So how's everyone liking Titanfall?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

Haven't posted on here in a few months this site is way different than I recalled it.

Anyways, how does everyone playing Titanfall feel about it so far? I think it's a little bare bones, and the "campaign" is a f**cking joke, but overall the gameplay is so refined it that I find myself playing it over other games when I get the chance. Nice to not have frame-rate issues ala the Xbone too, even though the graphics aren't really anything spectacular.

ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts

Game's good. I think nothing spectacular, but fun to play.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Its different an fun..The mechs are a blast to play in..Its very fast paced..Graphics arent bad..Its got some cod stuff, player cards are amazing..Like pack of cards you earn an can use an burn its called..

Branmuffin316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Branmuffin316
Member since 2009 • 1208 Posts

+1 for Chvrches. I like it a lot. Stryder titan is my favorite.

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#5 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Having a blast with it. like Forsaken said, it's nothing spectacular but it's mighty fun. The transitioning and parkour seems so fluid and it's fun using the Titans. Usually playing CTF or Domination feels typically the same with all FPS games, TItanfall makes it really intense. Multiple Titans could be battling it out while you cap a point. The game virtually has no campaign, the "campaign" missions are pretty much Multiplayer with NPC dialogue talking over. Controls are very smooth and decent frame rates too, considering it's the Source Engine.

It may be a little bare bones but the foundation of it is pretty damn fun.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts
Loading Video...

Just kidding, had to do that! I am really enjoying it a lot. The game is non stop action.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Haven't played it.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

Game is fun. Waiting on the optimization patch/AMD drivers.

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

What other ways can they innovate in a fps? I think Titanfall is innovative enough to feel fresh. Its been fun to me.

Avatar image for The_Animator420
The_Animator420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Animator420
Member since 2013 • 262 Posts

I enjoyed the beta, but I haven't bought the game yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@jimmy_russell said:

Gameplay aside, it's a console port with auto-aiming still enabled for the PC. That's all I really have to say about that.

Uhm, aside from the smart pistol, nothing else has aim assist.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@jimmy_russell said:
@airshocker said:

@jimmy_russell said:

Gameplay aside, it's a console port with auto-aiming still enabled for the PC. That's all I really have to say about that.

Unless you plug a controller into your PC and have aim-assist on. I suppose you could disable it and play with a KB&M with aim-assist off, if you like playing with a handicap.

Proof?

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 psn8214

@Branmuffin316 said:

+1 for Chvrches. I like it a lot. Stryder titan is my favorite.

Ikr? I love them so much. Their music is addicting.

... and yah for those concerned about aim assist, it's only an option if you're using a gamepad. Their is no such corresponding option for mouse and keyboard users. Basically it's there so people using a gamepad aren't ~that~ screwed competitively.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

What kind of idiot plays a shooter on the PC with a controller? Rofl. Scrubs these days.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

I wasn't going to buy it but all my COD friends did so they talked me into it (peer pressure dammit)

Game is fun like COD on steroids. Have just played modes for now, will probably try the campaign tomorrow.

Performance is perfect on my spec in all maps, no slowdowns with everything to max except AA and AF which I always set on minimum.

Did anyone else see the EASTER EGG for Half Life in the training section?

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#18  Edited By kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Alot better than I expected, the mechs are fun, the parkour is great, the controls are good, gameplay is good and the level design is great. I do wish there was dedicated servers and some private options to get huge groups together, but other than that its quite fun. Probably my favorite faster paced shooter since Unreal2k4 and TF2. Also havn't had any issues yet in 30 hours, no crashes, no fps issues. Havn't liked any of the COD games after COD4 at all, but this is a blast, the parkour and mechs together realy add to things I must say. I am just glad they went more for gameplay and the parkour/mechs instead of just a shit ton of guns and just infantry battles.down corridors all the time. Not perfect but alot better than I expected and canbe very addicting.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Is this game the death of cod..Will titanfall run amuch an crush its predecesser..Will titanfall become the be all game..Is this a contender for goty..If so you havent played the funnest game of the year, pick it up an find out for yourself..Screw the ea label..This game is entertaining..

