Remotely accessing your computer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jeremy45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 jeremy45
Member since 2005 • 86 Posts
I'm going to be serving my country soon and wanted a way to access my computer while i'm away. I have seen services for remote access and was wondering if anyone ever used a service of this type?. I'm just worried that other eyes besides mine can look at my information. Any ideas on how to stay in touch with my comp while i'm away? I know your thinking why don't you take it with you?, they wont let me.
Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Taijiquan
Member since 2002 • 7431 Posts

I'm going to be serving my country soon and wanted a way to access my computer while i'm away. I have seen services for remote access and was wondering if anyone ever used a service of this type?. I'm just worried that other eyes besides mine can look at my information. Any ideas on how to stay in touch with my comp while i'm away? I know your thinking why don't you take it with you?, they wont let me.jeremy45

I use these services everyday. There are 2 ways to do this. One is to use remote desktop. The other is to use a 3rd party program. I would recommand Funk Proxy. While there are better solutions this is cheap and works well. I connect to many remote systems across the country and can say, with T1 lines on both ends this is not an ideal solution for any type of media connectivity. There is really nothing on your desktop that you would need remote access too other then media.

If you are in the armed services I would suggest buying a cheap laptop. I have served in the Military and everyone has laptops. If you are going to Basic just wait until you are out and grab one before you go to your A School. You should have plenty of money saved up. Worst case scenario is to buy an external Harddrive and shove your media on there.

HavocEbonlore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 HavocEbonlore
Member since 2007 • 483 Posts
Netbus is also a great program. I've used it once, good stuff.
Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Taijiquan
Member since 2002 • 7431 Posts

Netbus is also a great program. I've used it once, good stuff.HavocEbonlore

Deploying shareware ****applications always make me nervous on PCs that may contain important information. This program is a perfect example! http://www.all-internet-security.com/netbus_trojan.html If your system was not setup properly on a domain this could be a nightmare.