Post Here if you STILL have a HUGE Backlog of Games to Play

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

lol we all buy em cuz their cheap or buy em cuz they're cool and if you frustrate yourself with the many games you STILL have to play - post here. Haha. Cheers to the gamer and the addiction to having games and never running out of things to play. Hahaha.

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

I went on a game buying binge this year. I've lost count of how many games I still have left that I need to beat (much less play), but it's a lot. The biggest offender is Borderlands which I bought back in February or March and still have shrink wrapped (meant to play it with a friend but last semester left me with no free time so that didn't happen. He's since had his fill of the game and I have no one to play it with so it just sits there collecting dust :( ).

Tresca_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Tresca_
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts

I'm in that boat. Got my exams completed a couple of weeks ago and am now steaming through all the games I bought months ago. Worst thing is, I have an even larger wish list of games I have yet to purchase, not to mention older games I wouldn't mind replaying.

Damn PC gaming, it keeps throwing out the hook and I keep getting caught.

Vfanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Vfanek
Member since 2006 • 7719 Posts
I've got.. Deus Ex 2 (Just hasn't gripped me like the first did) Mafia 2 (Driving missions are godawful...) Penumbra Assassins Creed 2 (Get all the codexes, are you ****ing me?) Risen (Got bored, meh) STALKER COP (Started crashing at start, a reinstall without removing the saves might help. But I'm lazy) Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines (I'll finish it, eventually...) The Witcher (Overrated crap.. or I'm still waiting for it to become as good as it's made out to be) Yeah, I got enough to do over summer.
Lox_Cropek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 Lox_Cropek
Member since 2008 • 3555 Posts

I have 18 games that i didn't beat and i bought a new one last week. Please, someone stop me! :cry:

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9b4fe90f2f5
deactivated-5c9b4fe90f2f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5c9b4fe90f2f5
Member since 2009 • 1701 Posts

tomorrow i have my final exams and then finally i will be able to play all the games i have. i have about 26 games installed and most of them i haven't even finish the first mission yet because i had school and exams for the past 2 weeks, so im set for summer. :D

Empirefrtw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Empirefrtw
Member since 2006 • 1324 Posts

I have quite a few games I haven't played yet mainly just waiting for me to get in the mood to play them though rather then not having enough time.

krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#8 krazyorange
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts
It's ridiculous, I have over 100 games I haven't even played. But most are older games I've picked up for a dollar or two at Half Price Books or the Goodwill; goodies which were too great a deal to pass up like Emperor: Battle for Dune for $2...that sort of thing.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts

tomorrow i have my final exams and then finally i will be able to play all the games i have. i have about 26 games installed and most of them i haven't even finish the first mission yet because i had school and exams for the past 2 weeks, so im set for summer. :D

zahyr
Yeah, after four years of college the gaming backlog is just monstrous... and I keep adding to it by buying more of them!
Avatar image for spiderman120988
spiderman120988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#10 spiderman120988
Member since 2005 • 1421 Posts
It's the sandbox games that kill me! They got so much content so it takes a while to finish. I just brought Forgotten Sands on PC and I'm going through Prototype and Red Faction Guerrilla. On PS3, I'm playing FF13. Yea, I'm backed up on games right now that's an understatement! =D
Avatar image for mechwarrior_bob
mechwarrior_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 mechwarrior_bob
Member since 2006 • 1789 Posts

Mass Effect (need to replay for ME2, my saved games were wiped out in my hardware upgrade), WiC, Torchlight, ARMA 2, HOMMV (expansions only), and Hearts of Iron 3

and Dragon Age.

RedxSniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RedxSniper
Member since 2009 • 1097 Posts
I've got so many it's ridiculus. I bought over like 20 games during the holiday sales.
AequusLibra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AequusLibra
Member since 2009 • 409 Posts

Too many to mention.....steam is the sh!t.

Born_Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Born_Lucky
Member since 2003 • 1730 Posts

I still have to either start or finish - more than half of these.

http://www.gamespot.com/users/Born_Lucky/games_table?mode=own&sort=platform

It's insane.

dmb34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 dmb34
Member since 2004 • 1102 Posts
I go on buying sprees from time to time and have lots on the shelf that Ive started and never finished..YET!
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
Every time I look at my game backlog, I tell myself that if I'm ever in a car crash that leaves me bed-ridden for months, I'm going to be very grateful that I bought all these games! :P
sammysalsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sammysalsa
Member since 2004 • 1832 Posts

I can't resist picking up all of the amazing steam sales and as a result i have so many games i haven't even touched on my steam games list. Hopefully ill get time during my uni break.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5c9b4fe90f2f5

I still have to either start or finish - more than half of these.

http://www.gamespot.com/users/Born_Lucky/games_table?mode=own&sort=platform

It's insane.