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FelipeInside

@kozzy1234 said:

Alot better than I expected, the mechs are fun, the parkour is great, the controls are good, gameplay is good and the level design is great. I do wish there was dedicated servers and some private options to get huge groups together, but other than that its quite fun. Probably my favorite faster paced shooter since Unreal2k4 and TF2. Also havn't had any issues yet in 30 hours, no crashes, no fps issues. Havn't liked any of the COD games after COD4 at all, but this is a blast, the parkour and mechs together realy add to things I must say. I am just glad they went more for gameplay and the parkour/mechs instead of just a shit ton of guns and just infantry battles.down corridors all the time. Not perfect but alot better than I expected and canbe very addicting.

The servers are dedicated.

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

Its fun, but nothing special or innovating like all these critics claim to be, but yurk auto aim pistol.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FelipeInside

@ultimate-k said:

Its fun, but nothing special or innovating like all these critics claim to be, but yurk auto aim pistol.

Yeah that smart pistol is annoying, but just keep moving side to side fast and it can't lock on

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@airshocker said:

What kind of idiot plays a shooter on the PC with a controller? Rofl. Scrubs these days.

My friend plays with a controller, and he plays just fine.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#25  Edited By SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:

My friend plays with a controller, and [he is terrible].

Fixed. There is absolutely no reason to severely handicap yourself in a PC FPS with a controller. Even if you suck with a KB/M and are good with a controller you will still be BETTER with a KB/M. The only thing saving the bads in Titanfail is that plugging in a controller enables aim assist, that plus the autoaim pistol. Further proof EA is just catering to bads in this game, which is one of the many reasons I'm not buying it.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

It's ok. Decent fun but its not going to take the place of BF4 for me. Personally I think blops2 was a better overall game.... but I like it still.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 psn8214

@FelipeInside said:

I wasn't going to buy it but all my COD friends did so they talked me into it (peer pressure dammit)

Game is fun like COD on steroids. Have just played modes for now, will probably try the campaign tomorrow.

Performance is perfect on my spec in all maps, no slowdowns with everything to max except AA and AF which I always set on minimum.

I get AA, but why not max AF? With your specs maxing AF is a negligible performance cost and it makes games look so much better.

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

@airshocker said:

Me. I like playing with a controller when it has aim assist. When the game doesnt have aim assist I play with the mouse and keyboard.

Its fun playing with the controller when there is aim assist.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FelipeInside

@psn8214 said:

@FelipeInside said:

I get AA, but why not max AF? With your specs maxing AF is a negligible performance cost and it makes games look so much better.

Depends on the game. So make it use of it and the game does look better, others the game looks similar to lower settings but just takes a toll on performance.

Also depends on the type of game. For an online competitive MP FPS, I will always choose performance over a bit more graphics.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@slipknot0129 said:

@airshocker said:

Me. I like playing with a controller when it has aim assist. When the game doesnt have aim assist I play with the mouse and keyboard.

Its fun playing with the controller when there is aim assist.

So you like being pathetic? I don't get it. You play a competitive game with a handicap, how is that even fun? It's basically cheating.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:

I doubt it. Anybody using a controller to play a shooter on a PC is a scrub. Now flying with that controller would be a different story. But since Titanfall doesn't offer that, it's pretty pathetic.

Allurez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 Allurez
Member since 2012 • 33 Posts

@jimmy_russell: You think so? Because Titanfall was initially in development for PC only. Respawn wasn't planning for a Xbox One version of the game.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JangoWuzHere

@airshocker said:
@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:

I doubt it. Anybody using a controller to play a shooter on a PC is a scrub. Now flying with that controller would be a different story. But since Titanfall doesn't offer that, it's pretty pathetic.

