PC snubbed yet again by EA, Madden 10 PC cancelled

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

#1 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

Many of you may have already known this but I just heard. I was looking forward to Madden's return to the PC, and yet again screwed by EA. I hate this company with a passion and am seriously considering cancelling my Warhammer subscription over this. It's not just that they stopped putting it out, but their hostage taking of the NFL license keeps anyone else from putting an NFL PC game out as well. This gets me more than anything. Been playing football games on the PC since the old football pro series, screw you EA that you arerobbing me of that now.

siddarthshetty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 siddarthshetty
Member since 2008 • 9463 Posts

I was checking the new releases and found this game was not included for PC its very disappointing indeed..

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#3 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Maybe not enough people were buying it on PC? I don't play sports games on the PC myself - but I would gladly breakout the REAL basketball and we could shoot some hoops together!! A little one on one, base court, mano to mano!! Watch out for the shack attack!!
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Someone actually buys NFL games for PC?
V4SKUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 V4SKUNK
Member since 2009 • 137 Posts

I have no idea why any one would one to play an EA PS2 port on PC.

Each to there own.........

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

I have travel the Galaxy and now a Lord, a Sith Lord. There are much more important commodities in the deepest of Space...

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

Frankly, I've never seen the point of sports games; I would honestly rather just play the real thing with a group of friend. To each his own though.

On topic, that is bad news... they made a semi-big deal about the games returning to PC didn't they?

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#8 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

Frankly, I've never seen the point of sports games; I would honestly rather just play the real thing with a group of friend. To each his own though.

On topic, that is bad news... they made a semi-big deal about the games returning to PC didn't they?

psn8214

You've never seen the point yet its bad news? I think you should join us and shoot some hoops!!

pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts

I'm more of a baseball man myself...

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 psn8214

[QUOTE="psn8214"]

biggest_loser

You've never seen the point yet its bad news? I think you should join us and shoot some hoops!!

Haha, I'm not a basketball person myself, just never really got into it. I would much rather play football or soccer.

This is bad news for the people anticipating the game, not necessarily me :P .

IMaBIOHAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IMaBIOHAZARD
Member since 2008 • 1464 Posts
I think it's fairly simple why EA isn't going to release Madden 10 for PC. Think about it; HOW MANY pc gamers were REALLY holding their breath for the release of a sports game ? I love Football, but I wasn't that disappointed to hear about this.
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#13 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

It is understandable why some would not get why I am angry over this. Undestand this, I do not and do not care to own a console. I am a PC gamer, I have been since 1993 and I will be until I do not care to be anymore. I have tried the console thing, was not for me. I have played football games on the PC since Football Pro 95 and that is how I like it. Period. As I said, I can understand that EA is making a business decision in that it may not be worth it to them to cater to the PC market when they make so much in consoles, why bother? My ultimate problem is their monopoly on the NFL license. If you don't want to make NFL football PC games anymore, fine, that is your business. To keep other companies from filling that void is plain wrong and it pisses me off.

My love/hate relationship with EA has been long standing, for years they were treating PC users like stepchildren by improving the console versions and giving the PC users the same old rehashed crap with a new roster. Now they cast us aside altogether.

Truth is, if they would never have teased us with the prospect of Madden returning to the PC this year this post does not get written. As if they had not screwed us enough they got us excited about Madden returning only to cancel right before release.

Screw you EA, I am going from submitting this post straight to cancel my Warhammer sub. Any future game I buy from this company will need to be irresistable.

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts
Is it they are treating us like a step child, or is it PC gamers are snubbing EA and their games? Judging by the responses in this thread, I'd say the latter. If EA could release the game on PC and make a profit they would...trouble is it doesn't seem like they can so they don't. If the reason is the games are crap (or PC gamers don't care about madden) and wouldn't sell anyways or is due to piracy can be debated...personally I believe the answer is somewhere in the middle.
denter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 denter21
Member since 2003 • 1283 Posts
[QUOTE="dnuggs40"]Is it they are treating us like a step child, or is it PC gamers are snubbing EA and their games? Judging by the responses in this thread, I'd say the latter. If EA could release the game on PC and make a profit they would...trouble is it doesn't seem like they can so they don't. If the reason is the games are crap (or PC gamers don't care about madden) and wouldn't sell anyways or is due to piracy can be debated...personally I believe the answer is somewhere in the middle.

EA gets snubbed by PC Sports gamers because the product they push out is a third-rate hack port of the console versions. Look at the advancements made in the NHL series on console compared to PC. Fans of the NHL series on PC have been playing pretty much the same game since 1998. Z X C SPACEBAR One-timer goal.
tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts

sport games suck anyway so i don't see why it matters if you want sports go outside

denter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 denter21
Member since 2003 • 1283 Posts

sport games suck anyway so i don't see why it matters if you want sports go outside

tony2077ca
Another brilliant and insightful comment. You sir are a contributor!
dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dnuggs40
[QUOTE="denter21"][QUOTE="dnuggs40"]Is it they are treating us like a step child, or is it PC gamers are snubbing EA and their games? Judging by the responses in this thread, I'd say the latter. If EA could release the game on PC and make a profit they would...trouble is it doesn't seem like they can so they don't. If the reason is the games are crap (or PC gamers don't care about madden) and wouldn't sell anyways or is due to piracy can be debated...personally I believe the answer is somewhere in the middle.

