This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by Silicel1 (2342 posts) -
[QUOTE="DevilMightCry"][QUOTE="C_Rule"] :shock: Interesting... If nothing else. Not really sure what you were going for, but it does look different.

That has to be the worst setup I've seen on GS in a while. Seriously, the components are good, but do they not sell cases over there in Hungary? WTF bro? LOL.

They do sell but it looks like he is into this "ghetto" style cases :)
#202 Posted by DevilMightCry (3496 posts) -
[QUOTE="Silicel1"][QUOTE="DevilMightCry"][QUOTE="C_Rule"] :shock: Interesting... If nothing else. Not really sure what you were going for, but it does look different.

That has to be the worst setup I've seen on GS in a while. Seriously, the components are good, but do they not sell cases over there in Hungary? WTF bro? LOL.

They do sell but it looks like he is into this "ghetto" style cases :)

Might as well leave everything out of the case... you know... open. "Ohh there is my PSU, and over there is where I think I left my HDD... maybe this optical mouse will work on the carpet!"
#203 Posted by 2744393 (11 posts) -
Haha! We got a really funny people here! I have this Plexi case already, but some components are missing, so I need to wait for them! But thanx for not to relegate my other components!   And this case looks like a ghetto style and what? 18,5 min furmark at 800?4000 - 1,025V max 81 & 75 Celsius: http://kepfeltoltes.hu/120419/Furmark_GTX480_SLI__18m30s__www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg When i have the complete plexi case with all the 6 neons, i will post pictures here, I really don't want to cause you a heart attack DevilMightCry ;)
#204 Posted by MuD3 (1469 posts) -

i'm finally done doing everything i want with my build, for now anyway...

working on turning my old pc into an HTPC, i'll post those too when i'm done with it.

2z7najb.jpg

108e7w9.jpg

27xl180.jpg

#205 Posted by DevilMightCry (3496 posts) -
Nice setup Mud.
#206 Posted by Silicel1 (2342 posts) -

working on turning my old pc into an HTPC, i'll post those too when i'm done with it.

2z7najb.jpg

108e7w9.jpg

27xl180.jpg

MuD3
Very nice! Cheers mate! very clean build. Things I need to get is a H100, another GPU or get a 680, remove hard drive bays and move hard drives to optical bays(though i have mesh there so its visible from the front), either get a modular PSU or sleeve my current one. Hopefully I get that done in the following 2 mnths or so.
#207 Posted by MuD3 (1469 posts) -
[QUOTE="Silicel1"] Very nice! Cheers mate! very clean build. Things I need to get is a H100, another GPU or get a 680, remove hard drive bays and move hard drives to optical bays(though i have mesh there so its visible from the front), either get a modular PSU or sleeve my current one. Hopefully I get that done in the following 2 mnths or so.

i love these corsair closed loops, it makes it look so much cleaner. removing the HDD bays really cleaned up the case too i was considering doing a step up to 680 instead of sli, but i'm really glad i went the sli route. my psu is semi modular and i sleeved it with 550 cord, no heatshrink. i think i like it better than fully modular, i think it just looks cool with the wires coming straight out of the box, especially with the sleeving. but having the modular cables was nice too, allowed me to make my own wires to just the right length and without more connections than i need. guess i could have done that without modular cables too but it sure made it easier.
#209 Posted by smokerope187 (105 posts) -
my rigs still incomplete waiting for nvidia to release some midrange 680 based card.
#211 Posted by C_Rule (9812 posts) -
@2744393 Eh, plexi cases with neons looks so garish. :| Hope you're going to do something to improve the airflow of the case, if you're going to be running 480 SLI. @MuD Probably the most aesthetically pleasing builds in this thread. Well done.
#212 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