Born_Lucky
thats a huge list, but its the same with me either i haven't start them or finish them.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

Over the past two weeks I've bought Splinter Cell 1, 3, 4, Conviction, DoW 2 plus expansion, Warfare.. a few weeks before that it was M&B Warband which I still haven't played enough of. I have sooo many games to play. But my buddy and I are having fun playing Titan Quest at the moment :) So I'll get to them eventually. I've been playing through Splinter Cell 1 on my off-time.. tough game compared to Conviction, but fun.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I've got loads of games in my backlog for various platforms. Some of the games in my PC backlog are Stalker SOC and CS, The Witcher, both Deus Ex games, Mass Effect, Cryostasis, Far Cry, Crysis Warhead, ArmA 2, SWAT 4... I also bought the Rockstar pack and Codemasters racing pack when they were on sale on Steam. Haven't really played any of the games in either pack, yet.
pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts

Guilty here. Posting in this thread.

Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Forerunner-117
Member since 2006 • 8800 Posts
Hmm, let's see. WarCraft 3 (I'm on the last mission, but after a few failed attempts I got frustrated and left it hanging lol) + Frozen Throne StarCraft + Brood Wars Company of Heroes + Opposing Fronts + Tales of Valor BioShock The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Mass Effect Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl + Clear Sky The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition Titan Quest + Immortal Throne Warhammer 40K Dawn of War + Winter Assault + Dark Crusade + Soulstorm Warhammer 40K Dawn of War II The Witcher Enhanced Edition Baldur's Gate II Ultimate Collection Rome: Total War Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Star Wars Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast Star Wars Empire at War Crysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5c9b4fe90f2f5
[QUOTE="zahyr"]

ChiliDragon
Yeah, after four years of college the gaming backlog is just monstrous... and I keep adding to it by buying more of them!

yea, i buy mostly of steam deals and on amazon you can find some games for $10-$20 and its such a good deal that i have to buy it and my collection of games keeps growing so much that i can't play all of them :(
RedxSniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RedxSniper
Member since 2009 • 1097 Posts

I'll add my list. Bioshock, Half life, HL: Blue shift, HL: Opposing force, Half-life 2, HL2: Ep 1, Ep2, Lost Coast, Hl2 Deathmatch, l4d, max payne 1, 2, KOTOR, mirror's edge, prince of persia, POp sands of time, pop the two thrones, pop the warrior within, stalker shadow of chernobyl, stalker clear sky, team fortress classic, s amorost2, mass efect, osmos, world of goo, shattered horizon , penumbra overture, lugaru, aquaria, gish. Crysis warhead and wars.

I haven't even touched those games yet.

G013M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 G013M
Member since 2006 • 6424 Posts
Sadly yes, I haven't even finished the Allied campaign on RA2 :lol:. But seriously, whilst I've been a lot better than I used to be (buying games before I finished the previous ones), recently I've been slowly building up a stockpile of half-finished games, which is a bit annoying, but at the same time, I'm somewhat lacking the time to finish them at the moment :(.
PolskaKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PolskaKing
Member since 2008 • 39592 Posts
I got tons. Unfortunately, my PC can't play them all but they were cheap!
simardbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 simardbrad
Member since 2004 • 2355 Posts

I've got.. Deus Ex 2 (Just hasn't gripped me like the first did) Mafia 2 (Driving missions are godawful...) Penumbra Assassins Creed 2 (Get all the codexes, are you ****ing me?) Risen (Got bored, meh) STALKER COP (Started crashing at start, a reinstall without removing the saves might help. But I'm lazy) Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines (I'll finish it, eventually...) The Witcher (Overrated crap.. or I'm still waiting for it to become as good as it's made out to be) Yeah, I got enough to do over summer.Vfanek

Mafia 2 isn't out for another 2 months, so I wonder how you know what the driving missions are like?

Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gamesterpheonix
I've got so many it's ridiculus. I bought over like 20 games during the holiday sales.RedxSniper
lol! Wow. Steam really does get us to buy eh? Haha. Gotta loves sales.
True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#29 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

Don't we all? I'm not even gonna list all my isos/ steam games that I haven't even installed due to my bandwidth cap.

JN_Fenrir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JN_Fenrir
Member since 2004 • 1551 Posts

Guilty. VERY guilty:

• Bioshock
  • Been There, Dan That + Time Gentlemen, Please!
  • Beyond Good & Evil
  • Dead Space
  • Defense Grid
  • Fallout 3 (I'm about halfway through)
  • Larva Mortus
  • The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom
  • Mr. Robot (started)
  • Penumbra series
  • Project Freedom
  • Psychonauts
  • Puzzle Quest
  • Sam & Max: Season One
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC + CS
  • Toki Tori
  • Torchlight

And those are just the games that can be "beaten". I've also got a handful of puzzle and arcade games sitting around collecting digital dust.

