Saints Row the Third's PC version is not a port

This topic is locked from further discussion.

killzonexbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 killzonexbox
Member since 2010 • 3019 Posts

am Clay for @XG247 writes: PC fans of Saints Row rejoice! Your version of Saint's Row: The Third is not a port, it's built from the ground up as a PC game!

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
Oh that is great!!! I'll be looking into this..
killzonexbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 killzonexbox
Member since 2010 • 3019 Posts

all games are made, edited, scripted, mo-capped, coded, built-in light engines, shadow layout, level layout, ai scripted...EVERYTHING...

is done on a PC then PORTED to console

EVEN KILLZONE 3 is made on pc, THEN PORTED to the ps3

There are no console to pc ports
only pc to console ports

think logically and for yourselves, sure there are dev-kits, those are just proprietary software, for security purposes at the early/new stages of a console gen, it is just a form of software encryption

Remember, PC is the father of all your little games, it is the space in which games are born, it is the progenitor of your entertainment, it is your benefactor and your savior

PC
PC
PC

"BOW YOUR HEAD!!"

I didnt write this..

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
That's how it should be done. Kudos Volition.
simardbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 simardbrad
Member since 2004 • 2355 Posts

I'm actually glad because Saint's Row 2 was super fun, but it just ran like absolute garbage. SR2 was definetly more fun and had more things to do over GTA 4 for sure... definetly going to get Saint's Row 3 when it comes out (well I wanna try the demo first to make sure it does run and volition isn't just yanking our chains).

jsh020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jsh020
Member since 2010 • 1168 Posts

ehhh im kinda disapointed in volition over this game, looks like a gigantic step back from the new red factions.

darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
Yea.. I don't believe it. No they are not lying, but devs always twist the facts.
Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

ehhh im kinda disapointed in volition over this game, looks like a gigantic step back from the new red factions.

jsh020

Saints Row 2 was better than either of the new Red Faction games. I don't get your point.

Blade8Aus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Blade8Aus
Member since 2006 • 1819 Posts

I might buy it if it's cheap then.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Which is great news. SR2 on the other hand is the worst port I can think of, in all my history of gaming.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 skrat_01

[QUOTE="jsh020"]

Crypt_mx

Saints Row 2 was better than either of the new Red Faction games. I don't get your point.

RF:G was a brilliant game.
Kaelken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kaelken
Member since 2007 • 531 Posts

As one of my clever friend's pointed out -- there are no PC ports, you don't code xbox games on an xbox, do you ? Everything is coded on a PC, always

I still haven't forgiven them for not fixing the driving in Saint's Row 2 but I will give their game a chance

edit

/ps

Saint's Row 2 could easily have dominated GTA IV if they hadn't been so lazy

DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

Which is great news. SR2 on the other hand is the worst port I can think of, in all my history of gaming.skrat_01

Then you've never played GTA IV i presume?

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

[QUOTE="Crypt_mx"]

[QUOTE="jsh020"]

skrat_01

RF:G was a brilliant game.

Decent at best

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#15 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts
I'll believe it when I see. I've been interested in buying SR2 for a long time, but held off because of all the horror stories of its bugs.
Ulifuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ulifuz
Member since 2011 • 35 Posts

Just make the car control better and the game will be perfect.

Jane_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Jane_22
Member since 2011 • 678 Posts

all games are made, edited, scripted, mo-capped, coded, built-in light engines, shadow layout, level layout, ai scripted...EVERYTHING...

only pc to console ports

think logically and for yourselves, sure there are dev-kits, those are just proprietary software, for security purposes at the early/new stages of a console gen, it is just a form of software encryption

Remember, PC is the father of all your little games, it is the space in which games are born, it is the progenitor of your entertainment, it is your benefactor and your savior

PC
PC
PC

"BOW YOUR HEAD!!"

I didnt write this..

killzonexbox

This post made me lol :P but what he says true. :D

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

As one of my clever friend's pointed out -- there are no PC ports, you don't code xbox games on an xbox, do you ? Everything is coded on a PC, always

I still haven't forgiven them for not fixing the driving in Saint's Row 2 but I will give their game a chance

edit

/ps

Kaelken
um, yes there is such a thing as a console port. It is true that the games are made on a computer, but they are made to play on a console engine which the PC can't run. Therefore even though the game was made on the PC, then engine it was made with wouldn't work for a PC.
menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

only pc to console ports

PC
PC
PC

"BOW YOUR HEAD!!"

I didnt write this..

killzonexbox

Ummm no. Does that mean all cell phone apps are really PC apps too?

Written for the PC from the ground up means taking advantage of larger memory, more powerful GPU's and built with a KB/M in mind.

Written for the Console means making it work on less memory, different architectures (like the PS3 SPU's), streaming and built with a gamepad in mind.

It has absolutely nothing to do with what system the game is develooped on.

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Which is great news. SR2 on the other hand is the worst port I can think of, in all my history of gaming.DoomZaW

I was able to play GTA IV at 45-50 FPS at 1920*1080 resolution. I couldn't even get SR2 to run above 30 FPS at any settings.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 skrat_01

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Which is great news. SR2 on the other hand is the worst port I can think of, in all my history of gaming.DoomZaW

Course, own it on the 360 and PC. Those run, the SR2 doesn't without constant stuttering during area streaming - which I've tried on two separate computers.

