[REQUEST]Good games for low end pc.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pow3rran9er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pow3rran9er
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Since google kind of led me to this site, I decided to make a brief request post over here since I'm quite desperate. I have a quite old pc, wich was originally manufactured in 2003 and costed +/- 300 euro's (+/- 380 pound's) (+/- 280 dollar's) at the time. Trough the year's i modded it a little so these are my hardware specs: Nvidia GeForce 6200 2GB Ram Intel Pentium 4 - 3.00 Ghz I'm running windows XP. I was looking for any good games that could be able to run on this system, since i ran out of them myself and i can't buy a new PC till next month. The biggest problem is that i kind of hate FPS games, and i don't like starcraft either. NOTE 1: i game quite a lot, so i allready played A LOT of games... NOTE 2: Im not english in any way, i try hard to spell properly, i'm sorry if i failed. I hope one of you can help me out here =P
megam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 megam
Member since 2003 • 457 Posts

It really depends on the types of games you enjoy. If you enjoy cRPGs, go for the Atari DnD collection (contains Baldur's Gate 1, Baldur's Gate 2, Temple of Elemental Evil, Icewind Dale 1, and Icewind Dale 2). There's also other classics like Fallout, Fallout 2, and Planescape Torment..

If you like action games with some shooting, I can recommend the the Star Wars Jedi Knight collection on Steam.

For Action RPGs, there's always Diablo 2.

I can also recommend checking www.gog.com for good old games. Check community opinions and the hardware specs for the games you're interested in.

Avatar image for jacobhazard1704
jacobhazard1704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 jacobhazard1704
Member since 2004 • 215 Posts

Commander Keen

ArchDemon123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ArchDemon123
Member since 2010 • 967 Posts

It really depends on the types of games you enjoy. If you enjoy cRPGs, go for the Atari DnD collection (contains Baldur's Gate 1, Baldur's Gate 2, Temple of Elemental Evil, Icewind Dale 1, and Icewind Dale 2). There's also other classics like Fallout, Fallout 2, and Planescape Torment..

If you like action games with some shooting, I can recommend the the Star Wars Jedi Knight collection on Steam.

I can also recommend checking www.gog.com for good old games. Check community opinions and the hardware specs for the games you're interested in.

megam
Great list :)
pow3rran9er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pow3rran9er

I can also recommend checking for good old games. Check community opinions and the hardware specs for the games you're interested in.

megam
I have been looking into all of those listed above, but non of them really draw my attention. I liked the idea of fallout 1+2, but i never liked the gameplay of those. Perhaps it will help if i say that the most favorite titles i have ever played on this machine (decent / good settings, no lagg) Are Fable TLC, Portal 1, Portal 2, GTA San Andreas, Half life 2 (with episode 2 as my favorite) and The da Vince Code. Off this list, fable TLC is my absolute favorite. (My personally most favorite game in the entire world is assassins creed, wich i play on a ps3 (just trying to show wich genre i prefer)) The biggest problem with (most) of the games listed by megam is that i do not like the way of playing at all. The side view from above really annoys me.
BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

[QUOTE="megam"]

I can also recommend checking for good old games. Check community opinions and the hardware specs for the games you're interested in.

pow3rran9er

I have been looking into all of those listed above, but non of them really draw my attention. I liked the idea of fallout 1+2, but i never liked the gameplay of those. Perhaps it will help if i say that the most favorite titles i have ever played on this machine (decent / good settings, no lagg) Are Fable TLC, Portal 1, Portal 2, GTA San Andreas, Half life 2 (with episode 2 as my favorite) and The da Vince Code. Off this list, fable TLC is my absolute favorite. (My personally most favorite game in the entire world is assassins creed, wich i play on a ps3 (just trying to show wich genre i prefer)) The biggest problem with (most) of the games listed by megam is that i do not like the way of playing at all. The side view from above really annoys me.

Hate FPS's? Valve?
anyway

The older total war games, sepcifically Rome: Total War (turn-based strategy)
Max Payne 1 & 2 (TPS)
Sim City 4 (Sim)
The Movies (tycoon)
Diablo 2 (he's right) (Action RPG)
Fallout 1 & 2 (give them a try) (RPG)
Galactic Civlizations 2 (TBS)
Civ 3/4 (TBS)
Left 4 Dead 1 (might be a stretch) (FPS)
Lord Of THe Rings: Battle For Middle Earth (RTS)
Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 (maybe 3) (Tycoon)
Bastion (Action RPG)
Black & White (RTS, kinda)
Vice City (TPS)
GTA 3 (TPS)
Morrowind (RPG)
KOTOR 1 & 2 (RPG)
Braid (indy)
Limbo (indy)
Crysis (j/k)