Damn you, Steam! :P

Royas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 Royas
Member since 2002 • 1448 Posts

My backlog is less in games I haven't played, and more in games I haven't finished. I'll get a game, play obsessively for a few days or weeks, then start another game. I have the attention span of a ferret on crack, and I have a really hard time buckling down and just finishing a game. I usually get back to the game later, but by that time I've forgotten the details of the game play and the storyline and feel I have to start over. It takes a pretty exceptional game for me to finish, I'm afraid. I call it a backlog, because I mean to get back to them and finish them... someday.

Darek_Khort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 Darek_Khort
Member since 2009 • 158 Posts

All those Sales just suck me in.
I am embarassed to say that I have 52 PS2 games that I have yet to even touch, and another 18 that I haven't finished yet.
On the PC side I have 30 games I have yet to start and 26 games I have yet to finish.

Just those sales, and worrying about games going out of print and out of stock; especially PS2 games. These days it is rare to find a good game I haven't got already in stores; most of them are just old trade bait and numerous copies of sports games.

And you know. When games like Crysis are just $20 (AUD) I just can't pass that up.

Caladfwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Caladfwich
Member since 2008 • 104 Posts

Same problem that Royas have here, my list isn't the problem, the issue is keeping my attention long enough to finish then all.

Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gamesterpheonix
I think its safe to say console gamers cant say they have backlogs unless they spend hordes of money - lol. We have Steam sales to create our backlogs. hahaha. Even more proof that PC gamin aint dead at all!
Peerbreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Peerbreed
Member since 2009 • 224 Posts
Sometimes I think Steam was invented just to make sure I always have a backlog. Stupid amazing sales that they have. This is what my backlog looks like. Borderlands (waiting to play it with my best friend) Deus Ex: Game of The Year Edition Dragon Age: Origins (slowly but surely I will beat this game) Half Life 2 (Plus episodes1&2) Portal Prototype (If my friends would stop saving of my game maybe I'd be done with it) Star Wars Battlefront (Even though I beat it on PS2 before) Star Wars Empire At War Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Star Wars Republic Commando Street Fighter IV Torchlight (I'm playing this now) Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines (I'm playing this now) Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising
Avatar image for deactivated-5a61a463b062f
deactivated-5a61a463b062f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5a61a463b062f
Member since 2010 • 274 Posts

Yep! There are plenty of games that are releasing in late 2010 and early 2011 that I'm extremely stoked for too! But first I have to finish all of the games below lols

Soo I'm playing Dragon Age, on my second play through, and have 3 other characters behind him. And I will take all of these characters through Awakening as well.

I have to beat mass effect so I can play mass effect 2.

I'm about halfway through Batman:AA.

I just bought SW:KotOR, never played the first one.

I started playing Deus Ex because I'm extremely excited about the 3rd one and I never beat the original.

I started playing the original fallout, probably 4 hours in.

And this week is exam week :/ and I still find myself playing hours and hours of video games. Blah I'm addicted :/

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Hundreds of games in backlog. Not that it worries me.
-Feath-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -Feath-
Member since 2005 • 1452 Posts
My exams finished two days ago, but I haven't started on my backlog because i was squeezing in all the Starcraft 2 Beta that I could. Now that it's over, i've started Super Mario Galaxy 2 but I have around 25 games that I want to play.
Avatar image for deactivated-61d91d42c39df
deactivated-61d91d42c39df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#39 deactivated-61d91d42c39df
Member since 2002 • 2741 Posts

I only buy games when I'm ready to play them.

realistically there's about 50 i'd like to buy but I've cut it down to about a dozen. It sucks but you have to be fairly picky.

then i'll get games that totally take up all my time. Like when I use to play WoW, I only bought like 2 games in 3 years cause I was playing WoW all the time.

that left me whith a huge backlog that i'll never clear.

honestly when diablo 3 comes out I can see that taking up basically all my game playing time for quite a while

jpph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 jpph
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts

yep, i have loads. once I'm finished the exams (in 2 weeks), I have to finish GTA 4 and start Assassins Creed 2 and Bioshock 2, Conviction, Episodes from Liberty City, and i cannot fricking wait!! not to mention watching the world cup and wimbledon

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#41 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4402 Posts

I'll go through and list off games I've played, but haven't beat - and games I've bought, but haven't even opened yet. This should be entertaining....

