and making it legitimate in Diablo III...
LordAinav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LordAinav
Member since 2007 • 227 Posts

D3 is my most anticipated game for the PC next year. :)

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ChiliDragon
Just click on my Xfire ID for my specs. I have a strong system. At max settings I never saw the framerate drop below 55fps. It's a uniquely beautiful game and runs smooth as butter. NAPK1NS
Ah, thanks. I was posting from work earlier and their firewall was blocking your signature. Nice rig :)
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

There is no NDA because the beta only has about the first hour or two of the game (1/3 of Act 1) so there are very few spoilers and Blizzard has said they have actually made the beta end before the first major spoiler.

The difficulty of the beta is pretty easy because only normal difficulty is available and again it's only the first 1/3 of Act 1 so as Blizzard as said, "you're playing through the tutorial essentially."

This is like the one game I care about so I'd be glad to answer any more questions or if you'd like to hear it from the horse's mouth, head over to the D3 forums. :)

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

I get the feeling you really just wanted to tell people to releive yourself of that weird excited feeling. Anyway, enjoy.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

[QUOTE="-wildflower-"]

ChiliDragon

To my knowledge all blizzard betas do not have an NDA.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

So has anymore been added to the beta besides the essential tutorial section?

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"][QUOTE="realguitarhero5"]What makes it good?

realguitarhero5

But it's still basically taking something that is against the rules in WoW and making it legitimate in Diablo III...

It's their way of avoiding so many people getting scammed and hacked by visiting 3rd parties sites. They take the "teenagers are getting pregnant give them condoms" approach vs the "the teenagers are getting pregnant tell them to stop giving in to urges" approach (which doesn't work)

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

How are the skill trees? Do you have a lot of customization via runes in the Beta? Does there appear to be a build that will become very popular and over-used, or is there enough variety in there + rune customs to make it so you never see the same character twice?

What class are you playing as? Is Demon Hunter totally awesome :P?

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts

How are the skill trees? Do you have a lot of customization via runes in the Beta? Does there appear to be a build that will become very popular and over-used, or is there enough variety in there + rune customs to make it so you never see the same character twice?

MLBknights58
Well im not OP but... You can select the skills that you have unlocked and use them at any level. There is no real "skill tree". At first you can only have 2 skills at the same time but like 5 abilities (you can change at any time). I did not get to see any runes not sure if they are in the beta or not. But ofc there is a chance that you might see the same character again as some abilities seem to be alot better then some others (balance issues i guess (but then again it might be fixed with runes who knows)). I have played Demon Hunter and Wizard in my eyes Demon Hunter was abit slow but then again i have always been more of a caster type character. Wizard for me was lots of fun :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

[QUOTE="realguitarhero5"][QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]It organized very well. It's kept outside of the actual game space. If you want to browse it you'll have to visit the main menu. There's so many filters you can basically find anything you need with ease. You can ever search the AH with items filtered for that specific character. You also have a lot of funds to shop around since you gold is now just a value that is shared among all your characters. A nice addition. GummiRaccoon

It's their way of avoiding so many people getting scammed and hacked by visiting 3rd parties sites. They take the "teenagers are getting pregnant give them condoms" approach vs the "the teenagers are getting pregnant tell them to stop giving in to urges" approach (which doesn't work)

Heehee some people are still gonna do that, though.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

So does anyone know whats up with my games list having Diablo III under it? I dont see a way to DL it or play, and am assuming it is just there for everyone, and not actually the game.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts
[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="realguitarhero5"]But it's still basically taking something that is against the rules in WoW and making it legitimate in Diablo III...realguitarhero5

Heehee some people are still gonna do that, though.

Despite signs warning against it, people get too close to cliffs and fall off every year at Yosemite and die. Blizzard can't prevent people from being idiots. People that still use 3rd party sites deserve to be hacked or anything else bad that happens to them. It's natural selection.
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NAPK1NS
Yikes. If you think that Skill Trees are in Diablo III you may want to treat yourself to a little reading. [QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

So has anymore been added to the beta besides the essential tutorial section?

MLBknights58
Nay. Still, fun all the same. Even these areas are pretty dense. There's this one random dungeon called "Den of the Fallen" that I just cannot seem to find.
[QUOTE="MLBknights58"]

KalDurenik
Well im not OP but... You can select the skills that you have unlocked and use them at any level. There is no real "skill tree". At first you can only have 2 skills at the same time but like 5 abilities (you can change at any time). I did not get to see any runes not sure if they are in the beta or not. But ofc there is a chance that you might see the same character again as some abilities seem to be alot better then some others (balance issues i guess (but then again it might be fixed with runes who knows)). I have played Demon Hunter and Wizard in my eyes Demon Hunter was abit slow but then again i have always been more of a caster type character. Wizard for me was lots of fun :)

Yeah, you basically just unlock skills as you level up. All the ones you had previously get tuned up automatically. With the 5th patch they made it so you have to teleport back to town before you can change your skills.
James00715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 James00715
Member since 2003 • 2484 Posts

You lucky dog! I've been checking my account once a day hoping to get in but no luck so far. I will still keep checking, but I'm beginning to think I won't get a chance to try out the beta. Hopefully, the game is on track for early 2012.

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts
[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"][QUOTE="MLBknights58"]Yikes. If you think that Skill Trees are in Diablo III you may want to treat yourself to a little reading. [QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]Nay. Still, fun all the same. Even these areas are pretty dense. There's this one random dungeon called "Den of the Fallen" that I just cannot seem to find.
[QUOTE="MLBknights58"]

KalDurenik

Yeah, you basically just unlock skills as you level up. All the ones you had previously get tuned up automatically. With the 5th patch they made it so you have to teleport back to town before you can change your skills.

I guess we will see how that work out... I have one problem. When you level up you want to test the new ability that you get (well atleast i want to). If we cant change skills again... Well it will end up annoying (i cant test it right now).
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Favorite classes so far?

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

Haha man I hate you BETA guys.. I'm so jealous. :(

One more question, are there larger numbers of enemies on screen/in the area? Due to the player limit at 4, are there more or less enemies than in normal areas in D2? Do you see combat getting incredibly hectic especiallyat Inferno difficulty? Sorry if that's a confusing question.

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
Lucky you! How is the loot variety so far in the section you had access tO/