Simcity is it any good now

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sandeep410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sandeep410
Member since 2004 • 1180 Posts

Is the game playable now or does it lag like shit.

Are all the bugs fixed and stuff??

Is it worth getting??

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Still the same tiny smoke and mirrors garbage that it was before :P

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
Tried playing it a week ago. It's still garbage. Worth maybe 5-10 dollars, if that. It's all shiny graphics with no substance.
Tixylixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Tixylixx
Member since 2011 • 312 Posts
Maps too small and the simulation feels broken, it's something you notice after playing awhile though.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Is it worth getting??

sandeep410
Most of the bugs have been ironed out and lots of things fixed. Lots of people say it's a lot better but it still has the issues of small maps, online etc.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#6 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

havn't played in a while. Deep down it's a good game. If i paid full price i would been mad but i picked it up for $32

SO Wait  AT LEAST $20 or so where you feel good about the price  OR they release bigger areas...

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

Probaby the worst game i've played in many, many years.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts

Tried playing it a week ago. It's still garbage. Worth maybe 5-10 dollars, if that. It's all shiny graphics with no substance.chrisrooR

Even the graphics are not all that shiny.

Probaby the worst game i've played in many, many years.

HyperWarlock

Agreed. And I was so hyped for the game too. 

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

I was considering it for 30 but thats stiff too high for me because of all the bad stuff i heard about it. Shame really in the mood for a city building game.

Or i can just wait for Tropico 5 that one will probably be   super good.

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

I was considering it for 30 but thats stiff too high for me because of all the bad stuff i heard about it. Shame really in the mood for a city building game.

Or i can just wait for Tropico 5 that one will probably be   super good.

Sleepyz
cities Xl is awesome and is superior to sim city in everyway which is crazy considering its like 4....yeah 4 years older, still looks great too
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
[QUOTE="sandeep410"]

Is it worth getting??

FelipeInside
Most of the bugs have been ironed out and lots of things fixed. Lots of people say it's a lot better but it still has the issues of small maps, online etc.

LOL wow. What a stooge.
sandeep410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sandeep410

I was thinking of getting it but after reading comments i think i will change my mind.

Last good city building game i played was anon 1404, the new one sucked.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46488 Posts

I was thinking of getting it but after reading comments i think i will change my mind.

sandeep410

Try out Tropico, perhaps you will like that.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#14 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

It has gotten alot better actaully with updates.

There is still no bigger cities but other than that it has really cleaned up well.

Id still say Anno 2070 is the best option for this type of game (simcity 4 and Tropico4 are good to), but there is still alot of fun to be had in SimCity right now if you don't mind smaller maps and being online. The two free areas they have released in updates have been very good ones to.

Bottomline is it is alot better than it was on release week, is it perfect now? No but it is alot better.

sandeep410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sandeep410

I had played tropica demo long back and i didnt liked that at all. Just saw cities XL and graphics sucks

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#16 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

sandeep410

That is not true, the new one is arguably the best one in the series, it has the most depth forsure. Only thing that can realy be argued about it is the setting, some prefer the old school settings of hte older games to the future style setting of the new one.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 R4gn4r0k

I had played tropica demo long back and i didnt liked that at all. Just saw cities XL and graphics sucks

sandeep410

What tropico game did you play ? The series has changed and improved over time.

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

sandeep410
Your missing out. Tropico 4 is a fantastic game not just a city building game but with politics and humor. I saw it the other day with all addons for just 7.50 that was a super deal for a super game.
sandeep410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sandeep410

I dont rember which one it was but demo had a arabic guy giving instructions about game.

I didnt liked anon 2070 at all. I generally dont like futuristic stuff i hate mass effect.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="sandeep410"]

Is it worth getting??

SKaREO

LOL wow. What a stooge.

Go back and play some competitive DOTA2.... oh that's right, ur not good enough for tournaments. Sorry u feel so jelly about that.
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

tumblr_inline_mq3s8rh6Sp1qz4rgp.gif.

CommandoAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 CommandoAgent
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts

Stick with Sim City 4 and 3000.