EA gets snubbed by PC Sports gamers because the product they push out is a third-rate hack port of the console versions. Look at the advancements made in the NHL series on console compared to PC. Fans of the NHL series on PC have been playing pretty much the same game since 1998. Z X C SPACEBAR One-timer goal.

I only played Madden 2003 on the PC, but it certainly wasn't a "third rate hack port". For the others I don't know but maybe if the quality has dropped it might be due to EA knowing they can't invest too much in the port because they don't sell that many anyways. And now, it just isn't worth it at all.
Avatar image for i_saw_a_mudcrab
i_saw_a_mudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 i_saw_a_mudcrab
Member since 2007 • 1015 Posts

Who cares?

tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tony2077ca
[QUOTE="tony2077ca"]

denter21
Another brilliant and insightful comment. You sir are a contributor!

yours isn't much better
HenriH-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#21 HenriH-42
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

tony2077ca

Strangely enough, I agree with you.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 psn8214

[QUOTE="tony2077ca"]

HenriH-42

:?

Me too. I just never saw the appeal.

tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tony2077ca

[QUOTE="HenriH-42"]

[QUOTE="tony2077ca"]

psn8214

wow glad i'm not the only one
weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#24 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts

I'm not a sports fan outside of actual sports, but when I play them... I prefer it on my console in a big high-def screen with friends. I would never consider buying one for the PC. Maybe I'm not the only one.

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

[QUOTE="HenriH-42"]

[QUOTE="tony2077ca"]

psn8214

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-jHePE6m1Y

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dnuggs40

[QUOTE="HenriH-42"]

[QUOTE="tony2077ca"]

psn8214

Thought it was pretty obvious...when was the last time you got to go out and play in your local NFL league? The appeal of sports games is the same as any other game...
TMallory2482

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TMallory2482
Member since 2007 • 264 Posts

EA puts out sloppy PS2 ports instead of a dedicated PC game (or even a 360/PS3 port), and wonder why people don't buy it.

It's a mystery.

MrWednesday14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MrWednesday14
Member since 2009 • 386 Posts
[QUOTE="psn8214"]

[QUOTE="HenriH-42"]

dnuggs40

Thought it was pretty obvious...when was the last time you got to go out and play in your local NFL league? The appeal of sports games is the same as any other game...

Real sports>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sports game
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
it's okay. most pc gamers snubb madden anyway ;)
dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dnuggs40

[QUOTE="dnuggs40"][QUOTE="psn8214"]

MrWednesday14

Real sports>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sports game

lol...let me know when you get into the NFL, ok?

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Who cares? Madden games have never been popular on the pc.. And to be perfectly frank as a PC gamer, it is clearly better on the console if it held the typical pc game design.. That being no local multiplayer.. Not to mention the online community for the console will be clearly larger..
dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dnuggs40
^ I agree with this. Madden is definitely more suited to sitting next to a bud playing on a huge TV. Beer and chips also help :P
pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts

^ I agree with this. Madden is definitely more suited to sitting next to a bud playing on a huge TV. Coke chips also help :Pdnuggs40

You have no idea :lol:

Philmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Philmon
Member since 2003 • 1454 Posts
NA is the weakest PC games market Madden's major market is in NA. It kind of makes sense that EA is not releasing Madden on PC.
ManicAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#35 ManicAce
Member since 2009 • 3267 Posts

I don't mind, if I wanted to play EA sports games I'd pick up a 360 arcade or something. But I don't and neither do most PC only gamers, which is why they don't sell well on PC and why they have no obligation to keep making them.

I'd rather have EA concentrate on games that actually have a market on PC even if it means snuffing out stuff like Madden. Spore, Warhammer, Sims3, CnC4 are some of the biggest PC exclusives this gen so they've done good as far as I've concerned, even their ports have been hella good lately.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 psn8214

I don't mind, if I wanted to play EA sports games I'd pick up a 360 arcade or something. But I don't and neither do most PC only gamers, which is why they don't sell well on PC and why they have no obligation to keep making them.

I'd rather have EA concentrate on games that actually have a market on PC even if it means snuffing out stuff like Madden. Spore, Warhammer, Sims3, CnC4 are some of the biggest PC exclusives this gen so they've done good as far as I've concerned, even their ports have been hella good lately.

ManicAce

This is the truth.

