Should I build my PC now or wait for Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CStheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CStheGreat
Member since 2008 • 705 Posts

I have been waiting since August to build a PC. I kept putting it off with the release of new technology (Snow Leopard, Windows 7, ATI 58XX series, etc.) and I want to build my PC already. However, since I've already waited since August, I'm willing to wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday for some "potentially" good deals to arise.

Anyone with experience from previous Black Friday/Cyber Monday's, were there good deals on PC parts?

zipozal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 zipozal
Member since 2007 • 1809 Posts

Just WAIT, ffs it's not long now and the deals will be sick.

If you decide to buy a 5800 though you can buy that as soon as you can find it in stock, that card isn't going to be discounted on Black Friday.

In fact because supply can't keep up with demand the price of the 5800 cards have gone up.

Keep in mind though on Black Friday you will probably be able to get 4890's for about 150 bucks. 2 of them would be significantly faster than even a 5870 so that might be the better way to go unless you were planning to do an Eyefinity setup.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

What is the Black Friday i keep hearing about every year?

Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts

Daytona_178
I second this. Only this year I've heard of these sales. Apparently they're great, but are only in the states. I've never noticed any decent sales here in Canada around this time of year.
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts
[QUOTE="Daytona_178"]

Lockedge
I second this. Only this year I've heard of these sales. Apparently they're great, but are only in the states. I've never noticed any decent sales here in Canada around this time of year.

Here in the UK i think we only have the January sales after Christmas
GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Daytona_178

Im wondering the same thing, but I'm gonna have a guess and say its something to do with Friday the 13th, which happens to be this week.

As for Cyber Monday, I have no idea, can someone shed some light?

Rundeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Rundeer
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts

Daytona_178
It's a sale that most places have right after Thanksgiving, and you can get crazy awesome deals on most things, if you feel like dealing with a bunch of people in stores.
Slig0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Slig0
Member since 2009 • 2072 Posts

[QUOTE="Lockedge"][QUOTE="Daytona_178"]

Daytona_178

Here in Serbia I am the only one that even has a PC and I had to go through a mafia war even Niko Belic could not imagine to get it... :D

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
[QUOTE="Daytona_178"]

Rundeer
It's a sale that most places have right after Thanksgiving, and you can get crazy awesome deals on most things, if you feel like dealing with a bunch of people in stores.

This and there's Cyber Monday is about the same as Black Friday but online.
Spartan8907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Spartan8907
Member since 2006 • 3731 Posts
Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving when a lot of store put on normally large sales and you can find some really great deals. Cyber Monday is the following Monday when a lot of e-tailers put on some good sales. Its primarily a US thing as far as I know. I'm definitely going to be watching for some good deals on Friday. Do some research and find some sites that show really good deals. I can tell you that Ben's Bargains and Slick Deals are two good sites for that. There also should be a Black Friday site dedicated to showing the sales and many times showing those magazine ads that stores like Target, Best Buy, etc, early. Some googling should prove fruitful.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
I wish there was also one in Canada :(
Avatar image for UltimateGamer95
UltimateGamer95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 UltimateGamer95
Member since 2006 • 4720 Posts

Daytona_178
It's basically the official start of the holiday season and thus it's the biggest shopping day of the year (black friday refers to wall street where black ink on the paper means profits) ;)
UltimateGamer95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 UltimateGamer95
I wish there was also one in Canada :(MonsieurX
Come down for thanksgiving and we'll go shopping together lol :)
UltimateGamer95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 UltimateGamer95

I have been waiting since August to build a PC. I kept putting it off with the release of new technology (Snow Leopard, Windows 7, ATI 58XX series, etc.) and I want to build my PC already. However, since I've already waited since August, I'm willing to wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday for some "potentially" good deals to arise.

Anyone with experience from previous Black Friday/Cyber Monday's, were there good deals on PC parts?

CStheGreat
Yeah there are tons of great deals on ALL PC parts on black friday/cyber monday ;)
Roggirek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Roggirek
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts
Black Friday = National Capitalist Appreciation Day!
simpsons1fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 simpsons1fan
Member since 2005 • 3056 Posts
Whats the actual date of cyber monday/black friday? I still dont even know what day thanksgiving is on.
UltimateGamer95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 UltimateGamer95
Whats the actual date of cyber monday/black friday? I still dont even know what day thanksgiving is on.simpsons1fan
November 26th is thanksgiving, Black friday is November 27th and Cyber monday is November 30th ;)
smc91352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 smc91352
Member since 2009 • 7786 Posts

[QUOTE="Lockedge"][QUOTE="Daytona_178"]

Daytona_178

Don't you guys have Boxing Day?

Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts

[QUOTE="Daytona_178"][QUOTE="Lockedge"] I second this. Only this year I've heard of these sales. Apparently they're great, but are only in the states. I've never noticed any decent sales here in Canada around this time of year.smc91352

Don't you guys have Boxing Day?

Boxing day is like, a month and a half from now(aka: not around this time of year). But even Boxing day blows. I went once, and escaped with minor cuts and bruises, and a copy of Eternal Darkness for $14.99 marked down from $39.99. Not worth it, really.
CStheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CStheGreat
[QUOTE="magicalclick"]HD5870 is really short right now, so no deals. You would be lucky to even get one. If you want to wait, might as well wait for Office 2010 (FREEEEEE). Yupe, if you just want Word and Excel, those are free on the new 2010 editions, both offline and on skydrive online. So, you can install all these for free when you get Win7, Windows Live Essentials (movie maker, Mail, etc), Microsoft Security Essentials (free anti-virus that works), and Office 2010 Basic (Free Word and Excel). Get a complete fresh build with all the free stuff from MS.

Elaborate. The thing is, I work at Best Buy so I get a lot of promotional stuff from Microsoft, Intel, etc. I got Windows 7 Ultimate for free, Microsoft Office Standard for free, and a bunch of other stuff for free. I haven't heard anything about Office 2010 though.
CStheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CStheGreat
Whoa, didn't know about that stuff. Thanks for the info! And yea, I'll probably end up getting it for free if they ever run a promotion for retail employees.