'Simulation-Lite' racing games for PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for General_Shaffer
General_Shaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 General_Shaffer
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Hey, fellow Gamespotters, quick question for you all here. I'm looking for racing games that fall somewhere in between Need for Speed and Simbin Studios in terms of realism. For those who don't know who Simbin studios is, they took the "Real Racing" genre to the next level, by linking a gamer and a real car and having him race the pros at a test race at the Nurburgring. o_O Anyway, games like that are awesome, but I have neither the time nor the talent to run telemetry on my car until it can four-wheel drift perfectly around every corner. So, is there such a game, or games? Ones that do offer a modicum of realism (real cars, real tracks, not outrunning the cops in downtown LA), but something I could race with a cheap pad, or even my keyboard? Thanks in advance :)

BLKR4330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 BLKR4330
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts

i've been looking for this on pc too whitout much succes. you might want to give GRID a go if you haven't already but that left me disappointed personally in terms of realism and feel.

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
On the PC, the DiRT series would probably be your best bet but in leans a tad bit more to the arcadey side. GTR2 has some nice varying difficulty levels that you can tune from Novice to Expert as well. Novice is pretty accessible as it adds a ton of assist that are progressively lost as you ramp up the difficulty. Those are the only ones I can think off of the top of my head for PC as racing games on PC are usually arcadey multiplats or hardcore sims; barely anything inbetween. Your best bet for "semi-sims" would probably be with Forza and Gran Turismo on consoles.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
GRID might be what you're looking for.
Elitemajik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Elitemajik
Member since 2002 • 333 Posts

iRacing but they have a monthly fee and you have to buy tracks and cars with real money. or wait for rfactor 2 or GTR3