Can you sound anymore like an elitist? This isn't counter strike or Quake, precision isn't the key to winning. Most modern shooters are built with the controller in mind. My friend simply finds it far more comfortable to use a controller for a game like this. Mouse and keyboard isn't going to give you a huge advantage in a game like Titanfall. People are jumping around and wall running constantly. This game is more about outmaneuvering your opponents, especially in TItan fights. He can also play the game the way he wants. PC gaming isn't about hardcore wannabes like you it's about choice and diversity.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:
@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:

Can you sound anymore like an elitist? This isn't counter strike or Quake, precision isn't the key to winning. Most modern shooters are built with the controller in mind. My friend simply finds it far more comfortable to use a controller for a game like this. Mouse and keyboard isn't going to give you a huge advantage in a game like Titanfall. People are jumping around and wall running constantly. This game is more about outmaneuvering your opponents, especially in TItan fights. He can also play the game the way he wants. PC gaming isn't about hardcore wannabes like you it's about choice and diversity.

don't be silly, the only way to make shooter fun and competitive is pixel perfect mouse tapping.... super fun and not totally old hat.

You need to spend more time walking down 2 corridors crouch-tapping to victory.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:
@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:

Expecting people to play on an even footing is elitism? You really need to brush up on your definitions.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JangoWuzHere

@airshocker said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:
@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:

Expecting people to play on an even footing is elitism? You really need to brush up on your definitions.

You are calling people who want to play with controllers idiots and scrubs. Obviously you are trying to make yourself look superior to people who game with controllers.

Elitist

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JangoWuzHere

@SEANMCAD said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:
@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:

You are calling people who want to play with controllers idiots and scrubs. Obviously you are trying to make yourself look superior to people who game with controllers.

Elitist

being called an Elitist is not a bad thing

It can be depending on the situation.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:
@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:

Elitist

Well firstly, I am superior to people who use controllers. I don't require aim assist in PC games. That makes me better than those who use controllers. That isn't elitism. It's a simple statement of fact.

And secondly, they are scrubs. If you need aim assist in PC shooters, you are a scrub. Simple as that. Again, not elitism. Just a simple statement of fact.

As for the idiots part, well, that's just my opinion. I think it's supremely idiotic to play a shooter on a PC with a controller.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JangoWuzHere

@airshocker said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:
@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:

Elitist

Well firstly, I am superior to people who use controllers. I don't require aim assist in PC games. That makes me better than those who use controllers. That isn't elitism. It's a simple statement of fact.

And secondly, they are scrubs. If you need aim assist in PC shooters, you are a scrub. Simple as that. Again, not elitism. Just a simple statement of fact.

As for the idiots part, well, that's just my opinion. I think it's supremely idiotic to play a shooter on a PC with a controller.

Using a different control scheme doesn't make you superior. It's just a different way of controlling the game. In Titan Fall's case, I don't see how any other is better then the other.

Mouse and Keyboard has specific advantages over a controller. It has more precise aiming and you can quickly turn around and react more accurately. How does a little bit of aim assistance make you any better? Especially when people who use controllers also have specific disadvantages. If you are even half decent at using mouse and keyboard, people who use controllers shouldn't even bother you. Do you consider people who have advanced gaming mouses and keyboard scrubs? Someone out there has more accurate mouse movement and more buttons then I do.

Again, not all shooters work well with a mouse and keyboard. A game like Titan Fall works well with both M+B and gamepad. I'd argue that Titan Fall works better with a gamepad because certain titan abilities and movements require you to hold down keys which makes it hard to move around. I think having a choice is more important then forcing everyone to one control scheme. Even in the mouse and keyboard world, there are hundreds of different mouse and keyboard schemes that have clear disadvantages and advantages.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:
@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:

Elitist

Using a different control scheme doesn't make you superior. It's just a different way of controlling the game. In Titan Fall's case, I don't see how any other is better then the other.

Mouse and Keyboard has specific advantages over a controller. It has more precise aiming and you can quickly turn around and react more accurately. How does a little bit of aim assistance make you any better? Especially when people who use controllers also have specific disadvantages. If you are even half decent at using mouse and keyboard, people who use controllers shouldn't even bother you. Do you consider people who have advanced gaming mouses and keyboard scrubs? Someone out there has more accurate mouse movement and more buttons then I do.