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
[QUOTE="dnuggs40"]Is it they are treating us like a step child, or is it PC gamers are snubbing EA and their games? Judging by the responses in this thread, I'd say the latter. If EA could release the game on PC and make a profit they would...trouble is it doesn't seem like they can so they don't. If the reason is the games are crap (or PC gamers don't care about madden) and wouldn't sell anyways or is due to piracy can be debated...personally I believe the answer is somewhere in the middle.denter21

Not that many people care about sports games on PC. For one sports are local multiplayer and requires a controller. The vast majority of us sit at a pc desk so playing these on consoles is a much better option. EA could put out the best quality Madden game and the majority wouldn't care.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

[QUOTE="denter21"][QUOTE="dnuggs40"]Is it they are treating us like a step child, or is it PC gamers are snubbing EA and their games? Judging by the responses in this thread, I'd say the latter. If EA could release the game on PC and make a profit they would...trouble is it doesn't seem like they can so they don't. If the reason is the games are crap (or PC gamers don't care about madden) and wouldn't sell anyways or is due to piracy can be debated...personally I believe the answer is somewhere in the middle.Deihmos

Not that many people care about sports games on PC. For one sports are local multiplayer and requires a controller. The vast majority of us sit at a pc desk so playing these on consoles is a much better option. EA could put out the best quality Madden game and the majority wouldn't care.

Yeah that's why Fifa is the most popular online sports game on PC (thousands of players, not hundreds) local multiplayer is fun, but we shouldn't throw aside the online multiplayer just to make points about how awesome sports games are on consoles, that's stupid and about the controller it's debatable, I prefer a controller but some play it just fine on a keyboard.

Even tho FIFA doesn't change much every year (except 09, that was a total overhaul), it's pretty much the best sports game they port on PC, PGA is good too but it's not that popular and NHL is crap, there was a time when I was a huge NHL fan, but after 05 I just couldn't take it, they made it worse every year at least they improve Fifa even if it's just a little.

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts

EA puts out sloppy PS2 ports instead of a dedicated PC game (or even a 360/PS3 port), and wonder why people don't buy it.

It's a mystery.

TMallory2482
It's sort of the other way around. People stopped buying it, so they started releasing third-rates ports and people wondered why. If there was money or even a consistent profit in it, they would be all over it. But there isn't.
G013M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 G013M
Member since 2006 • 6424 Posts
My ultimate problem is their monopoly on the NFL license. If you don't want to make NFL football PC games anymore, fine, that is your business. To keep other companies from filling that void is plain wrong and it pisses me off.vfibsux
Wasn't it the case that the NFL ended up only allowing one licensee, and forced all the other game companies to bid on it? Hence EA was the company who managed to outbid the others, and win the license; and therefore, it isn't really their fault if the NFL doesn't give any other game company a license. That's all from memory though, so I could be wrong on that account.
mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
The only sports game that matters on the PC are Football Manager-type of games.
PTMags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PTMags
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

Expecting poor sales, EA pulls the pirating card. Nothing new.

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
[QUOTE="vfibsux"]My ultimate problem is their monopoly on the NFL license. If you don't want to make NFL football PC games anymore, fine, that is your business. To keep other companies from filling that void is plain wrong and it pisses me off.G013M
Wasn't it the case that the NFL ended up only allowing one licensee, and forced all the other game companies to bid on it? Hence EA was the company who managed to outbid the others, and win the license; and therefore, it isn't really their fault if the NFL doesn't give any other game company a license. That's all from memory though, so I could be wrong on that account.

Yeah, the NFL got sick of the competition amongst their own games, and just said 'show us what you've got.' It wasn't even much of a money bidding war, more about the games and what was being done with them.
ministerpaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#44 ministerpaul
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Ea sports have been for the last few Madden games, porting poor console replicas instead of utilizing the PC's massive unlimited power. Unfortunately Microsoft/EA probably hopes PC gamers will spend money on the Xbox 360/PS3 consoles and shell out $60 bucks to play Madden 10. PC gamers should organize a boycott of all EA games no matter how popular they are.

dont-read-this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dont-read-this
Member since 2009 • 825 Posts
I don't think there's more than two people buying this game for PC. An american sport an the PC don't go together.
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
Madden was never popular on PC. Never. You kinda set yourself up for the disappointment.
madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#47 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts
Screw EA Sports games. I've never played the Madden games, buy I was tricked into buying FIFA 09 PC last year. Never again. EA Sports sucks. Just forget about it and move on.
dmb34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#48 dmb34
Member since 2004 • 1102 Posts
Madden was never popular on PC. Never. You kinda set yourself up for the disappointment.mo0ksi
not exactly true, ive been playing madden on pc since about 1998 and until about 2006 the pc version was a tad better compared to it's console counterparts especially graphics wise. Pc gamers gave up because the game basically stopped advancing after the xbox 360 hit the streets, however there are people still playing and modding 2008.
washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 washd123
Member since 2003 • 3418 Posts

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]Madden was never popular on PC. Never. You kinda set yourself up for the disappointment.dmb34
not exactly true, ive been playing madden on pc since about 1998 and until about 2006 the pc version was a tad better compared to it's console counterparts especially graphics wise. Pc gamers gave up because the game basically stopped advancing after the xbox 360 hit the streets, however there are people still playing and modding 2008.

its still never been popular.

but its sad to see it go especially when 2k continues to support the pc. hopefully EA will lose its monopoly soon

guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 guildclaws
Member since 2009 • 7921 Posts

i hate sports games.