This topic is locked from further discussion.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Ok guys, so i'm happy to say that i've found myself with some spare cash, and since i've been in a gaming drought i need something to play and desperately.

Now for me the obvious choice would be The Witcher 2 since i enjoy RPGs, but is there something else out there worth mentioning? Maybe a hidden title somewhere. Thanks

creaturemagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 creaturemagic
Member since 2010 • 641 Posts

Well what do you already own? Just a small list of popular games will allow me to reccomend you games you havn't played.

woonsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 woonsa
Member since 2008 • 6322 Posts
definitely get witcher 2. RPG of the year rivaled only by skyrim.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

definitely get witcher 2. RPG of the year rivaled only by skyrim.woonsa
*cough* Dark Souls

creaturemagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 creaturemagic
Member since 2010 • 641 Posts

While we are on the PC forum, Witcher 2 > Skyrim. Bethesda stated that the PC version wouldn't be as good as the console version and would be a port.

Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts

[QUOTE="woonsa"]definitely get witcher 2. RPG of the year rivaled only by skyrim.creaturemagic

While we are on the PC forum, Witcher 2 > Skyrim. Bethesda stated that the PC version wouldn't be as good as the console version and would be a port.

Lol, where the hell did you hear that bs? PC is the only version that #1 gets the construction kit which basically makes these games last years and years. #2 has all the perks of being on the PC ( smoother fps, better resolution, higher textures ) #3 It's played on a keyboard and mouse which it was designed for! Seriously.

The games are built to functions on consoles yes. Even The Witcher 2 was created to be put on consoles. The HOLE new engine they made for TW2 was built the way it is too be on consoles aswell!

And not once did they EVER say the PC version was a "port" or "not as good"

On topic : I'd say some nice hidden gem RPG's you could grab are Drakensang and Divinity II. Vampire the masquerade bloodlines and NWN2+MOTB are also awesome games if you have not played them yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

Can I borrow your time machine to play Guild Wars 2?

The Witcher 2 is the best RPG this year if that is the genre you want. If you want something a bit older check out Guild Wars if you haven't.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BattleSpectre

Well what do you already own? Just a small list of popular games will allow me to reccomend you games you havn't played.

creaturemagic

Oh yes my apologies, i forgot to mention what i already own. These are the games i currently have:

Crysis collection (Crysis, Crysis Warhead and Crysis Wars), Crysis 2, Batman Arkham Asylum, Team Fortress 2, Test Drive Unlimited 2, Oblivion, Bioshock 2, Stalker: Call of Pripyat and Fallout New Vegas.

But i think im going to go for the Witcher 2, i've been wanting this game for a long time.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BattleSpectre

Also thanks for all the comments guys, i will check out some of those games you recommended.

Nenn88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Nenn88
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I saw you didnt list Fallout 3 at all, thats a very good game aswell :> Also since the vampire the masquerade is on sale on steam, you should get it http://store.steampowered.com/app/2600/ Divinity 2 dragon knight saga is alot of fun to play (You can be a dragon and fly around wheee). I also thought Fable 3 was alot of fun, so thats an option aswell :)
Drazule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Drazule
Member since 2007 • 8693 Posts

[QUOTE="woonsa"]definitely get witcher 2. RPG of the year rivaled only by skyrim.creaturemagic

Why would a developer ever say that, even if it were true?

xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

I'm sorry, but the witcher 2 kind of sucks. Especially the second half of it. And it's linear and has invisible walls.

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

[QUOTE="creaturemagic"]

BattleSpectre

Oh yes my apologies, i forgot to mention what i already own. These are the games i currently have:

Crysis collection (Crysis, Crysis Warhead and Crysis Wars), Crysis 2, Batman Arkham Asylum, Team Fortress 2, Test Drive Unlimited 2, Oblivion, Bioshock 2, Stalker: Call of Pripyat and Fallout New Vegas.

But i think im going to go for the Witcher 2, i've been wanting this game for a long time.

lol maaaaaaan, how come you didnt buy a few games during the Steam Sales? Or did you and beat them all? Anyway, theres - Darksiders, Assassins Creed 1-2.75, Divinity 2 The Dragon Knight Saga (loving that game right now), apparently people are saying Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines is good and its on sale for $5 right now. Uh...theres also Bad Company 2 - always on sale, EyE is apparently good, Starcraft 2 is always good, you could also go buy yourself the Humble Indie Bundle #3 - theres a few good games in there. Gamersgate.com - Having a big sale Direct2Drive.com - Having a sale too - however mediocre it and the site is. Ea.com's - Origin is having a PC download sale. Games are like $5.
thesaracen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 thesaracen123
Member since 2009 • 139 Posts

Get The Witcher 2 and Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines while it's on sale (For $5, you can't go wrong)

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BattleSpectre

To anyone that is wondering, i just came home from work and on the way back i picked up Witcher 2. I honestly can't wait to play it. So you won't be seeing me on the forums for a while. :D

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

To anyone that is wondering, i just came home from work and on the way back i picked up Witcher 2. I honestly can't wait to play it. So you won't be seeing me on the forums for a while. :D

BattleSpectre
Since I won't be seeing you for a while, did you ever buy Alice Madness Returns? It's so awesome!
guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 guildclaws
Member since 2009 • 7921 Posts

Fallout New Vegas!