Although Sim City 3000 is kinda outdated now.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

Maps too small and the simulation feels broken, it's something you notice after playing awhile though.Tixylixx
map sizes i wish were a tad bigger.

I personally like that they put some constraints on you so your city had to be some kind of city rather then a borg-like-city you saw in so so many cities in past SimCity games.

but the simulation does feel broken.

I'll have a city that is just transitioning to larger one, and i'll get nailed by fire department and police city asking for a regional police/fire station. I'll only have half of the small map being occupied and actively being developed, and the police will just cluster in one small corner not spread across the city. The fire department won't send it's fire trucks even as multiple fires rage through the city (and you have no way of commanding them like you did in past games), and my trolley-mass transit won't spread the cars out but again cluster them near each other.

really only things i wish it really really had were:

1. better AI

2. bigger maps (not asking gigantic ones, just at least twice as big as the current ones).

3. offline mode

4. more inner-city mass transit options.

that's it, that's all i'd really like to see. but i think what they're gonna do instead is try to turn SimCity into a Sims sort of thing with endless content DLC.

Avatar image for Allenmorgan1234
Allenmorgan1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Allenmorgan1234
Member since 2013 • 65 Posts
so sad to listen about the game that was catching most of the ears and eyes at the time of the launch and people were very much excited to have a play out of it ..
Alpha_S_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Alpha_S_
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts

Let's see, still has:

1.  Small maps that don't allow much in the way of building an interesting, realistic, sprawling city.

2.  No real terraforming to speak of.

3.  Poor simulation.

4.  Still requires Origin and dealing with EA's garbage to play.

It boggles my mind that the simple concept of city buidling game can be mutilated so badly.  Regardless, as others have said there are better options out there.

Tixylixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Tixylixx
Member since 2011 • 312 Posts

[QUOTE="Tixylixx"]Maps too small and the simulation feels broken, it's something you notice after playing awhile though.SaudiFury

map sizes i wish were a tad bigger.

I personally like that they put some constraints on you so your city had to be some kind of city rather then a borg-like-city you saw in so so many cities in past SimCity games.

but the simulation does feel broken.

I'll have a city that is just transitioning to larger one, and i'll get nailed by fire department and police city asking for a regional police/fire station. I'll only have half of the small map being occupied and actively being developed, and the police will just cluster in one small corner not spread across the city. The fire department won't send it's fire trucks even as multiple fires rage through the city (and you have no way of commanding them like you did in past games), and my trolley-mass transit won't spread the cars out but again cluster them near each other.

really only things i wish it really really had were:

1. better AI

2. bigger maps (not asking gigantic ones, just at least twice as big as the current ones).

3. offline mode

4. more inner-city mass transit options.

that's it, that's all i'd really like to see. but i think what they're gonna do instead is try to turn SimCity into a Sims sort of thing with endless content DLC.

Transport in the game is totally broken and it wont ever be fixed tbh, EA have already ditched it as it didn't sell well. However my main problem is I cannot switch from city to city without loading, I want to be able to just zoom out and work on them both at the same time. Like you feel no connection between cities, there is very little direct interaction, the stuff that is there is frustrating like pollution and crime. The new DLC i haven't bothered with because looking at Youtube videos, people don't have the space for it, I mean a theme park can take up a massive chunk on the city. Imagine if they added The Sims like scale of DLC, where would you fit it? Starting a new city over and over gets boring.
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts
[QUOTE="Tixylixx"] Transport in the game is totally broken and it wont ever be fixed tbh, EA have already ditched it as it didn't sell well. However my main problem is I cannot switch from city to city without loading, I want to be able to just zoom out and work on them both at the same time. Like you feel no connection between cities, there is very little direct interaction, the stuff that is there is frustrating like pollution and crime. The new DLC i haven't bothered with because looking at Youtube videos, people don't have the space for it, I mean a theme park can take up a massive chunk on the city. Imagine if they added The Sims like scale of DLC, where would you fit it? Starting a new city over and over gets boring.

