Skip the Videos - Crysis Demo

This topic is locked from further discussion.

D9-THC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 D9-THC
Member since 2007 • 3081 Posts

Tired of sitting through five mintues of videos every time you want to start up Crysis? I was so I did some snooping and found where the video files are stored. If you delete them, the game starts at the MAIN MENU!

To boot up Crysis without the videos:

Navigate to where you have it installed. Open the "Game" folder. And I'm not at home right now or else I'd double check but from there you need to open the "Video" folder or the "media" folder or something like that.

Once you're in the "Video" folder you should see a bunch of files that start with "Trailer_..." If you delete all of the files that start with "Trailer_..." you won't have to sit through any videos when you start up Crysis.

usule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 usule
Member since 2003 • 1734 Posts

Tired of sitting through five mintues of videos every time you want to start up Crysis? I was so I did some snooping and found where the video files are stored. If you delete them, the game starts at the MAIN MENU!

To boot up Crysis without the videos:

Navigate to where you have it installed. Open the "Game" folder. And I'm not at home right now or else I'd double check but from there you need to open the "Video" folder or the "media" folder or something like that.

Once you're in the "Video" folder you should see a bunch of files that start with "Trailer_..." If you delete all of the files that start with "Trailer_..." you won't have to sit through any videos when you start up Crysis.

D9-THC

I got red of that problem by hiting escape, and after, during the game videos, just click on space and it skips the video... :)

D9-THC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 D9-THC
Member since 2007 • 3081 Posts
Hmm...hitting escape doesn't skip any videos for me in the demo or the beta. During the game spacebar works but I don't want to skip those :P
nosferatuu666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 nosferatuu666
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

thnx, been looking for these, they are however not ENTIRELY where you said they were, they are in the game / Localized / Video map, well, on the full version anyway, and you cant escape all of the intro movies, (there are quite alot) this makes starting crysis alot less anoying, so far, the intros are the biggest drawback of the game :P