Serious Sam 3-Worth 10euros?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

For the single player campaign that is since i'm not much into multiplayer ( other than BF series and UT series ) ?

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

For the single player campaign that is since i'm not much into multiplayer ( other than BF series and UT series ) ?

adamosmaki

sam 3 is awesome game but its built for co-op and DM.. sp gets rather repetitivem unless your a fan of oldschool shooters..

Lox_Cropek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3 Lox_Cropek
Member since 2008 • 3555 Posts

Yes, the game is awesome. I beat it yesterday (I bought it for U$40)

It's just a little short (took me 13 hours to beat)

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

HEEEEEELLL YEA!

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

The Gamespot score may only be 6. But the user score average is 8.2. This big of a difference typically means a game is substantially better than the reviewer suggests (and suggests that the reviewer is out of touch with what a good game is). I don't want to prejudge, as I just now purchased it myself. But user reviews seem to agree that it is as good as the original encounters, so that is good enough for me. If people are calling this game too short at around 10 hours and for $13, then I hope they are not the same people who would pay $60 for a CoD game, which are even shorter. The original Serious Sam encounters were roughly the same length.

Lox_Cropek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lox_Cropek

The Gamespot score may only be 6. But the user score average is 8.2. This big of a difference typically means a game is substantially better than the reviewer suggests (and suggests that the reviewer is out of touch with what a good game is). I don't want to prejudge, as I just now purchased it myself. But user reviews seem to agree that it is as good as the original encounters, so that is good enough for me. If people are calling this game too short at around 10 hours and for $13, then I hope they are not the same people who would pay $60 for a CoD game, which are even shorter. The original Serious Sam encounters were roughly the same length.

Qixote

Serious Sam is short. CoD is extremely short

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 adamosmaki
BTW i dont really care about review scores since alot of games i enjoyed scored in the 6-7 range. What i wanna know is if it worth it just for the single player? I played Serious Sam 2 and while the single player was ok i wasnt particularly impressed by it. Is SS3 single player better ?
dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

I'm willing to wait until it is under £5.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts
I picked it up a few days ago for $13 and I think it's well worth that price. I've been playing the singleplayer and damn it'll get your heart pumping! I like how oldschool it feels so it's a nice trip back to memory lane, while retaining a modern look. The multiplayer is fun to, it gets nutty as hell!
MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MythPro1
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts
Picked it up on Steam the other day for $10 and I am absolutely loving it! Great game and it appeals to my run-and-gun urges. I like to beat the game first by myself though before I play co-op. I feel rushed when I play with other people. I like to experience everything before I do so.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 adamosmaki
ok everyone thanks i bought the game ( since i like old school games and looks like the SP is a bit better than SS2 )
MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MythPro1
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts
ok everyone thanks i bought the game ( since i like old school games and looks like the SP is a bit better than SS2 )adamosmaki
A lot of things are better than SS2! :D It's the weakest out of all of them.
Lox_Cropek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lox_Cropek

Picked it up on Steam the other day for $10 and I am absolutely loving it! Great game and it appeals to my run-and-gun urges. I like to beat the game first by myself though before I play co-op. I feel rushed when I play with other people. I like to experience everything before I do so. MythPro1
Haha, same here. Can't get myself to play co-op. I play all my games so slowly compared to others

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

16 player co-op :D

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
DAMN TC, where did you find it for that price!???? and how long will it be on sale??
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 slvrraven9

16 player co-op :D

Cwagmire21

from what ive seen of the game.....thats not enough!

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 adamosmaki
DAMN TC, where did you find it for that price!???? and how long will it be on sale??slvrraven9
Its on sale on steam
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
16 player COOP with hordes of enemies on the screen, is this even a legitimate question?
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Cwagmire21

16 player COOP with hordes of enemies on the screen, is this even a legitimate question?Zubinen

I played a little bit of survival mode and I completely suck at this game, but it's so much fun! I want to play the HD Second Encounter before SS3, but at the moment I'm playing Fallout 3 so who knows when I'll get back around to some SS. :(

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ionusX

[QUOTE="Zubinen"]16 player COOP with hordes of enemies on the screen, is this even a legitimate question?Cwagmire21

I played a little bit of survival mode and I completely suck at this game, but it's so much fun! I want to play the HD Second Encounter before SS3, but at the moment I'm playing Fallout 3 so who knows when I'll get back around to some SS. :(

TSE can be completed in co-op in a couple of hours

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cwagmire21

[QUOTE="Cwagmire21"]

[QUOTE="Zubinen"]16 player COOP with hordes of enemies on the screen, is this even a legitimate question?ionusX

Hmmm, well it took me about 7 hours to beat TFE. I'm rusty on my old school shooters as you can see. :P

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 slvrraven9
i wish i could get this game....among others but sadly i wont have any cash till the sale is over
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 slvrraven9

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="Cwagmire21"]

Cwagmire21

Hmmm, well it took me about 7 hours to beat TFE. I'm rusty on my old school shooters as you can see. :P

ive got about 2 hours soaked up into TFE and man they are giving me grief! i love the coop however!

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ionusX

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="Cwagmire21"]

Cwagmire21

you can beat it in a couple of hours simply go lowest difficulty then load up the last level (full elvel select in co-op).. find a buddy and enjoy.. idk if they fixed the exploits but i managed to exploit the end so i actually never had to face the last big monester rush or the last boss face-to-face (no cheating just an exploit)

ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
It's definitively worth it.
VeryBumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 VeryBumpy
Member since 2008 • 1718 Posts

Great game, its an old school shooter done right in a pretty new PC engine!!!

destinyDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 destinyDemon
Member since 2008 • 603 Posts

this game = insanity! seriously these secrets are getting on my nerves i can barely find any of them

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11785 Posts

How well does this game run, maxed out at 1080p, the system recommended requirements for this game are insanely high. Prolly gonna save this game for a year or so from now, get it real cheap, and play it on my new rig.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Cwagmire21

this game = insanity! seriously these secrets are getting on my nerves i can barely find any of them

destinyDemon
If SS3 is anything like TFE, the secrets are definitely hidden well. I found a few on my first playthrough and I found none of the secret levels. :(

How well does this game run, maxed out at 1080p, the system recommended requirements for this game are insanely high. Prolly gonna save this game for a year or so from now, get it real cheap, and play it on my new rig.

Lach0121
It runs really good on my PC. Tons of enemies on the screen, but I'm still getting 50-60 (I use Vsync).
Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

Update since my post after buying the game on sale. I am very happy with this game. My PC is over 4 years old (think Crysis build) with an "outdated" 8800gtx, and this game is running smoothly with most settings on high and ultra. I just disable stuff like bloom, SSAO, and motion blur, which I don't like in games anyway. And this does not feel consolized in anyway. Croteam did a good job going back to PC roots with this, and many things are customizable.

As for the game itself, the first levels aren't so great, but it gradually gets better. I think I am about halfway through, with 5 levels complete. The action is just as intense as the first two encounters. This is way better than Serious Sam 2. The jury still is out whether it is good as FE and SE, but it definitely is close. I still don't think the hoards of enemies are quite as massive on screen at once, but it still manages to stay just as intense.