should i buy this pc or build my own?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shizmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Shizmonke
Member since 2004 • 252 Posts

Ive been looking to build myself a pc for the last couple months. been researching what I was gonna buy. Planned on buying the parts through tigerdirect. my goal was to spend about 2k on it, but yesterday I hit a speedbump. I saw a prebuilt computer on newegg. Heres the link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229192. It's a pretty good deal it seems. I literally couldnt build a comp with those specs for that cheap. That cpu cost 1k alone....

But im skeptical.....

mainly because its a cyperpower pc and ive heard some horror stories, but I am getting it through newegg who is reliable.

So tell me... what do you guys think? should I pull the trigger? or build my own even through I couldnt build a computer with those specs in my budget range for that cheap?

Thx in advance guys.

Avatar image for ChocolateCake10
ChocolateCake10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ChocolateCake10
Member since 2008 • 759 Posts

what you gonna be using it for? that cpu and ram seem a bit overkill

D1zzyCriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 D1zzyCriminal
Member since 2009 • 1839 Posts

I would go pre-build if its a good deal. If anything goes wrong you have a fall back. Plus its ready to go out a box. Self build is good if you have time, patients and will save money in the process.

Shizmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Shizmonke

yeah i guess i forgot to mention what i was gonna use it for. Ill be using it for gaming of course, but im also in college to be a 3d animator. So ill also be using a lot of Maya, photoshop and illustrator.

NLahren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#5 NLahren
Member since 2009 • 1927 Posts
good pc but it would be better to visit cyberpowerpc.com and ibuypower.com to build pc there
Shizmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shizmonke

good pc but it would be better to visit cyberpowerpc.com and ibuypower.com to build pc there NLahren

Ive visted both. if i was to build a pc with these same specs it would cost me a lot more than if i bought this pre-built one on newegg. a comp with almost identical specs on cyberpower is just shy of 3k.

bassman_sound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bassman_sound
Member since 2010 • 71 Posts
what psu does the comp at newegg usereferring to op? also is intergrated sound good enough for highend games?
coochie_kuta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 coochie_kuta
Member since 2003 • 660 Posts
if it has everything you want down to the mobo then why not? had a friend go with a pre build cause it was in the same price range as what he was going to build one for. he got a 64bit processor but a mobo that only accepts 4 gigs ram. haha, so yeah if he has all parts you want, why not.
Montaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Montaya
Member since 2005 • 4269 Posts

$2,000 and it doesnt even have a xFi sound card, how insulting.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
I think you could build one yourself and get bettter specs for a lower price.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
I think you could build one yourself and get bettter specs for a lower price.V4LENT1NE
Impossible... The CPU alone is worth 1k,add the GTX 480 for 500$,12gb of ram for ~400$
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts

[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"]I think you could build one yourself and get bettter specs for a lower price.MonsieurX
Impossible... The CPU alone is worth 1k,add the GTX 480 for 500$,12gb of ram for ~400$

Its not needed though, he could probably go a different route and get dual high end GPU's and go one lower in the CPU department. But it aint a bad deal though, and I am not really good with US figures so ur probably right.

somegtalover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 somegtalover
Member since 2007 • 2700 Posts

build one on your own, here is a start, this processer is amazing and way cheaper. get all the parts on newegg

AMD PHENOM II x6 3.2GHz, thats 300$ for a hexacore!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

build one on your own, here is a start, this processer is amazing and way cheaper. get all the parts on newegg

AMD PHENOM II x6 3.2GHz, thats 300$ for a hexacore!

somegtalover

Unless you find games that fully use the 6 cores,you're better getting an i7 920...

D1zzyCriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 D1zzyCriminal
Member since 2009 • 1839 Posts

The Phenom X6 is a waste of time for games. The way I see it is that PC is a good deal, you probably can get a cheaper PC with compromise but is it worth it?
The entire PC is going to last a long time, the CPU/MOBO/RAM wont need upgrading for some time, its watercooled so you can put what ever graphics card in and overclock its balls off. Plus its a prebuld so you get a guarantee if it dies without the danger of killing it in the building stage.