This topic is locked from further discussion.

MasterIan2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 MasterIan2006
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts

i installed roller coaster tycoon 3. it installed fine. i went to play it and it lagged loads, when it eventually loaded up i placed a ride in and it froze my computer, and then restarted my whole computer.

why has this happened?

luke9113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 luke9113
Member since 2005 • 57 Posts

Well, This could have been for many reasons...

Your Graphics Can't handle it. Also you need Atleast 1 GB RAM for it to run good. 3GB is reccomended.

And Its reccomended you run it on a newer graphics card and on DirectX10. As it vastly improves the performance.

maydaymad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 maydaymad
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

hi there. i have installed rct3 on my laptop now which is running vista, duel-core (athlon x2) processor. i cant get my music into my parks or pictures for the billboards?? but yet, i can download parks from the net and play them?? i could do it on my old XP?? and yes i have put the files into the correct folders??? i have also downloaded the recent patch 2?? Can anyone help me???

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

Well, This could have been for many reasons...

Your Graphics Can't handle it. Also you need Atleast 1 GB RAM for it to run good. 3GB is reccomended.

And Its reccomended you run it on a newer graphics card and on DirectX10. As it vastly improves the performance.

luke9113

RCT3 does not support DX 10.

maydaymad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 maydaymad
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
hi. i have a nvidia-geforce graphics card and 2GB Ram??? any other suggestions???
chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#6 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts

Post your complete specifications and then state your problem accurately, I am sure someone might be able to help.

I am not able to understand if you are asking a question or maknig a statement. It's my inability of course, but its your problem, so try and be more accurate.

Also, try updating the game.

Geon106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#7 Geon106
Member since 2006 • 130 Posts

I'm running RCT3 Deluxe on:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+

NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GTX XXX Edition

4GB of DDR2

X-Fi Platinum Soundcard

80GB Harddrive with Vista Home Premium 64

500GB Hard drive with XP Professional 32

And performance is fine with everything maxed out, the problem i have is when i click Billboards, then custom image, it shows nothing. Just a window with the path name and an empty white window.

Its installed on my XP hard drive but i installed it and load it from my Vista hard drive