Problem with CoH gold edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 MJPK
Member since 2006 • 3360 Posts

I bought Company of Heroes gold edition today but when I try to install it I get this error

MDM Zinc v2 Error Handler

Form name: MainForm

Form type: Normal Form

{mdm}script v2 Method: mdm.DLL.addParameter

Parameter(s):"0", "integer", "undefined"

Frame Number: 3

Zinc error: Zinc has encountered the following error: 'undefined' in not a valid integer value

Can anyone help with this??

MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MJPK
Anyone??
migs17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 migs17
Member since 2008 • 59 Posts
legit?
MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MJPK

It is legit unless gamestop sold me an illegal copy.

I installed CoH and it works but I still can't install CoH:OF.When I put the disc in the menu comes up and I click install then the menu dissapears and notting happens.I then go to "computer" in the start menu and open the disc and try to install it that way but all I get is that error.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Don't know if that's the problem, but you don't have to install them both, you only need to install OF and add your CoH serial nr to your profile.

So if it isn't too much of a bother (if patching it up again would be horrible) uninstall CoH and install only CoH OF.

MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MJPK
Thanks for the help
MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MJPK
New problem.I uninstalled CoH and installed OF and started it up and I get a notice to download a patch and I cancel it but it won't let me play the game.I then tried it again after turning off the internet and I get another notice saying "could not verify media" and when I click "ok" it just pops up again.I don't want to download the patch right now as my internet is crappy at the moment and all I'm getting is a download speed of 9kbp/s.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DanielDust
:S CoH OF needs to update to even have acces to the menu. The patches for OF are about 400 mb. If you install CoH the patches are about 1.8 gb and they add a lot. Maybe you can get them from one of your friends :(.
Sonir77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sonir77
Member since 2006 • 1846 Posts
:S CoH OF needs to update to even have acces to the menu. The patches for OF are about 400 mb. If you install CoH the patches are about 1.8 gb and they add a lot. Maybe you can get them from one of your friends :(. DanielDust
or i think completely turning off your internet lets you go straight to the menu
MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MJPK

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]:S CoH OF needs to update to even have acces to the menu. The patches for OF are about 400 mb. If you install CoH the patches are about 1.8 gb and they add a lot. Maybe you can get them from one of your friends :(. Sonir77
or i think completely turning off your internet lets you go straight to the menu

When I turn off the internet I get an error saying "could not access media" and every time I click ok to comes back up.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DanielDust

[QUOTE="Sonir77"][QUOTE="DanielDust"]:S CoH OF needs to update to even have acces to the menu. The patches for OF are about 400 mb. If you install CoH the patches are about 1.8 gb and they add a lot. Maybe you can get them from one of your friends :(. MJPK

When I turn off the internet I get an error saying "could not access media" and every time I click ok to comes back up.

CoH OF needs internet to run, and if it doesn't detect a connection, it checks for the disc (if I recall correctly) so play it with the disc. If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas, other than reinstalling the game.