Saitek Cyborg Joysticks...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

metal_teddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 metal_teddy
Member since 2005 • 384 Posts

Hey guys,

I've decided to buy a Joystick, mainly for flying in Battlefield 2.

It was suggested that I buy one of the Saitek Cyborg Joysticks. What do you guys know about these?

Which model should I buy, are they sturdy, etc.

Any helpfull tips would be great, and also... Does anyone know where in Australia they can be purchased and a rough $AUD price?

Thanks.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts
i play flight sims like IL-2 ect and have been useing a cyborg for a couple of years. thay are very good for the mony and so far durable. plenty of buttons and the twist stick is great because it does not force you to buy peddles. of the cheaper sticks on the market it is probly the best.
bogaty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 bogaty
Member since 2003 • 4750 Posts
Get the Cyborg Evo Force.  Once you've tried a force feedback stick, you can't go back.
Virus214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Virus214
Member since 2007 • 2052 Posts

Get the Cyborg Evo Force. Once you've tried a force feedback stick, you can't go back.bogaty

i went back... i have the Cyborg evo. and i love it.. force feedback is nice.. but overrated.

seeddrmmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 seeddrmmr
Member since 2005 • 339 Posts
Logitech extreme 3d pro. Newegg. 29 bucks. I bought mine just for Battlefield, also. Has plenty of buttons plus twist handle. You'll be unstoppable in a j-10. And you'll run faster and jump higher in real life, too.
metal_teddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 metal_teddy

Logitech extreme 3d pro. Newegg. 29 bucks. I bought mine just for Battlefield, also. Has plenty of buttons plus twist handle. You'll be unstoppable in a j-10. And you'll run faster and jump higher in real life, too.seeddrmmr

Ha ha ha.
Yeah Even with a keyboard and mouse I can fly a J - 10. I'm A FREAK!...
Yeah, I wanna be as pro as some of the people I see around.
I had a look at some of the stuff on the Force, but it looks a little... well... stupid.
How can you fly properly with force feedback wooping your hands? 

bogaty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 bogaty
Member since 2003 • 4750 Posts
Well, for arcadish games like BF2, force feedback won't offer much other than a bit more immersion.  If you get into hardcore sims like IL-2, Falcon 4.0 AF, Armed Assault, GTR 2, or even space sims like X3, the force feedback will greatly enhance your flying abilities as you'll be able to feel the controls get mushy at the top of a loop, turn to cement due to compressability at high speed, shudder when a wing is on the verge of stalling out, exert downward pressue when ground effect kicks in, and a host of other things.  It's great.
metal_teddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 metal_teddy
Well thanks guys, let me just say... I got my Saitek Cyborg Evo Wireless the other day, and I've been flying in BF2 flawlessly. If your thinking of getting a Joystick, I give a 100% recommendation for the Saitek Cyborg to you.
DrDoomed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DrDoomed
Member since 2003 • 11386 Posts
Can't u get a cheap joypad with joysticks attached on it. the joysticks work just like the real thing. It's alot cheaper than a big clunky uber stick. and when u are finished playing BF2 u can use it for a ton of other games out there that are more fun playing with a joypad(console type games for example).