Sim 2 - MAJOR PROBLEM - NEED SERIOUS HELP

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mobius5010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 mobius5010
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts

I recently got a new Dell computer (Dimension E521)about a month ago. It comes preloaded with Windows Vista and it has an ATI RADEON X1300PRO graphics card.

I've had The Sims 2 game for almost three years (got it September 2004) and it is having a major problem with not being able to load. When I ran a diagnostic, it shows it has compatability issues with Windows Vista. Does anyone know anything about how to solve this issue? I've installed a new driver for my graphics card, I downloaded a patch for the CD (although it really didn't have anything dealing with Vista). So I'm stuck as to what to do. Do future expansion packs have patches for the original Sims 2 or do I have to buy another Sims 2 PC game that would be more compatible with today's softwar technology? If anyone could help me with this I would be very grateful.

I bought the game several years ago and it was a pain to run on my previous computer and now that I have the CPU power to run it effectively, I'm dealing with this issue. I've been waiting over three yearsto play this game in its full gloryand I hit another obstacle once more. Thank you for any help you can give.

D9-THC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 D9-THC
Member since 2007 • 3081 Posts

Try opening up my computer, explore the Sim2 CD, find the setup or install exe, right click and then run and administrator.

If you already have it installed try running the sims2 exe as administrator.

mobius5010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 mobius5010
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts
Never mind - I finally got it work. YAHOO!!!