So Arkham city..... A question about what's to come.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MlauTheDaft (4704 posts) -

Ok, so I finally got around to playing Arkham City and I think it's pretty great.... BUT!

Will I encounter many missions like the AR ones? because they're TERRIBLE. The controls are simply not good enough and the advanced missions have too litlle margin for error.

Switching to KB/M helped out a lot but, between Batman grabbing on to various parts of the enviroment, grabbable things being inconveninently place and the not so tight controls; these missions made me not want to play anymore and turned the game from a 9 into a 7, for the time being.

Do I suck? Did the game just get away with a few too many flaws? Can I even change controller sensitivity in game (not that I think KB/M won't still be much better for sections like this)?

#2 Posted by MuD3 (1567 posts) -

Think this may be user error here as I recall them being fairly easy. I think they just unlock some abilities or something? I can't remember.

Arkham Asylum was a much better better game if you ask me... city is still great, but it was a bit of a let down after Asylum.

#3 Posted by harry_james_pot (11241 posts) -
@MlauTheDaft said:
between Batman grabbing on to various parts of the enviroment, grabbable things being inconveninently place and the not so tight controls; these missions made me not want to play anymore

Huh? I don't know what you're talking about. The controls were great and I never experienced any problems with accidentally grabbing things. And the AR missions weren't that hard either.

#4 Edited by MlauTheDaft (4704 posts) -

*deleted because duplicate

#5 Edited by MlauTheDaft (4704 posts) -

It's specifically the advanced ones. You basically have to float - divebomb - stabilize - pass through narrow tunnels.

The controls are fine for combat and regular traversal, but certainly not good enough for precision flight.

Here's a demonstration:

Loading Video...

Not mine, but it it illustrates this particular issue.

Edit:

I've actually finished this one (I did'nt overshoot like that, but it still applies) and spent a long time failing, because my feet grazed the water or because I was slightly too high.

Advanced AR training 1 actually has two pipes sticking out right before the fifth marker...

#6 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19344 posts) -

No you don't suck. And Its good you didn't fall for the hype. Your critisms about the game are fair and Accurate.

#7 Edited by MlauTheDaft (4704 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

No you don't suck. And Its good you didn't fall for the hype. Your critisms about the game are fair and Accurate.

That being said, I just met up with Mr. Freeze and the game itself is really good ;)

Penguin crushing that guy's hand really made me want him to suffer ;) Batman was too nice for me there.

Also, Batman punches ice with the power of freedom and love or something. It does'nt hurt people at least.

#8 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (19344 posts) -

@MlauTheDaft

Puzzle Bosses Are the best, especially where stealth is Concerned. Mr. Freeze was the hilight of the entire series.

#9 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19344 posts) -

@MlauTheDaft

Puzzle Bosses Are the best, especially where stealth is Concerned. Mr. Freeze was the hilight of the entire series.