I just realized also, there is only one major inlet/outlet for traffic from that massive regional highway. Ever notice the huge cluster%@#$ of a traffic jam it is all the time there. Just because it's a massive choke-point. i've used the theme park dlc. and i will say it does take a huge amount of space in the city. roughly 1/5th of the land is just that. only positive thing i can say is that it is a constant source of income and you don't have to worry about it being depleted - at least not to my knoweldge yet. but yeah without larger maps, you can only build these specialized little cities over and over again.
sandeep410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sandeep410

How can some1 screw up so much stuff in a single game

worldalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 worldalpha
Member since 2011 • 26 Posts

Boy, I bought it on release day as it was my bday.  Played it a couple days and haven't touched it since.  Not sure enough evidence to pick it up again.

MrUnSavory1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MrUnSavory1
Member since 2005 • 777 Posts

Let me sum this up for you and make it easier. if EA has anything to do with it, then it sucks.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FelipeInside

Let me sum this up for you and make it easier. if EA has anything to do with it, then it sucks.

MrUnSavory1
Wrong generalization there matey. Sim City might not have been what it was meant to be, but there are heaps of great EA Games out there. Sorry to hear you miss out on them cause of your hate.
zekere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#32 zekere
Member since 2003 • 2536 Posts

The top two of Maxis resigned and started a new studio...need more evidence how disappointed they are with Simcity? Also, I really love Anno2070, but you gotta love the future setting.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 R4gn4r0k

The top two of Maxis resigned and started a new studio...need more evidence how disappointed they are with Simcity? Also, I really love Anno2070, but you gotta love the future setting.

zekere

Let's hope their new studio is interested in making city building games. So we see some of the greatness of the older Simcity games again.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#34 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
[QUOTE="sandeep410"]

Is it worth getting??

FelipeInside

I agree here , Sim City has gotten a lot better and some of the biggest bugs have been sorta fixed. What i dont get is the problem people have with mapsize, i think the different area´s are fine, and with the ability to share resources you have multiple "cities" to build in , unless you choose to play with others than i agree the maps could be bigger. My biggest problem is still the online part though, i have a 1½-2h trainride to and from Uni, so it would be nice to be able to play it on the train. So if you can live with the online part and the mapsize, Sim city is a 7/10 game and a "on sale" must buy.
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jacanuk

MrUnSavory1
LOL i always laugh when i hear peoples hate for EA just to hate, its so moronic because most still buy their games and they also release some pretty decent titles.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 wis3boi

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="sandeep410"]

Is it worth getting??

Jacanuk

I agree here , Sim City has gotten a lot better and some of the biggest bugs have been sorta fixed. What i dont get is the problem people have with mapsize, i think the different area´s are fine, and with the ability to share resources you have multiple "cities" to build in , unless you choose to play with others than i agree the maps could be bigger. My biggest problem is still the online part though, i have a 1½-2h trainride to and from Uni, so it would be nice to be able to play it on the train. So if you can live with the online part and the mapsize, Sim city is a 7/10 game and a "on sale" must buy.

map size blows because you can fill it up in an hour, and the 'simulation' is fake.  You can build nothing but houses and have a successful city. There's no strategy to it, you win every time

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jacanuk

map size blows because you can fill it up in an hour, and the 'simulation' is fake.  You can build nothing but houses and have a successful city. There's no strategy to it, you win every time

wis3boi
You can fill it up within 15mins but if you use the game´s mechanics you don't need to fill a entire map up , its not about having a city with 1, 5 or 10 million. If you want a city like that go play Cities XL But i will grant you that the game is relative dumbed down but that you can thank the mainstream gamer for, people dont want to work for their success today.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 wis3boi

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

Jacanuk

You can fill it up within 15mins but if you use the game´s mechanics you don't need to fill a entire map up , its not about having a city with 1, 5 or 10 million. If you want a city like that go play Cities XL But i will grant you that the game is relative dumbed down but that you can thank the mainstream gamer for, people dont want to work for their success today.

considering the features of Sim City 4, a game from 10 years ago, are more interactive, fleshed out, and has actual choice....then sim city 2013 comeso ut and throws it all away, there's no excuses.

MysteryJ0ker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MysteryJ0ker
Member since 2008 • 98 Posts

I still enjoy it. I haven't played it in over a month though. Overall, I think the game is playable and definitely can hold one's attention for quite some time before moving on.