2z7najb.jpg

108e7w9.jpg

27xl180.jpg

MuD3
Again, the cleanest looking build aesthetically, and literally, I've ever seen... When I put together my new build this year, I definitely will be buying a Corsair Obsidian case. Are those GTX 580's with "backplates?"
#213 Posted by MuD3 (1469 posts) -
yeah, didn't come with them though.
#215 Posted by MuD3 (1469 posts) -
i paid 140 on amazon, free shipping. i had a couple cheap cases in the past, after this i will never go back to cheap cases. it's so very worth it.
#216 Posted by smokerope187 (105 posts) -
i paid 140 on amazon, free shipping. i had a couple cheap cases in the past, after this i will never go back to cheap cases. it's so very worth it. MuD3
i dont really give a **** about a case it just holds the hardware.
#217 Posted by Silicel1 (2342 posts) -
[QUOTE="MuD3"]i paid 140 on amazon, free shipping. i had a couple cheap cases in the past, after this i will never go back to cheap cases. it's so very worth it. smokerope187

Then what are you doin in this thread. You obviously dont care about your computers looks.
#218 Posted by DevilMightCry (3496 posts) -
[QUOTE="smokerope187"][QUOTE="MuD3"]i paid 140 on amazon, free shipping. i had a couple cheap cases in the past, after this i will never go back to cheap cases. it's so very worth it. Silicel1

Then what are you doin in this thread. You obviously dont care about your computers looks.

He's a damn troll. Reported him already...
#219 Posted by smokerope187 (105 posts) -
[QUOTE="DevilMightCry"][QUOTE="Silicel1"][QUOTE="smokerope187"]
[QUOTE="smokerope187"][QUOTE="MuD3"]i paid 140 on amazon, free shipping. i had a couple cheap cases in the past, after this i will never go back to cheap cases. it's so very worth it. Silicel1

set up=hardware
#220 Posted by smokerope187 (105 posts) -
Cleaned up my wiring alittle bit. i can put all of the cables behind the motherboard except ground 4 pin and 24pin power. This case has had like 10 different motherboards and cpus in it lol sli rigs and ****
#223 Posted by skinntech (415 posts) -
[QUOTE="2744393"]Asrock X58 Extreme Intel Core i7 920 (D0) ~ 4GHz - 1,328V +Cooler Master Hyper N520 Corsair 3x2GB DDR3 ~ 1528MHz (9 9 9 24) 2x Asus GTX480 SLI (GPU:800MHz Memory:4000MHz) - 1,025V OCZ Agility 2 40GB SSD+ Samsung SP2504C 250GB Corsair TX850 Asus VH238T 23" 1920x1080     3D Mark 11 (P11634) : http://kepfeltoltes.hu/120320/3DMark11_-_11364__i7_920__GTX480_SLI__www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

All I have to say is kudos to you man for making it work. I like the small fan mounted to the cards to feed em. I had an asus vento case that I got talked into buying by some friends and In the end it looked exactly like your fan setup. I did not want to buy a new case, so I did what you did and modified it till it met my performance needs. That case is a lan party hero. By the way your case is way more legit then my old vento that case was a pile of dung, the plastic that made it look cool to some people really just insulated the case and made it even harder to cool
#224 Posted by MuD3 (1469 posts) -
just looked up a vento.... that is one ugly case. doesn't help that it resembles a dick :|
#225 Posted by skinntech (415 posts) -
just looked up a vento.... that is one ugly case. doesn't help that it resembles a dick :|MuD3
you think that resembles a dick? I dont know if i would post that meng. yeh at the time though some people thought it was a cool case. we all thought that it looked like the front of a sport bike. I learned my lesson and switched to lian li cases , simple good construction and lots of modding space.
#226 Posted by MuD3 (1469 posts) -
look at it from the front... how does it not resemble a dick? big difference between "resembles" and "identical to"
#229 Posted by Silicel1 (2342 posts) -

See i dont have money to buy a new case 922$ isnt enough.

smokerope187
If you dont have money to buy a case thats ok no one is forcing you to buy anything but this thread is made so that people show of their setups, and people understand a comment in relation that its not worth it to spend that much on it. Even i dont have the money to buy a new case i got my case for almost 2 years now its not like Im buying one every week. This is not the thread where buying expensive computer parts gain justification.
#231 Posted by smokerope187 (105 posts) -
[QUOTE="smokerope187"]

See i dont have money to buy a new case 922$ isnt enough.

