Romance RPG Games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

portbobcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 portbobcat
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Hi Me and my girlfriend have just played Vampire The Bloodlines Masquerade, and we thought, to be frank, it rocked. We were wondering if there was any games similar to it, but, as she's screaming in my ear right now, with more ROMANCE!!!!111121212111 She's looking for something like it anyways, with romance. Could you guys recommend any good games for the pc that has elements such as being a vampire, romance and the ability to play as a woman (STOP SCREAMING WOMAN). Help would be appreciated as my fail google searches return nothing. Thanks. :)
shogoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 shogoh
Member since 2003 • 571 Posts

Try Mass Effect. There is also romance in Baldur's Gate II.

Lemonio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lemonio
Member since 2006 • 513 Posts

mass effect, kotor, nwn2 and witcher all have varying degrees of it, but honestly..., no games have any real romance

its just kinda on the side

if you're looking for romance in videogames you're looking in the wrong place

parasitesingle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 parasitesingle
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts
Mass Effect and The Witcher both feature... interpretations of romance. Most romance in computer games is pretty juvenile. I can't think of any games that feature genuinely great romances.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b5d7639964d6
deactivated-5b5d7639964d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5b5d7639964d6
Member since 2008 • 8225 Posts

Humm... Rise of the Argonauts has a romantic plotline, but the game isn't that good, so I hear.

portbobcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 portbobcat
Thank you for the help guys. It's not really got my girlfriend off my back, but I'm sure she believes me when I said there was few games with romance in it. Thanks again! :)
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#7 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Try The Witcher,Final Fantasy7 or The Last Remnant bud!

Thats awesome your lady plays rpgs with ya ;)

NatalieGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NatalieGamer
Member since 2006 • 60 Posts

The best romances are in the final fantasy series. Tell her to play ff7 or ff8. I'm sure she'd love them.:DI did, and few games out there have ever reached the emotional content and romance of the ff series.

h1dd3n5had0w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 h1dd3n5had0w
Member since 2005 • 2141 Posts

Perhaps The Sims 2? Yeah...its not really an rpg but females do tend to like the game. Heck...I like the game too(mainly in the construction side), I'll admit that. You got your romance side and some stats you can upgrade such as speech or fitness (so its somewhat like an rpg). The Sims 3 is coming out soon, but you can pick up part 2 for a real cheap price. I got my copy along with the nightlife expansion for $5.

jon2jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jon2jon
Member since 2008 • 409 Posts

^and i'm pretty sure nightlife lets you be a vampire.

teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

speaking of romance in CRPG, no game comes close to Baldur's Gate 2, and its various NPC and ramance mods. but I guess this kind of 2d, texty antique should just be forgotten completely.

portbobcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 portbobcat
Thanks people. :) My girlfriend knows about the sims 2. KNOWS THE SIMS 2. She has every Sims game, 1 and 2, a likely to continue the tradtion onto the Sims 3. :( I will deffos check these suggestions out and thanks again! :D
johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts
all the H-stuff from japan oh wait that's not what u wanted oh well :P
Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

The latest Prince of Persia game. Also Prince of Persia the Sands of Time.

Oops, sorry I just realized you said RPG. Anyway, if your interested in any type games with some romances, PoP has it.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
LEISURE SUIT LARRY A different "kind" of romance though.... :)
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts

speaking of romance in CRPG, no game comes close to Baldur's Gate 2, and its various NPC and ramance mods. but I guess this kind of 2d, texty antique should just be forgotten completely.

teardropmina
The relationship between Minsc and Boo had me in tears, anyways.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="teardropmina"]

TheCrazed420

I remember....but u mean Boo the Mouse? wasn't it Bubu? Anyway...BG I believe even had a side quest that you could marry someone and buy your own castle.... I never did that cause I was EVIL EVIL EVIL
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="teardropmina"]

TheCrazed420

Also...I see ur a Witcher Fan. To tell you the truth...I installed Witcher 3 times and uninstalled cause I could not get into it....mostly cause of the controls. I gave it 1 more go a few weeks back...and I'm into it now, mainly cause I'm using the 3rd person camera up close behind Geraldt.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
Mass Effect is a great example. The romance story arc is really the only part of the game that interested me, and the rest of the game was an anti-climax in comparison (no pun intended :D )
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
Lol, the relationship between Minsc and Boo, "yeh that was epic romance" between a big dumb nut and a hamster. Romantic RPGs on PC?...LOL! I don't think there has ever been one like that, the sims and leisure suit larry are the closest things. Lol, and they are definitely not RPGs. Mass effect did have a romantic scene in it but it was crap, the Witcher has love scenes but I would hardly call them romantic its more yeh door mat lust, you talk to them and they wanna spend the night together. Lol, Seriously PC games don't have that much romance in them or more the quality of the romance sucks to be exact. But yeh you might as well go with the Witcher if any of those games. But check it on Youtube or watch some trailers before you buy it though, just so you know what your buying.
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 stike22
Actually KOTOR2 (Knight of the Old Republic) you might want to check that out, its not romance exactly even though there are love interests, its more relationships between you and you party as the story goes on and its an RPG which lets you customise your character and you can be either gender. Its similar to Mass Effect in a way because its made by the same people but I would say KOTOR2 is better but thats just IMO. I still say go for the Witcher but if you aren't sure about the Witchers gameplay then check KOTOR2 on Youtube.
Gamerz1569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gamerz1569
Member since 2008 • 2087 Posts

Mass Effect, KOTOR (The romance here is quite entertaining, KOTOR 2 (not as deep as KOTOR 1 though probably because Obsidian wsa rushed for a release date), Fallout 2 had somewaht of a romance.

