Should I get into Rift?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chris_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#1 Chris_53
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts

I was on Steam and I noticed this game is now free-to-play. I have never played an MMO before, so I am completely inexperienced with this sort of games.

Questions:

Does this game have a decent community?

How friendly is the game to newcomers?

gt350tsc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By gt350tsc
Member since 2004 • 488 Posts

I played it recent;y when It came to steam free to play. I liked it and it felt like a good alternative to WoW

But I like to quest mostly and do the rifts, Not so much interested in raids but that's just me :)

PS its very easy to end up spending money in there shop, I ended up spending 30$ so be careful lol

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#3  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@Chris_53 said:

I was on Steam and I noticed this game is now free-to-play. I have never played an MMO before, so I am completely inexperienced with this sort of games.

Questions:

Does this game have a decent community?

How friendly is the game to newcomers?

The community imo is a piece of crap, like most f2p. It wasn't that great before. Find a friendly guild and turn off general chat. Not sure how fun it would be right now at lower levels, will be pretty grindy for you. When the game was new and masses of newbies were doing Rifts and invasions it was fun, not sure how much it would be now. It's free so just try it.

Exiled_Paladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 Exiled_Paladin
Member since 2013 • 69 Posts

Yeah the game isn't that populated WOW is still the most populated mmo with 7 million players. Sadly if you wanna good mmorpg starting out I would recommend guild wars 2. it's 40 bucks and there is no monthly.