This topic is locked from further discussion.

kirk4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kirk4ever
Member since 2005 • 3543 Posts
hey..its been long time since i played these kinda games..is there any new good looking RTS game that you progress from caveman to i dunno the years 4000 ?
kirk4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kirk4ever
bump :(
Ahurigaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ahurigaan
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts

is there any new good looking RTS game that you progress from caveman to i dunno the years 4000 ? kirk4ever

Only games I can think of that progress from the"caveman" ages to the far future would be the Empire Earth series, there is Empire Earth III that came out a while back but I hear it sucked, Empire Earth II isnt as bad, but honestly Ive only played the first Empire Earth.

Stay away from Empire Earth III, I dont think it will be worth it, the only good rts games out are the Age of Empires 3 games, and the Medieval 2 Total War and expansions, but unfortunately they only focus on one point in history, Im afraid, but still good games.

heres a list of the best RTS's out right(subjective of course)

Age of Empires 3 - Focus on the Colonial Era, full RTS.

Medieval II Total War - Focus on the Middle Ages, Turn-based/RTS hybrid.

Universe at War- Scifi RTS.

Supreme Commander - Scifi RTS with a Massive Scope.

The Empire Earth series seems to have been the onlygame to encompass all of history besides Empires.

Avatar image for saturnsport2000
saturnsport2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 saturnsport2000
Member since 2003 • 1278 Posts
You forgot about the Warhammer 40,000: DoW and its two soon to be three expansions, Civilization IV, Galactic Civilizations 2. These are some of the best ones as well.
Ahurigaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ahurigaan
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts

You forgot about the Warhammer 40,000: DoW and its two soon to be three expansions, Civilization IV, Galactic Civilizations 2. These are some of the best ones as well.saturnsport2000

Yeah I knew I was forgetting something, cant beleive I forgot Dawn of War, but Civilization and Galactic Civilizations 2 are turn-based, might not be what the OP is looking for.

Civilization encompasses all of history, but it is a turn-based game, only other game besides Empire Earth to progress from the prehistoric age to the future.

Warhammer 40K is one of the greatest RTS's of the decade, but its focused on the future 40,000 years from now, so Unless your into scifi that might not be what your looking for.

Galactic Civilizations II is a scifi game, fun, but turn-based.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Rise of Nations, it's quite old but still nice.
sammilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sammilo
Member since 2006 • 127 Posts

Lord of the rings Battle for middle earth 2 & Rise of the Witchking.The history of Middle Earth.

RazorGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 RazorGR
Member since 2005 • 1605 Posts

Try Empire Earth 1 and 2. EE1 is one my favourite RTS games of all time. If you can get past the dated graphics (they're not too bad as long as you don't zoom in too much), I think you'll like it. I didn't like EE2 much but you might want to give that one a shot as well.

Most other RTS games focus on specific time periods but I still recommend you try Age of Mythology. Truly unique and enjoyable RTS with the best campaign story I've ever seen in a strategy game. If you don't mind the Mythological theme you should definitely check it out!

kirk4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kirk4ever
kkk tnx every1..NOW i wanna get warhammer 40k...so how many expansion and stuff does it have??
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
DoW has 2 expansions so far but you can buy it all in a pack.
Pablo_SL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Pablo_SL
Member since 2007 • 93 Posts
Age of empires 3, Total war, Empire earth (the first one is the best), and if you want classics try Dawn of war, age of empires II, rise of nations...
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
DoW shouldnt be classed as a classic just yet... a new expansion is coming out next year. o ya if you are gona buy DoW get the new expansion cause you get all of the teams and dont have to pay for the other 3 games.