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Elann2008

Fallout New Vegas!

guildclaws
I just purchased it recently (finally!), and I finally booted it up earlier today and I'm having a blast. For some reason, I'm liking it more than Fallout 3 already. Even though Fallout 3 was really, really good. :)
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BattleSpectre

[QUOTE="BattleSpectre"]

Elann2008

Since I won't be seeing you for a while, did you ever buy Alice Madness Returns? It's so awesome!

Oh my goodness, The Witcher 2 is one of the most amazing games i've played. It sucks that it's a weekday and i can't be up all night playing it :P

And man i'm ashamed to say this, but no i never got the chance to pick up Alice. Since you've given it the thumbs up tho i'll check it out for sure. And i'm glad to see that you're enjoying New Vegas, i definitely liked it more then Fallout 3.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="BattleSpectre"]

BattleSpectre

Oh my goodness, The Witcher 2 is one of the most amazing games i've played. It sucks that it's a weekday and i can't be up all night playing it :P

And man i'm ashamed to say this, but no i never got the chance to pick up Alice. Since you've given it the thumbs up tho i'll check it out for sure. And i'm glad to see that you're enjoying New Vegas, i definitely liked it more then Fallout 3.

Sweet. I'm glad you're enjoying TW2. I bought Red Faction: Armageddon as well and I thought it would suck but boy, is it fun. :) Another good game to pick up. As for Alice, it's awesome. Easily one of my favorite games this year.
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BattleSpectre

[QUOTE="BattleSpectre"]

[QUOTE="Elann2008"] Since I won't be seeing you for a while, did you ever buy Alice Madness Returns? It's so awesome!Elann2008

Sweet. I'm glad you're enjoying TW2. I bought Red Faction: Armageddon as well and I thought it would suck but boy, is it fun. :) Another good game to pick up. As for Alice, it's awesome. Easily one of my favorite games this year.

Thanks man, i couldn't wait to finish work to play some more haha, i'll be booting it up really soon.

And for Alice to be your favourite game of this year, it must be really great, i shall pick it up next.

Avatar image for poovannaorcbane
poovannaorcbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 poovannaorcbane
Member since 2009 • 543 Posts

[QUOTE="woonsa"]definitely get witcher 2. RPG of the year rivaled only by skyrim.Fightingfan

*cough* Dark Souls

*cough* thats ps3 exclusive *COUGH* i think he was talking about pc games well i would recommend dead space 2 and portal 2 and witcher 2 and crysis 2 so far this year these were the best games FOR PC IMO
woonsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 woonsa
Member since 2008 • 6322 Posts
*cough* thats ps3 exclusive *COUGH* i think he was talking about pc games well i would recommend dead space 2 and portal 2 and witcher 2 and crysis 2 so far this year these were the best games FOR PC IMO poovannaorcbane
Crysis 2? For PC? lol That game's a joke.

[QUOTE="woonsa"]definitely get witcher 2. RPG of the year rivaled only by skyrim.Fightingfan

*cough* Dark Souls

That game only appeal to certain niche.
jeffrey0785

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jeffrey0785
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
i lost ed-e while playing fallout new vegas. he is not dead and i can still use his perks but i cannot find him. please help me, what do i do? i need the things he is carying
SteamedBennet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SteamedBennet
Member since 2011 • 534 Posts
Limbo came out on steam today, so if you missed it on xbox, that would be worth looking into.
sami117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sami117
Member since 2008 • 650 Posts

*cough* Dark Souls

nope... Dark souls looks cool, but Geralt is cooler...

VeryBumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 VeryBumpy
Member since 2008 • 1718 Posts

E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy is getting huge praise from the PC crowd. Check it out.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#28 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Mass Effect 1 and 2 sound pretty obvious.

Mortos13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#29 Mortos13
Member since 2010 • 304 Posts

Revenge of the Titans is an amazing indie game.

But if youre more for a shooter game, Id say killing floor and Team Fortress 2 (TF2 is free)

gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gamerguy845
Member since 2007 • 2074 Posts

Bethesda would never admit they the PC version would be worse.
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BattleSpectre

Sorry for my absence guys, and no to anyone wondering i'm not dead :P. I've just been drawn into the Witcher 2's world. This is the best RPG i've ever played, this game is out of this world. I wish i was a witcher myself...

twistedface12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 twistedface12
Member since 2011 • 227 Posts

Ok guys, so i'm happy to say that i've found myself with some spare cash, and since i've been in a gaming drought i need something to play and desperately.

Now for me the obvious choice would be The Witcher 2 since i enjoy RPGs, but is there something else out there worth mentioning? Maybe a hidden title somewhere. Thanks

BattleSpectre
just wait for battlefield 3 or skyrim
heatfanman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 heatfanman101
Member since 2008 • 2877 Posts

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

[QUOTE="woonsa"]definitely get witcher 2. RPG of the year rivaled only by skyrim.poovannaorcbane

*cough* Dark Souls

*cough* thats ps3 exclusive *COUGH* i think he was talking about pc games well i would recommend dead space 2 and portal 2 and witcher 2 and crysis 2 so far this year these were the best games FOR PC IMO

It isn't a ps3 exclusive, it's just not on the PC.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Put a W before the RPG and I agree :P But yeah, you can't go wrong with witcher 2