Decent at best

spookykid143
Say what you will, but it's rare to have an open world action game that well designed and executed (despite its faults).
Max_Payne2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 Max_Payne2011
Member since 2011 • 67 Posts

Great Work, not like the lazy asses at Rockstar

nesproc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nesproc
Member since 2011 • 190 Posts

ya always been a fan of gta seriers.... SR1 didn't like as much as SR2 and my only complaint was how much of a console game it was on the pc ... if sr3 pc version isn't going to be a port i will probablty buy it(depending on when/what else is released)

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#24 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Excellent news like this will make me get that version instead.

Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
HaloinventedFPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HaloinventedFPS
Member since 2010 • 4738 Posts

ill buy it day one if its a good port

DX11 would be nice aswell

i loved saints row 2 on 360, very fun game, better then GTA4

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#26 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

only pc to console ports

PC
PC
PC

"BOW YOUR HEAD!!"

I didnt write this..

killzonexbox

You're missing one thing. Yes, indeed, it's created on a PC, but it's restricted by the console's hardware. Now, bow to that. ;)

gt350tsc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gt350tsc
Member since 2004 • 488 Posts

This gives me a really good feeling about this game. I hope it turns out epic.

This brings up a question is saints row 2 worth picking up on steam. I played it alittle bit on the xbox 360 but that was only rental and I didn't quite have the pc I have now back then. Which runs GTA4 quite well at almost all high settings.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts

I'm actually glad because Saint's Row 2 was super fun, but it just ran like absolute garbage. SR2 was definetly more fun and had more things to do over GTA 4 for sure... definetly going to get Saint's Row 3 when it comes out (well I wanna try the demo first to make sure it does run and volition isn't just yanking our chains).

simardbrad
SR2 runs absolutely fine on modern hardware. I played the steam version about 4 months ago.
Walincas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Walincas
Member since 2006 • 511 Posts

only pc to console ports

PC
PC
PC

"BOW YOUR HEAD!!"

I didnt write this..

killzonexbox

Good writing Sir, I salute you!

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#30 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Speaking of which, I still have to finish Saints Row 2!

axething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 axething
Member since 2009 • 59 Posts

edit

/ps

Kaelken
All games are built ON computers, but not all are built FOR computers. Some games are optimized for the OS that consoles use, therefore making the game run better and smoother and whatever on xbox or PS3. SR2 was an example of this. That's why, when it got ported to PC, it sucked D: Now they're (claiming that they are) going to build it for PC first, then port it out, making the PC version better and more optimized. But yes, I'm not going to get my hopes up...I'll play the demo before I buy SR3
koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
Great to see they learned from their mistakes, can't wait to try the game out. I wish Rockstar followed the same path, its really lame of them not releasing Red Dead for PC.
brent0007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 brent0007
Member since 2006 • 30 Posts

If the games menus are anything like the menu from the character creator demo, its UI is most definately a console port.

samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

Some of the derpiest things in existence are being written in this thread.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

If the games menus are anything like the menu from the character creator demo, its UI is most definately a console port.

brent0007
There's a difference between console port and having console like features. Learn them.
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
Say what you will, but it's rare to have an open world action game that well designed and executed (despite its faults).skrat_01
It's a steroid pumped bully in terms of gameplay as I'd say. I mean what other game has a song dedicated specifically to its gameplay(not story)?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcUBI-YVRY8 Plus some of the mods were pretty neat: www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYkzJ5b34uk&hd=1 Anyway I've already said this a long time ago, Volition, Inc. decided they would make their PC versions in-house since they began development on Red Faction 4: Armageddon, and it's no surprise its PC version is one of the most well optimized games released in recent years.
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

Huh?! GTAIV was quite good by comparison.

Not only is the performance horrible, but SR2 doesn't even run at the right speed. For me, everything was happening like 50% faster than normal.. I don't think I've ever seen such a horrible port.

DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

only pc to console ports

PC
PC
PC

"BOW YOUR HEAD!!"

I didnt write this..

killzonexbox

In your little rant there PC is the bedroom, not the father (you even say "it is the space in which games are born"). Porting isn't simply "copy/paste" onto another system, porting refers to the system it was built FOR. And most "console" games are developed and optimised to run on consoles. That's like saying if you make an F1 car out in a forest it will be an excellent off-road vehicle.

nesproc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nesproc
Member since 2011 • 190 Posts

5 months ago i was more hyped about this game then i am now.... between the "40 weeks of dlcs" planned before the game was even completed(if histroy is anything they cut original content to sell it to us)(they didn't start the DLC planning AFTER completion)... the lack of "PC info in the comming weeks" they promissed back in may it's now 3 weeks from release day and the only "pc info" is a singlepicture and them saying "we told you it's not a port" ... with SR2 bitter taste in the mouth i think PC users desvere more then a picture...they want us to trust them... but have done nothing to us PC users to make us trust them.... give us a horrid PC port... (fanboys blame it on CD PROJECT all you want but THQ(volitions masters) had final say ... they APPROVED it ... THEY released it ... personally i'm shelving my hype on this one for a CE/SE/GOTYED. with all the DLCs included... to me they don't seem very good at keeping their word....

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll197/theslothbear/Blog/eyefinitysr3.jpg

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/08/thq-ceo-talks-up-cloud-gaming-plans-40-weeks-of-saints-row-3-dl/

http://www.destructoid.com/saints-row-the-third-to-get-40-weeks-of-dlc-210977.phtml

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/716184/saints-row-3-dlc-40-weeks-of-additions-planned/

***EDIT i've been gaming a long time.... with out a doubt in my mind.... this is the most WHORED OUT game i have come across in my lifetime of gaming(selling RL/In game items).... to be totally honest to the point where if it were just in game... i would think they were making a funny statement in line with the humor of the series...but because they are seriously doing it ... it's more of a sad sellout...