Question for Purchasing through Steam

This topic is locked from further discussion.

theking52_TDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 theking52_TDK
Member since 2008 • 943 Posts

If I buy [and download] a game through Steam, can I copy it on a disc and keep it and install on however many PCs I want (or if i reformat my PC if I can redownload the game and install and play it again)?

In other words, I'm asking if Steam is like D2D through which if I lose the game from my  HDD I can just redownload and use the same key to unlock and play the game.

Please let me know... thanks in advance! 

tkemory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 tkemory
Member since 2002 • 2191 Posts
There is no need to copy it to a disc, once you purchase a game it can always be downloaded and installed on your HDD. So if you get a new PC for example you just install Steam and login. It will see that you have games that aren't on the new computer and will allow you to download and install them.
Tiberius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Tiberius
Member since 2002 • 1713 Posts

In addition towhat tkemory said, you can also make a backup copy of any Steam game and burn that to a disc. 

There's an option to do this built into Steam, and it's very easy to use.  This feature saves you the time of re-downloading your game.

theking52_TDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 theking52_TDK
Member since 2008 • 943 Posts

Ohhh ok good. I just purchased Sacred 2 and was worried about that. Should've asked before but I played the trial and it brought back memories of the Diablo 2 days (for the hack and slash and loot addictiveness) so I had to buy it lol.

Thanks 

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts

Ohhh ok good. I just purchased Sacred 2 and was worried about that. Should've asked before but I played the trial and it brought back memories of the Diablo 2 days (for the hack and slash and loot addictiveness) so I had to buy it lol.

Thanks 

theking52_TDK
np, no need because u can redownload it.