Silicel1
If you dont have money to buy a case thats ok no one is forcing you to buy anything but this thread is made so that people show of their setups, and people understand a comment in relation that its not worth it to spend that much on it. Even i dont have the money to buy a new case i got my case for almost 2 years now its not like Im buying one every week. This is not the thread where buying expensive computer parts gain justification.

I was just showing i have the money to buy a new case but my 8 year old case still does the job lol so why buy a new one.
#233 Posted by DBIZMO (580 posts) -

2z7najb.jpg

MuD3

That's so neat and tidy with a nice colour scheme hehe. I guess I need to fix up my cabling a bit more.

#234 Posted by C_Rule (9812 posts) -

I sorta want a new case but i dont feel like spending alot on one and the cheaper atx midtowers ones dont have the cut away harddrive bays like micro atx cheaper ones do and i dont want a case that can only use micro atx only boards lols.

So it looks like im sticking with my trusty 8 year old case.

smokerope187
Sounds like you're making up crap, to justify having a crap case.
#235 Posted by smokerope187 (105 posts) -

[QUOTE="smokerope187"]

I sorta want a new case but i dont feel like spending alot on one and the cheaper atx midtowers ones dont have the cut away harddrive bays like micro atx cheaper ones do and i dont want a case that can only use micro atx only boards lols.

So it looks like im sticking with my trusty 8 year old case.

C_Rule

Sounds like you're making up crap, to justify having a crap case.

I have the money 900$ is plenty to buy a case but i dont want to spend 100$ on a case and this case is still good im not just gonna throw it away and i dont feel like having it laying around either because of new case i bought. New cases suck ass now **** options.

#237 Posted by Silicel1 (2342 posts) -

Everyone here with new cases must of just started pc gaming because they would already have old cases they can use like me.

smokerope187
You really need to start your own blog or somethin.
#238 Posted by smokerope187 (105 posts) -

[QUOTE="smokerope187"]

Everyone here with new cases must of just started pc gaming because they would already have old cases they can use like me.

Silicel1

You really need to start your own blog or somethin.

blogs are lame as **** I tend to use my computer **** untill it's no longer usable.

#241 Posted by MuD3 (1469 posts) -
only see one person without one. maybe they don't need them because they use steam? maybe they have an external drive?
#242 Posted by MonsieurX (31663 posts) -

Whats up with people without cd-rom drives? Confirmed pc gaming noobs you dont own any cd-rom or dvd games to install lol.

smokerope187
Heewee,you back?
#243 Posted by keiblerfan69 (15237 posts) -
I'm not putting one in my next build. No point at all, might buy an external just in case.
#244 Posted by smokerope187 (105 posts) -

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/50952-amd-a8-3870k-unlocked-llano-apu-review-13.html

look only a acouple fps difference between all of those cpus with the 460 gtx running crysis 2 dx11 max.

#245 Posted by smokerope187 (105 posts) -

you dont need fastest cpu lol gpu more important and this bottlenecking **** is overrated.

#246 Posted by MonsieurX (31663 posts) -
Yup,he his.
#247 Posted by MonsieurX (31663 posts) -

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/50952-amd-a8-3870k-unlocked-llano-apu-review-13.html

look only a acouple fps difference between all of those cpus with the 460 gtx running crysis 2 dx11 max.

smokerope187
1680x1050. Go over higher resolutions and you'll see a difference.
#248 Posted by smokerope187 (105 posts) -
Yup,he his.MonsieurX
change the lame avatar already
#249 Posted by MonsieurX (31663 posts) -
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Yup,he his.smokerope187
change the lame avatar already

Why I'd do that for you
#250 Posted by smokerope187 (105 posts) -

[QUOTE="smokerope187"]

MonsieurX

1680x1050. Go over higher resolutions and you'll see a difference.

nope higher res is even more gpu limited. low graphic settings and low res=cpu limited high graphics settings and res=gpu limited