The Witcher isn't romance its more of promiscuity (not sure about the spelling) its was more of **** every girl you can. The closest you can get to a romance there is with Shani and Triss

stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 stike22
[QUOTE="Gamerz1569"]

Mass Effect, KOTOR (The romance here is quite entertaining, KOTOR 2 (not as deep as KOTOR 1 though probably because Obsidian wsa rushed for a release date), Fallout 2 had somewaht of a romance.

The Witcher isn't romance its more of promiscuity (not sure about the spelling) its was more of **** every girl you can. The closest you can get to a romance there is with Shani and Triss

Agreed. Lol, thats what I said about the Witcher.
portbobcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 portbobcat
I'm gonnae look and see in GAME and Gamestation to see if they have the selected games. I pray it to be so, otherwise my head is not safe. Sometimes, being a hydra has it's advantages. :P Thanks, so many games, YET SO LITTLE TIME!
Lemonio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lemonio

wait

i know

try second life

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1859231,00.html

portbobcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 portbobcat
My girlfriend has tried second life before, and she likes it, but she prefers single player type games instead of playing with others, plus it's really anoying to get money in it. Personally I hate it because I got called a dork in it and the people there wanted me to STAND about, doing nothing, so they'd get money or something? Weird stuff! But thanks for the suggestion. :)
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 stike22
portbobcat are you from the UK? GAME and Gamestation have been dead from what I know, checked them a couple of weeks ago not much going on but I wish you luck in finding your game.
Jekken6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 Jekken6
Member since 2008 • 2642 Posts

The Witcher (it has romance elements) , Fable (can get married), Mass Effect (romance elements), Grand Theft Auto 4 (you can date girls and if you go to hooker, you can kill her and get your money back). Fallout 2 has romance and you can even pimp your wife.

Lemonio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lemonio

lol i was kidding about second life

best place to destroy any romance you have with your girlfreind

stick to the suggestions everyone else gave you

dinuattila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dinuattila
Member since 2005 • 1355 Posts

KotOR, The Witcher and Mass Effect. Out of these 3 KotOR's is the best in my opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
Virtual Valerie is a pretty good rpg with plenty of romance.
mettej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mettej
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
You should definately try Dragon Age Origin. A rpg with possibilities of great romances
Gamerz1569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gamerz1569
Member since 2008 • 2087 Posts

Old is old, still hard to believe this thread was a year ago, felt like yesterday.

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

You should definately try Dragon Age Origin. A rpg with possibilities of great romancesmettej

Hey, what's this old thr...

Oh. Level one. Of course.

ghegpatatas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ghegpatatas
Member since 2010 • 611 Posts
[QUOTE="portbobcat"]Hi Me and my girlfriend have just played Vampire The Bloodlines Masquerade, and we thought, to be frank, it rocked. We were wondering if there was any games similar to it, but, as she's screaming in my ear right now, with more ROMANCE!!!!111121212111 She's looking for something like it anyways, with romance. Could you guys recommend any good games for the pc that has elements such as being a vampire, romance and the ability to play as a woman (STOP SCREAMING WOMAN). Help would be appreciated as my fail google searches return nothing. Thanks. :)

its really cool that you and your girlfriend share the same interest in games.. me and my gf too.. we like to beat the hell out of people in tekken..:) lol but she's starting to get better than me O_o anyway.. go try final fantasy 7 it has a pc port..its really good.
Ikavnieks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 Ikavnieks
Member since 2007 • 2848 Posts
[QUOTE="ghegpatatas"][QUOTE="portbobcat"]Hi Me and my girlfriend have just played Vampire The Bloodlines Masquerade, and we thought, to be frank, it rocked. We were wondering if there was any games similar to it, but, as she's screaming in my ear right now, with more ROMANCE!!!!111121212111 She's looking for something like it anyways, with romance. Could you guys recommend any good games for the pc that has elements such as being a vampire, romance and the ability to play as a woman (STOP SCREAMING WOMAN). Help would be appreciated as my fail google searches return nothing. Thanks. :)

its really cool that you and your girlfriend share the same interest in games.. me and my gf too.. we like to beat the hell out of people in tekken..:) lol but she's starting to get better than me O_o anyway.. go try final fantasy 7 it has a pc port..its really good.

Mate, read the last couple of posts, this topic is old, the TC probably hasn't been on here since.
DynV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

User Lists: 2

#37 DynV
Member since 2008 • 260 Posts

Blue Dragon has some romance, not something big, but it's teasing and quite cute!

The whole game has a great level of cuteness to it, I ask a cute hat maker to make one bassed on some characters but he declined. :( Although I found one cute (not as cute) AND geeky. :D

kdawg88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kdawg88
Member since 2009 • 2923 Posts
New Reno.