Project Reality Devs New Standalone Game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

The developers of the popular mod for Battlefield 2 are now indevelopment of a new game by the name Sqaud.

Using Unreal Engine 4 the game will feature large maps consisting of 100 player matches, multible squads, a kit class system and advanced VOIP. The games looks like it fits into the area between Insurgency and ARMA 3.

It is currently on Steam Greenlight http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=402654862

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

Yes, saw this the other day, looks wonderful. Although, I hope they try make the maps more interesting, in the current state, they look very generic and bare

While Insurgency is generic, it has ridiculously polished looking maps.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blangenakker

Only 72 hours left on the kickstarter.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

Sounds awesome. I've been waiting for a game that has the tactical and sandbox gameplay of Arma without all its quirks, hopefully this will be it.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Yes I can't wait... Another buggy and poor performing Alpha to add to my list. Woo... The future of PC gaming f***ing scares me.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blangenakker

New trailer released

Loading Video...

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Yes I can't wait... Another buggy and poor performing Alpha to add to my list. Woo... The future of PC gaming f***ing scares me.

It's funny you're so scared about developers openly developing their games, when the real problem is the increasing amount of developers and publishers cranking out broken games behind closed doors and labeling them "finished".

And why play buggy alphas when you don't have to? Seems like you're just looking for an excuse to complain, like a baby. Arkham Knight taught us how beautifully the traditional publisher-developer system works. While all kickstarter and early-access projects hammer out game-breaking issues immediately from willing participants, here you're instead implying it's much better to support the traditional system of publishers keep hoisting out broken games labeled as "finished" upon the unsuspecting public because you have absolutely zero discipline to avoid these "buggy alphas" that you seem to hate so much. Ever consider just...not playing the games while they're in development? Or does that require too much common sense? I'd think with all the recent success of many early access and kickstarter projects, combined with the recent failures in gaming directly due to publishers, people would wise up a bit. It's often one high-profile blunder after another (versus kickstarter projects, where it's usually only the small unheard of projects resulting in failures).

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

It's funny you're so scared about developers openly developing their games, when the real problem is the increasing amount of developers and publishers cranking out broken games behind closed doors and labeling them "finished".

And why play buggy alphas when you don't have to? Seems like you're just looking for an excuse to complain, like a baby. Arkham Knight taught us how beautifully the traditional publisher-developer system works. While all kickstarter and early-access projects hammer out game-breaking issues immediately from willing participants, here you're instead implying it's much better to support the traditional system of publishers keep hoisting out broken games labeled as "finished" upon the unsuspecting public because you have absolutely zero discipline to avoid these "buggy alphas" that you seem to hate so much. Ever consider just...not playing the games while they're in development? Or does that require too much common sense? I'd think with all the recent success of many early access and kickstarter projects, combined with the recent failures in gaming directly due to publishers, people would wise up a bit. It's often one high-profile blunder after another (versus kickstarter projects, where it's usually only the small unheard of projects resulting in failures).

Your whole post is an assumption.

I have pretty much preached that gamers are just hordes of blind sheep delusionally accepting anything thrown at them for many years now but willingly paying for games with that aren't even 30% complete by people who have never made a game before is THE most stupidest thing that we as gaming community have accepted.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#10 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

This game is going to be great, there's little doubt in my mind about that. They've proven themselves already, now they get to go far and above what they've already done. I say congrats to them! :D

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@KHAndAnime said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

I have pretty much preached that gamers are just hordes of blind sheep delusionally accepting anything thrown at them for many years now but willingly paying for games with that aren't even 30% complete by people who have never made a game before is THE most stupidest thing that we as gaming community have accepted.

Eh, you'll get over it. This is the future of pc gaming, if it scares you, switch to console.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@Nick3306 said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@KHAndAnime said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Eh, you'll get over it. This is the future of pc gaming, if it scares you, switch to console.

I don't mind developers allowing gamers access to their Alphas/Betas to help them improve the game (this has been done for the past 30 years). What my problem with modern gaming is that they charge for "early access" and call it things like "founders pack", even more ridiculous when the game will eventually be free to play.

I understand that the gamers are to blame here since they pay for this early access (if there isn't a market, developers would stop doing it), but remember, a long time ago developers were the ones that paid gamers to test their games before release.

There's also the issue that many devs hide behind this early access/alpha/beta status and basically never release the final game (DayZ for example).

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

@FelipeInside said:
@Nick3306 said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@KHAndAnime said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

I don't mind developers allowing gamers access to their Alphas/Betas to help them improve the game (this has been done for the past 30 years). What my problem with modern gaming is that they charge for "early access" and call it things like "founders pack", even more ridiculous when the game will eventually be free to play.

I understand that the gamers are to blame here since they pay for this early access (if there isn't a market, developers would stop doing it), but remember, a long time ago developers were the ones that paid gamers to test their games before release.

There's also the issue that many devs hide behind this early access/alpha/beta status and basically never release the final game (DayZ for example).

Early access allows us to help fund the development process of games some of which would never see the light of day without it due to budget reasons. Of course there is great risk in it, but we know the risk when buying into it.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@Nick3306 said:
@FelipeInside said:
@Nick3306 said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@KHAndAnime said:

Early access allows us to help fund the development process of games some of which would never see the light of day without it due to budget reasons. Of course there is great risk in it, but we know the risk when buying into it.

I know, but make it optional. Let players test your game, and if they like it and want it finished then they can contribute to the project.

I don't know what's worse, charging money for a free game or people paying money to play a free game...