Prince of Persia The Sands of Time graphics problem with NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ameer27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ameer27
Member since 2009 • 369 Posts

I had Prince of Persia The Sands of Time previously installed when I had ATI Radeon x1050 graphics card.. And now I re-installed it after getting the new NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT graphics card, and I have an issue with it!! The game looks like it's foggy all the time!!! As I can remember, I had it already previously installed on this new graphics card as well, but I'm not sure though... So please tell me why it's like this now. The exact same occurred with Prince of Persia Warrior Within as well.

If anybody knows what could be wrong and what can I do to fix it, please tell me.. Again, the problem is that the game looks way too much foggy and I can't even see clearly, therefore, there's no way I can play the game.

My PC specs:
CPU: Intel Dual Core @ 1.80GHz.
Memory: 1GB RAM.
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT, VRAM: 1024MB.

Gog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Gog
Member since 2002 • 16376 Posts

Can you post a screenshot? I have no idea what you mean with a game looking foggy.

gubrushadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gubrushadow
Member since 2009 • 2735 Posts
it seems your computer have allergy to prince of persia
Ameer27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ameer27

Can you post a screenshot? I have no idea what you mean with a game looking foggy.

Gog

Here ya go..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46076764@N05/4233583779/

This is what I mean by a game looking foggy..

Mage_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Mage_7
Member since 2007 • 1065 Posts

[QUOTE="Gog"]

Ameer27

Here ya go..

Maybe your graphics card is shot this happened when I had nvidia GeForce 8800

Ameer27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ameer27

[QUOTE="Ameer27"]

[QUOTE="Gog"]

Mage_7

Here ya go..

Maybe your graphics card is shot this happened when I had nvidia GeForce 8800

Shot??!!! But it's new already... It can't get damaged in such short time. ِAlso, I never had any problems with any other games with this card.. So how it could be shot then?

dsgsdfgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dsgsdfgf
Member since 2005 • 1004 Posts

The only thing I can think of is trying some different drivers and see if it's a driver problem. There seems to be a couple of people that have had trouble playing the PoP games with the latest drivers.

Ameer27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ameer27

The only thing I can think of is trying some different drivers and see if it's a driver problem. There seems to be a couple of people that have had trouble playing the PoP games with the latest drivers.

dsgsdfgf

Yea that's what I thought to do.. I'll try, and will inform what will happen.

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts
I played a game called Far Cry and it was terribly foggy as well. I could only see about one or two feet in front of me. It's probably the game.
Ameer27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ameer27

I played a game called Far Cry and it was terribly foggy as well. I could only see about one or two feet in front of me. It's probably the game.brandontwb

Dude, do you even know Prince of Persia The Sands of Time? Cuz I really doubt it... No offense though.. but if you know it, then you sould check out the picture I posted (you'll find the link above) and you'll see if it's normal or no. In the picture there is only a blue and fuzzy screen, but there actually must be many trees.. Do you see the trees in this picture?

Go to this picture and compare them yourself..

http://www.mobygames.com/images/i/42/29/69279.jpeg

This is how it originaly must look.

Ameer27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ameer27

Whoohoo!!! Finally the game worked!! YES!!!! Thank you dsgsdfgf for your advice! You were right it was the new drivers, I installed older ones and it worked.. COOL!!

SemperFi10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 SemperFi10
Member since 2004 • 3139 Posts

Whoohoo!!! Finally the game worked!! YES!!!! Thank you dsgsdfgf for your advice! You were right it was the new drivers, I installed older ones and it worked.. COOL!!

Ameer27
Have fun and remember that your uncle is a jerk. Don't listen to him and don't let him do anything with the sands of time. You've been warned.
Ameer27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ameer27

[QUOTE="Ameer27"]

SemperFi10

Have fun and remember that your uncle is a jerk. Don't listen to him and don't let him do anything with the sands of time. You've been warned.

I really hope you weren't trying to be sarcastic...

FPRuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FPRuser
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Hello...Im a big prince of Persia fan!!! I have the nvidia 8800 and it seems to be creating this problem also...Don't know whats up with it but I want to re-play the original trilogy to keep me busy till I actually buy the new one... Can you explain what exactly did u do?
indipsingh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 indipsingh
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
just turn off the fog, the game will work like charm. You don't have to touch drivers. I also had this problem and solved it by turning the fog off. Graphic card: GTX 260(latest graphic drivers)