Should i buy Starcraft 2? (for online play)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

baltim123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 baltim123
Member since 2009 • 223 Posts

hi , my question is fairly simple , should I buy Starcraft 2? and why (not) ?

I have recently watched a lot of starcraft commentaries on online games and i really enjoy that , so i'd like to play some starcraft online myself. i like RTS games (red alert 2 , c&c generals , war3, CoH,DoW...) but i have never really played any online but i'd really love to. Now i'm wondering if i should buy starcraft because i really want to play this online , but i'm kinda scared that i'm going to lose some games and then just loose interest in the game and never play it again because i'm not that good or something like that. Please just post your honest opinions why or why i shouldn't buy this game. Also it'll probably cost me around 50-45€

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts

hi , my question is fairly simple , should I buy Starcraft 2? and why (not) ?

I have recently watched a lot of starcraft commentaries on online games and i really enjoy that , so i'd like to play some starcraft online myself. i like RTS games (red alert 2 , c&c generals , war3, CoH,DoW...) but i have never really played any online but i'd really love to. Now i'm wondering if i should buy starcraft because i really want to play this online , but i'm kinda scared that i'm going to lose some games and then just loose interest in the game and never play it again because i'm not that good or something like that. Please just post your honest opinions why or why i shouldn't buy this game. Also it'll probably cost me around 50-45€

baltim123
Go for it. Overall the system is balanced and will make you fight people around your level of skill. Yes you will probably not win alot at the start as the system start to balance it out.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
You're not going to lose some game, you're going to lose most of your games at first, tenths maybe hundreds till you become great at it, but it all depends if you're having fun playing even when losing, it's a highly competitive game, if you're not prepared to lose I'd say it's not worth it, as for the game itself being worth it, be it sp and/or mp, it's the best RTS yet.
baltim123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 baltim123
Member since 2009 • 223 Posts

thanks for the reactions , alltough i would like some more opinions .

but who am i fooling , i'm probably gonna buy it anyway :P

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#5 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

It's fun, even if you lose. I'm more accustomed to playing custom games though rather than the ranked ones.

For the not so great players, I would find playing in a team for ranked matches to be enjoyable.

sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts

Can't really go wrong with Starcraft 2. It's one of the best games you can get for the PC. Both online and single player are very good.