Games played, but I haven't beat:

1. Boiling Point: Road to Hell
  2. Brothers In Arms: Road to Hill 30
  3. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
  4. Call of Duty: World at War
  5. Company of Heroes
  6. Drakensang: The Dark Eye
  7. Diablo II (I always get close, but grow board by the end....I'll have to try again someday)
  8. Dragon Age Origin (I may have beat it....I don't remember, I'll have to check)
  9. Dragonshard
  10. Dungeon Lords
  11. Dungeon Siege II
  12. Morrowind + expansions (such a fun game, but I can't find the time to keep playing it)
  13. FEAR: Extraction Point
  14. Fallout Tactics
  15. Far Cry 2
  16. Forgotten Realm: Demon Stone
  17. Gods: Land of Infinity (bought it for $2.99 new, but the damn game won't install)
  18. Gothic 3
  19. Legendary (hard to beat a game that's so bad)
  20. The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth
  21. Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim
  22. Neverwinter Nights 2 (I keep starting over with new characters after I get about 3/4 through the game....I'll finish it one day)
  23. Nexus: The Jupiter Incident (Steam game, haven't played it much)
  24. Omikron: The Nomad Soul
  25. Painkiller: Gold Edition (Steam game)
  26. Pariah (last time I tried to play, had a lot of graphical & sound glitches - I'll have to try again with my new GPU and updated drivers)
  27. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire
  28. Space Hack (bought for $2.99....bad game, doubt I'll every play or even finish it)
  29. Star Wars: Empire at War
  30. Tom Clancy: Rainbow Six Vegas 2
  31. Two Worlds (just not my game, I can't get through it and probably never will)
  32. Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War: Winter Assualt
  33. Wizardy 8 (I like the game, just never finished it)

Games bought, but I haven't opened yet:

1. Age of Empires III (actually, this game came with something I bought - GPU or MB or something, but I never opened it)
  2. Brothers In Arms: Earned in Blood
  3. Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway
  4. Command & Conqure + all add-on games for it
  5. DarkStar One
  6. FEAR: Perseus Mandate
  7. Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods (waiting to play after I beat Gothic 3)
  8. Heroes of Might and Magic V (I might have one of the expansions for this game....I'll have to dig around)
  9. Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
  10. Medal of Honor: Allied Assualt
  11. Metro 2033
  12. Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer
  13. No One Lives Forever 2
  14. Sins of a Solar Empire
  15. SpellForce + all expansions
  16. SpellForce 2 + expansion
  17. Time Shift
  18. Tom Clancy: Rainbow Six Vegas (own the game on PC, but played through the game on my younger brother's Xbox in co-op)
  19. Turok

That's just from the list I have up in my profile for games I own. I have a handful more stored away that I haven't beat, but I'm too lazy to pull my box of games down to find which ones they are. I also have a good 18+ games on Steam that I haven't beat - though they are games my younger brother gifted to me because they were cheap/on sale.

I also do have a few older games that I haven't opened only because I had them in the past, but I did beat them. I just wanted the games back in my collection since my younger brother (this was years back) ended up wrecking a ton of my games after I went out to college for my Freshman year.

Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

I have about 30 or so games that I need to complete. Whats sad is, that I am still adding games to my collection. If I see a good deal, I act on it. So the list just keeps growing. :(

MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MagnumPI
Member since 2002 • 9617 Posts

I haven't been buying or playing any new games for the past five or six years. Haven't seen anything I want. It's all shooters with better graphics but no appeal. I think the shooters have been played out, they are as stale as the ole beat-em-up games.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58479 Posts

The number of games I have given up on simply to play other games is sickening lol.

I must have 10-20 games I have yet to beat, or at least see end-game content.

Tropico 3
Anno
Drakensang
and, the worst offender, Thief 3!

gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#45 gbrading
Member since 2005 • 8085 Posts

I still have a fair few games to get to, but not a huge backlog. Company of Heroes is one of those I should really get around to, and Dawn of War II. I do know of people who have taken full advantage of Steam sales and now have frankly too many games to play and not enough time to play them in though. :P

Come to think of it, I also need to play more STALKER.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
deactivated-5e376fa88bd45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
Member since 2004 • 4403 Posts

Currently Playing

GTAIV

Men of War

Command and Conquer 3(Scrin Campaign)

Unreal Tournament 3

Haven't touched

STALKER

Men of War Red Tide

Empire:Total War

Alpha Protocol

KOTOR II

Dawn of Discovery

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58479 Posts

I still have a fair few games to get to, but not a huge backlog. Company of Heroes is one of those I should really get around to, and Dawn of War II. I do know of people who have taken full advantage of Steam sales and now have frankly too many games to play and not enough time to play them in though. :P

Come to think of it, I also need to play more STALKER.

gbrading

yea that is what happened to me, around Christmas time lol.

I think between two bundles and like 10 ubercheap single games I have about 40 games I havent played through, and 10-20 of them are really worth it.

I really should get back to DoW II, but it was too hard for me once the aliens came lol.

SSBMFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

#48 SSBMFighter
Member since 2005 • 3797 Posts

Way too many. PC & console, I'm swamped. Maybe one day...but I started playing WoW so I doubt it.