See you guys, it's been fun.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

Just wanted to say bye to you guys. This has been a good board for a long time and I have enjoyed many a conversations and debates. I just don't care for gamespot like I used to. To me personally they have leaned way too far into the social issues with their articles and concentrate less on games...but that's another topic all together. The sites just not for me anymore and so I have decide to move on.

So thanks for the good times and take care.

Lu_Bu01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Lu_Bu01
Member since 2005 • 13551 Posts

take care

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BSC14

@Bumblebee1138 said:

Get outta here. We hate ya.

All my fans coming out to say goodbye.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I can understand the frustration.... After that whole Tom McShea redoing the Bioshock review you can tell they just trying to get people stirred up.... Then they act like they don't like it over the whole Feedbackula deal............

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BSC14

@Arthas045 said:

I can understand the frustration.... After that whole Tom McShea redoing the Bioshock review you can tell they just trying to get people stirred up.... Then they act like they don't like it over the whole Feedbackula deal............

I just get tired of seeing articles about things like religion, how muslims are stereotyped, women being treated unfairly or stereotyped, gay this and that, sex in games.....all that kinds of stuff. With the females being treated unfairly thing constantly popping up on the front page it really shows that these people writing these things have an axe to grind. Agree with them or not I don't come here for that...I come for game news. I don't care what their personal hang-up are and I think it's unprofessional to constantly write about it on a public game site.

But hey, that's just my opinion and I don't have to come here so after today I'm not. :)

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

No doubt about it: the forum is constantly a shadow of what it used to be. Most people who have been here a long time will tell you that it has been a steadily declining slope in forum quality/design.

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#13  Edited By SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

Yeah, I'm leaving as well; I survived the Gerstmann debacle when GameSpot took a severe credibility blow. From then on review quality has been in decline and now it's basically something of a gaming tabloid with focus on making comment shitstorms and dreck feedback shows rather than actual game coverage. Enjoy the new politically correct shocking GameSpot with non-existent integrity.

Props to Van Ord for having competent, fearless reviews all the way through.

I enjoyed some discussions around here, this is the best board on GS, although most of the bickering here made me frown. Godspeed.

Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#15 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts

@MacBoomStick said:

@BSC14 said:

@MacBoomStick said:

Good-bye and good riddance. Get the hell out.

wow...what's that for?

I thought you were leaving? What are you still doing here?

Well, now you have another reason to leave, rude community. lol

dzaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#17 dzaric
Member since 2003 • 1068 Posts
Loading Video...

Bumblebee1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Bumblebee1138
Member since 2010 • 292 Posts

My comment was deleted. HA! What's the matter? Can't handle a ****** foul word?

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#19 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts

@BSC14 said:

Just wanted to say bye to you guys. This has been a good board for a long time and I have enjoyed many a conversations and debates. I just don't care for gamespot like I used to. To me personally they have leaned way too far into the social issues with their articles and concentrate less on games...but that's another topic all together. The sites just not for me anymore and so I have decide to move on.

So thanks for the good times and take care.

i'll miss you man :( i'm right there with you. this site is becoming something other than a gaming site.

the passion is completely gone; it's become strictly a job for reviewers to generate ad revenue, a vessel for personal agendas as seen in the news section, and now has a lifeless and overly strict forum that will suffocate the community (as if that hasn't been happening already). in other words, its basically going the kotaku/polygon route.

we can't watch videos if we have adblock, now. also, the really interesting decision to discontinue paid memberships that got rid of ads is fishy. yet another medium that tries to jam ads down my throat. no thanks. the reason why people have adblock is because ads are getting progressively more intrusive. and the fact that the content isn't even worth the time anymore is a joke.

i'm sorry but i'm not getting my screen cluttered with annoying ads to navigate to a video with a 30 second ad that i'm forced to sit through just to get to a video that tells me that some game is artificially sexist. deuces.

Avatar image for The_Animator420
The_Animator420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#20 The_Animator420
Member since 2013 • 262 Posts

The most difficult part of these new forums for me, personally, is being unable to distinguish between threads that have new posts for me to view, and threads that I have already read through.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#21  Edited By Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

No doubt about it: the forum is constantly a shadow of what it used to be. Most people who have been here a long time will tell you that it has been a steadily declining slope in forum quality/design.

This. And it has lead to the departure of many good posters. I always enjoyed your threads BSC14, and discussions. I understand you wanting to leave and have fun wherever you go!