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

guildwears will run on medium

painkiller can be maxed out

upgrade the videocard and we shall talk of even more games

pow3rran9er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pow3rran9er

[QUOTE="pow3rran9er"][QUOTE="megam"]

BlackDevil99

Hate FPS's? Valve?
anyway

The older total war games, sepcifically Rome: Total War (turn-based strategy)
Max Payne 1 & 2 (TPS)
Sim City 4 (Sim)
The Movies (tycoon)
Diablo 2 (he's right) (Action RPG)
Fallout 1 & 2 (give them a try) (RPG)
Galactic Civlizations 2 (TBS)
Civ 3/4 (TBS)
Left 4 Dead 1 (might be a stretch) (FPS)
Lord Of THe Rings: Battle For Middle Earth (RTS)
Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 (maybe 3) (Tycoon)
Bastion (Action RPG)
Black & White (RTS, kinda)
Vice City (TPS)
GTA 3 (TPS)
Morrowind (RPG)
KOTOR 1 & 2 (RPG)
Braid (indy)
Limbo (indy)
Crysis (j/k)

Perhaps Hate was the wrong word, but i simply do not really like fps games. I played those valve games for the story only, except for portal (so i played them becouse of portal). I think it's better to say it like this: FPS games are fine, as long as they are not call of duty like... As for your list: The older total war games, sepcifically Rome: Total War (turn-based strategy) - game finished..
Max Payne 1 & 2 (TPS) - seems as a good tip, thanks.
Sim City 4 (Sim) - game finished.. The Movies (tycoon) - game finished.. Diablo 2 (he's right) (Action RPG) - tried it, did not like it. Fallout 1 & 2 (give them a try) (RPG) - tried it, stopped playing. (even tough i like fallout) (fallout new vegas/3 work on low settings) Galactic Civlizations 2 (TBS) - looking into it Civ 3/4 (TBS) - game finished.. Left 4 Dead 1 (might be a stretch) (FPS) - game finished.. Lord Of THe Rings: Battle For Middle Earth (RTS) - game finished.. Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 (maybe 3) (Tycoon) - game finished.. (btw. 3 works on max settings..) Bastion (Action RPG) - looking into it Black & White (RTS, kinda) - game finished.. Vice City (TPS) - game finished.. GTA 3 (TPS) - game finished.. Morrowind (RPG) - game finished.. KOTOR 1 & 2 (RPG) - looking into it Braid (indy) - looking into it. Limbo (indy) - game finished.. Crysis (j/k) - game finished.. \So far: Best list =P, thanks. Gonna try max payne.
pow3rran9er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pow3rran9er

guildwears will run on medium

painkiller can be maxed out

upgrade the videocard and we shall talk of even more games

ionusX
In 4 weeks i'm buying a new pc wich will run all modern games maxed out.. So i wasn't actually thinking of upgrading this video card.. I assume you meant guildWARs, in that case, i do not really like it, and im looking into painkiller. thanks for the tip.
BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

One does not simply finish Sim City ;)

D1zzyCriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 D1zzyCriminal
Member since 2009 • 1839 Posts

Commander Keen

jacobhazard1704

Now now :P

Command and Conquer series, Half Life 2, Morrowind, Sim City 4.

A good mix there for you.

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

Both of the Freedom Force games should run well on your setup. I still install and play them from time to time.

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#13 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
bf2
Pork_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#14 Pork_Lord
Member since 2004 • 1725 Posts

Warcraft 3 / DotA is still quite popular. Could you get League of Legends or Heroes of Newerth to run on lower settings? There's a few thousand gaming hours for you :)

RobertBowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 RobertBowen
Member since 2003 • 4094 Posts

Here are some games you might like, if you haven't played them already...

Third Person RPG:

Gothic
Gothic II
Jade Empire Special Edition
Summoner
Anachronox

Third Person Action:

Rune
Heretic II
Heavy Metal FAKK 2
Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time
Outcast
Oni
Mafia
The Thing
Rogue Trooper
Freedom Fighters
American McGee's Alice

Third Person Stealth

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell series
Thief: Deadly Shadows

First Person Action & RPG

Arx Fatalis

Other Considerations:

Thief 1 & 2
Deus Ex
The Operative: No One Lives Forever
Sea Dogs
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Project Eden
System Shock 2
Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Armed and Dangerous
MDK 1 & 2
Giants: Citizen Kabuto

For when you get a new PC:

Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga
Just Cause 2
The Witcher
The Witcher 2
Risen
Two Worlds II
Fallout 3
Fallout: New Vegas
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

There are many others, but this list is long enough already. :P

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#16 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
oh my god nobody has said killing floor.