KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

So...anyone play it? I got it for free on PS+ and it's amazing. For a casual sports-type game, it hits absolutely all the right marks. I'm not going to describe it, because you can Google that. To quickly list what's great about it...

- Gameplay hits the perfect balance between being easy to learn and hard to master. You can jump right in and have fun your first time, or play 1000's of times just focusing on getting better.

- Matches are brief, only ~5 minutes long. Perfect for playing in short bursts, and not bad for extended play sessions ("just one more...just one more...").

- Cross platform play (PS4 and PC), great feature that merges two playerbases to create one big one. Because there are so many people to play against, matchmaking is instant (when it works - has been just slightly shaky due to high amount of people playing).

- Local splitscreen(!)...up to 4 players! Hell yea! Grab your friends, grab a beer, get ready to compete in matches online (2v2, 3v3, 4v4). Or your online friend across the country can grab his roommate, you can grab yours, and you can have a good ol' time online. The integration is amazing, each screen can fully customize their options (camera, controls, cars, etc.).

- Very decent graphics, but very well optimized (ATI 5850 listed under recommended specs...very nice)

I haven't picked it up on PC, but I might do it simply to support these developers and have 144 FPS. Has anyone been playing the game lately? Thoughts on it? Or any questions from people who haven't played it?

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

didn't know about it being crossplay with the PS4. Might just get it now when its alittle cheaper

Now if only counter strike:GO was crossplay with the PS4.....

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Yup I got it on PS+ as well, its awesome, but being a sports/driving game you need a controller on PC or your at a huge disadvantage, even if you have a superior fps.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Got it on PS+ and I'm hooked. The game is an absolute blast to play. Wasn't expecting much when it loaded up, but by the end of the 1st match, I was ready to really learn the ins and outs of playing the game to get better.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

I did 26 match of the season and lost 2.

The game have some flaws but:

GG

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KHAndAnime

@iambatman7986 said:

Got it on PS+ and I'm hooked. The game is an absolute blast to play. Wasn't expecting much when it loaded up, but by the end of the 1st match, I was ready to really learn the ins and outs of playing the game to get better.

Exactly what I was thinking. I had no anticipation of loving this game, I just thought it looked kind of neat from the screenshots. Even though ultimately it's just a variation of football, without a ton of variety and with cars, it feels like there's endless fun to be had playing against people online.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#7  Edited By kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

@lawlessx said:

didn't know about it being crossplay with the PS4. Might just get it now when its alittle cheaper

Now if only counter strike:GO was crossplay with the PS4.....

Ps3 and Portal 2 I think had it to... Also expect more xbox one games and pc games to play together in the future with windows 10 coming out for both in the future. I know Fable Legends and one other game are going to have PC and xbox one, hope more games do it. Shadowrun was fun years back with pc players and console players together.

As for the thread topic, the game is fantastic on PC. Runs very very well, not had any big issues so far and its a blast to play.

As I wrote in my steam review, it reminds me of Twister Metal, Mario Kart, Unreal Soccer Mod and Fifa all mixed together for some good ole fashioned fun gameplay.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I got in on PS+ for free and I'm having a blast with it. I don't even like soccer.

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

i got it on steam. loving it so far. 6+ hours and still wanting to replicate the thrill of scoring a goal.

GoodKingMog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GoodKingMog
Member since 2015 • 167 Posts

easily the best indie game to come out in a LONG time.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KHAndAnime

@goodkingmog said:

easily the best indie game to come out in a LONG time.

Since Binding of Isaac Rebirth, I'd say. It's even better when it's unexpected.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#12 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Decided to pick this up, its pretty damn fun though I am so bad at it lol. I've found so far in my rookie-laden matches that if a team has any AI players they will probably win. I'm guessing this will change as I improve.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#13  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17803 Posts

I gave it a shot on PS4 last night because it was free. I found the frame-rate pretty bad and inconsistent. Also, when you enable vsync, there is still tearing. WTF? This game is not optimized well at all on PS4. It is a simple game and should not be struggling. The game itself seems fun and I might pick it up on PC because I can't stand the technical issues on the PS4 version.

Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14  Edited By Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

Got it on PC and its great fun, always wondered when a (full) game like this will come out, i've only seen a few mods that were not so polished.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KHAndAnime

@BassMan said:

I gave it a shot on PS4 last night because it was free. I found the frame-rate pretty bad and inconsistent. Also, when you enable vsync, there is still tearing. WTF? This game is not optimized well at all on PS4. It is a simple game and should not be struggling. The game itself seems fun and I might pick it up on PC because I can't stand the technical issues on the PS4 version.

That's really odd, I play with V-sync off on PS4 and have had no issues with framerate. Even with 3-player splitscreen, my experience has been buttery smooth 100% of the dozen hours I've put into it.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

Getting it today I think. The hype is real.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I need to get this game with all the hype going around it! It is free on PSN anyways....