RIP S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and gsc! :(

This topic is locked from further discussion.

arsenal262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 arsenal262
Member since 2010 • 592 Posts

Hi all. If the current rumours are anything to go by Stalker dev gsc gameworld are being disbanded due to the"personal" problems of the devs president. I would like to thank the dev for the great games they gave us, with there amazing atmostphere and classic scares. Long live stalker, thank you for the great times.

lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts

Hi all. If the current rumours are anything to go by Stalker dev gsc gameworld are being disbanded due to the"personal" problems of the devs president. I would like to thank the dev for the great games they gave us, with there amazing atmostphere and classic scares. Long live stalker, thank you for the great times.

arsenal262

Noo?!? Stalker was one of the reasons I came to PC :cry:.

gabs1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 gabs1234
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I hope the rumours stay rumours. I have finished all the STALKER games and demand more! Ha.

PS. Anyone see the orginal Stalker movie by Tarkovsky (Based on Roadside Picnic by the Strugatasky Brothers).

Very different...

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Nah, they're not closing for a while at least. A flash-mob visited the studio today lol... They're not closing but they have trouble with Stalker 2 due to lack of human resources. They'll make a final decision this week.

CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

What heck are the rumours about the law enforcement are taking over?

Mind you it says this on GSC twitter

"Our website will continue, with the forum & tech support. The shop will continue until the nearest planned items sell out. (uploaded now)"

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

What heck are the rumours about the law enforcement are taking over?

CUDGEdave

Nothing. I think some random dude posted this on his twitter and Eurogamer, being the shiny beacon of serious journalism they are, ran with it. The idea was that the corrupt authorities were after the Stalker IP. The IP is registered outside Ukraine though. GSC themselves denied this rumour today.