This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS2to-the-end

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 PS2to-the-end
Member since 2007 • 240 Posts

Ok, here's the deal, I just got a new laptop for Christmas. It's supposedly a "gaming laptop". However, my first game for the laptop was Supreme Commander. It's a great game and runs well on my computer, but when the game really gets going (large scale battles, lots of on-screen movement ect.) the game slows down, the frame rate starts to stutter, the sound starts to stutter, and one time, it even shut the game down. I really enjoy the game, so i would really like for the game to run smoothly without any of these problems. I am willing to spend any amount of money to make my new laptop a true "gaming computer".

So here's what I'm running: An HP, running 64-bit Vista, an ATI Radeon graphics card, an AMD Turion X2Duo processor 64-bit, a 250gb hard drive, 4gb RAM, and a widescreen HD display that supports HDMI, having 1 HDMI port, 3 USB ports, a lightscribe enabled DVD/CD disc drive.

I need your help to make my laptop a true gaming machine.

So, what upgrades and changes can I make to my laptop to make it faster, better, and more powerful.

I havent made any downloads from the internet or anything like that, i just play supreme commander, and use the internet. im also very careful about the sites i get onto and i have norton internet security virus protection and i am planning to change over to Avast.

what would you get? help plz! :D

harrisi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 harrisi17
Member since 2004 • 4010 Posts

What exactly is your Radeon graphics card (model), this is most important.

I would have gotten a desktop for gaming as there is no real 'gaming laptop'

Greyskies87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Greyskies87
Member since 2007 • 123 Posts
Theres not a whole lot you can do as far as upgrading it, youre pretty much stuck. Alot of people are gonna tell you that theres no such thing as a gaming laptop, and theyre right. To play games well you need a powerful videocard, and their big. They dont fit into laptops. Thats why laptops come with "mobile" versions of the chipset, their smaller, but they just wont perform as well.
Synesthesia-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Synesthesia-
Member since 2008 • 62 Posts
If you want to play newer games, you're going to need a desktop PC.
Subcritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Subcritical
Member since 2004 • 2286 Posts
Trying to use a laptop for gaming limits what you can do, and there is really no upgrade that will make the situtation better.
eddy96_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 eddy96_1
Member since 2003 • 1388 Posts

try turning off antivirus programs whilst playing games and yea making the move from norton to avast is a good move

go to the hp website and download the latest ati drivers that they hav for your laptop.... should be in the download or support section

update windows through windows update

download the latest supreme commander patches

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

try turning off antivirus programs whilst playing games and yea making the move from norton to avast is a good move

go to the hp website and download the latest ati drivers that they hav for your laptop.... should be in the download or support section

update windows through windows update

download the latest supreme commander patches

eddy96_1
^THIS is about all that you can do..
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts
Pimp My PC

PS2to-the-end

Sorry, we don't do that kind of thang here.

Astaroth2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Astaroth2k
Member since 2006 • 877 Posts
laptop?...you failed the first hurdle my friend.