Saints Row 3 FULL or Bioshock 1&2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zaxrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 zaxrider
Member since 2011 • 123 Posts

Got a 10 EUR budget remaining, which one of those would you recommend? Or is there possibly something else worthwhile?

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

Bioshock 1&2 easily, no argument.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
SR 3 hands down. Bioshock's demo contains all that is good about the game, its introduction and 2 is just average.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

If you have any interest in a unique FPS, with an immersive setting, great story, loads of replayability, and unique combat, and you haven't played Bioshock yet, get them. Get them and play them both and then be hyped for Bioshock Infinite next year.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

only played Bioshock 1 (just bought SR3 and have not played it yet) and judging by it, go with SR3. I personally find Bioshock incredibly boring.

rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rhazzy
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

You can't go wrong with either of them...Just close your eyes and pick point one :P

Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts
If you have someone to play coop with, Saints Row; if you're looking for an amazing single player experience, Bioshock.
zaxrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 zaxrider
Member since 2011 • 123 Posts

I'd like to add that I've already played Saints Row 3 and finished it, back at the release time = no DLC. It was fun but I'm not a very replay-friendly person (may be an exception though). Therefore I'd like to ask - how much new content do the DLCs add (since there's like 16 of those)?

STAR_Admiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 STAR_Admiral
Member since 2006 • 1119 Posts

I'd like to add that I've already played Saints Row 3 and finished it, back at the release time = no DLC. It was fun but I'm not a very replay-friendly person (may be an exception though). Therefore I'd like to ask - how much new content do the DLCs add (since there's like 16 of those)?

zaxrider
Most of the DLCs are just cosmetic stuff and vehicles. Only genki bowl adds a few missions. probably not worth the price of buying the whole package.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

zaxrider
NOW... you say that.. :P Bioshock 1 and 2 then.. easy pick since you already played SR3.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="zaxrider"]

Elann2008

NOW... you say that.. :P Bioshock 1 and 2 then.. easy pick since you already played SR3.

bleh. It feels repetitive and everything looks like its covered in icing :P. Loved the opening, then it gets dull.

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

I've tried to play Bioshock in the past, the game is just to boring. SR3 is hillarious i enjoyed every minute of it.:lol:

Although i did just buy Bioshock 1,2 ill shall try em again!

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#13 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Bioshock. What a great series.
bloodling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 bloodling
Member since 2006 • 5822 Posts

Bioshock games are great, I love the atmosphere and the artistic design. The game is very immersive, the audio diaries are excellent, the story is decent even though some people might not find it overly exciting. I wouldn't say that it has lots of replay value, but it's good to go back to it once every few years.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
What do you want? Open world GTAish wacky, or two quite good story driven shooters?
nilzg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nilzg
Member since 2008 • 753 Posts
all 3 games are great but I'd say Bioshock is the best (the first one for that matter)
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

I've played all three. Bioshock 1 was great fun with a great story that shouldn't be missed. Bioshock 2 improved on the gameplay but I found the story to be pretty lame. Saints Row 3 was a lot of fun to play. I didn't get any of the DLC. I was turned off by how many there were and from what I heard they were overpriced for the content they provided. The base games of all three are good choices though.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts

zaxrider
are you kidding? Most of the DLC stuff is entirely cosmetic. Only 1 or 2 of the DLCs have any substance to them at all. You should definitely get BS1 and BS2.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="zaxrider"]

bonafidetk
are you kidding? Most of the DLC stuff is entirely cosmetic. Only 1 or 2 of the DLCs have any substance to them at all. You should definitely get BS1 and BS2.

True but the vehicles are fun to use lol.
EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts

zaxrider
IMO only DLC really worth having are the 3 big ones (Genkei Bowl, Gangstas In Space, Trouble with the Clones) and the Shark Attack Pack since the Shark Gun is awesome. But since you have already beat the game, I would recommend Bioshock and Bioshock 2
Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#22 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

You'll get far more meaning and interest out of BioShock 1 and 2. Saints Row has always seemed like a game to play when you've got too much time on your hands...

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#23 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

If you have a friend willing to buy it, Saints Row 3. It's fun alone, but with a friend it is just one of the most riotous fun times out there.

Alone, I'd go for Bioshock, I disliked the second but the first is a damn work of art.

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#24 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

If you already played Saints Row 3, then go for BioShock.

PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
Tough one. Comes down to preference really. Bioshock is a GREAT fps, Saints Row 3 has huge replayability and is a lot of fun aswell. You can't go wrong with either imo.