resolution problem that is really doing my head in!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Budz420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Budz420
Member since 2007 • 152 Posts

i'l start at the begining when this problem randomly seemed to pop up.

I felt like playing GTA 4 again so i reinstalled it on steam. for some reason i'd get an error saying i need xp service pack 3 to play. (i have vista and i was able to play gta4 no problem months before) I went on the net to try and find a problem. a few ppl said update your drivers and such.

i went to the nvida site and searched for a new driver. some some reason it was recommending me a 190.38 driver or something like that even though I had a 196. something driver. i decided to install the 190 driver anyway.

ever since then i've had problems. every time i restart my PC the res will be 800*600. when ever i open progams such as steam my monitor will go black for a few seconds. oh and GTA 4 still dusnt work...

ps. when i go on the nvidia site and let it scan my hardware to find a driver for me it recommends some random linux driver?! wtf.

any 1 knw whats going on?

G013M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 G013M
Member since 2006 • 6424 Posts
In device manager, is it still showing up with your video card, or does it show VGA Adapter (or along those lines, I can't remember the exact wording)? Also with the Nvidia site, try using the manual selector up the top, rather then the automatic tool underneath. That way you can select the correct OS, video card etc; and obtain the correct driver.
Budz420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Budz420
Member since 2007 • 152 Posts

i just used system resotre and restored my PC to a few weeks before. drivers work fine now. unfortunately doing this has totally messed up my norton 360... auto protect wont turn on and neither will email scanning lol.