Again, not all shooters work well with a mouse and keyboard. A game like Titan Fall works well with both M+B and gamepad. I'd argue that Titan Fall works better with a gamepad because certain titan abilities and movements require you to hold down keys which makes it hard to move around. I think having a choice is more important then forcing everyone to one control scheme. Even in the mouse and keyboard world, there are hundreds of different mouse and keyboard schemes that have clear disadvantages and advantages.

Using a control scheme that doesn't have aim assist does, in fact, make me better. If you don't see how that's different then I suggest you do some further thinking.

Controllers don't bother me. Aim assist does. Thus, with this specific game, it's one in the same.

Of course people should have the choice. What they shouldn't have is aim assist. An even playing field is pretty fundamental to competitive shooters. Giving one control scheme aim assist is patently unfair to those who don't use controllers and have no wish to.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#43 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

It's fun so far but I think some of the campaign matches are far too short. I guess that too short is better than too long, but it barely feels like you are getting into a match and boom switching sides or evac. I don't consider it has a campaign at this point, instead it has some optional intro videos and voice overs. I would have liked to have seen a free roam for the mp maps or another single player / co-op mode that you could explore some of the maps.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JangoWuzHere

@airshocker said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:
@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:

Elitist

Using a control scheme that doesn't have aim assist does, in fact, make me better. If you don't see how that's different then I suggest you do some further thinking.

Controllers don't bother me. Aim assist does. Thus, with this specific game, it's one in the same.

Of course people should have the choice. What they shouldn't have is aim assist. An even playing field is pretty fundamental to competitive shooters. Giving one control scheme aim assist is patently unfair to those who don't use controllers and have no wish to.

It would actually be more unfair if controllers didn't have aim assist. Aim assist is not as big of an advantage as you are making it out to be.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@JangoWuzHere said:

It would actually be more unfair if controllers didn't have aim assist. Aim assist is not as big of an advantage as you are making it out to be.

No, it would be perfectly fair. Again, people should be free to use controllers if they wish, but they shouldn't be rewarded for using them by getting aim assist.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By JangoWuzHere

@airshocker said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

No, it would be perfectly fair. Again, people should be free to use controllers if they wish, but they shouldn't be rewarded for using them by getting aim assist.

No it wouldn't be fair. If people who use controllers want to stay on a competitive level with mouse and keyboard, they should get aim assist.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FelipeInside

@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

No it wouldn't be fair. If people who use controllers want to stay on a competitive level with mouse and keyboard, they should get aim assist.

Most of my friends that play COD on Playstation turn Aim Assist OFF, they find it easier without it.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

@jimmy_russell said:
@airshocker said:

@jimmy_russell said:

Unless you plug a controller into your PC and have aim-assist on. I suppose you could disable it and play with a KB&M with aim-assist off, if you like playing with a handicap.

KB&M without aim assist is a handicap compared to controller with aim-assist?

Surely, you can't be serious...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

Then KB+M users should get aim assist. It should be all or none.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 psn8214

@airshocker said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@airshocker said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

Then KB+M users should get aim assist. It should be all or none.

That makes no sense though. You're implying that compared to a someone using a controller with auto-aim a keyboard/mouse user is at a disadvantage; I would disagree and say that this is not true, that even with the perceived advantage auto-aim might provide, a gamepad user will always be at a disadvantage compared to a keyboard/mouse user. The inclusion of auto-aim merely minimizes the discrepancy between the two. It certainly doesn't turn the tables. As such, it makes for a more fair game between those that wish to use a gamepad and those that prefer the more traditional PC-gaming keyboard/mouse setup. Looking at it through this light as a keyboard/mouse user myself I see this as entirely acceptable and frankly, I'm surprised more people here don't. Implying that we using a mouse deserve our own auto-aim out of some bizarrely exaggerated sense of fairness and/or pathetic graspings of elitism is therefore, in my opinion, quite stupid. Just my thoughts. =)