PC gaming controllers or gaming keyboards

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xx_AxL_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Xx_AxL_xX
Member since 2007 • 179 Posts
Are gaming controllers good? Or is it easier and better to just get a gaming keyboard instead?
blackstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 blackstar
Member since 2004 • 1252 Posts
Go for gaming keyboards. A good gaming keyboard as of now is the Logitech G15 version 2.
NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
I just use my Model M. If I were to get a keyboard substitute, though, it would be the old Microsoft SideWinder Strategic Commander. It allows for analog movement in FPS games while still having plenty of buttons for various actions, and it leaves your right hand free to use a mouse.
Toyeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Toyeboy
Member since 2005 • 1133 Posts

it depends on what type of game it is....

for First Person Shooters, there's nothing better than a keyboard and mouse IMO.

But for anyracing games on my PC, I use my 360 controller, so much better than a keyboard IMO.

Xx_AxL_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Xx_AxL_xX
Member since 2007 • 179 Posts
Well, I need it mostly for FPS games and recently I've been playing a certain MMORPG(silkroad) that doesn't allow me to use the W,A,D,S to move, and it's been kinda uncomfortable using the normal Up,Down,Left,and Right keys. So basically, I'm looking for a controller/keyboard that would be good for FPS(mainly) and any other kind of game excluding the casual ones.
Robspace1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Robspace1
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Can anyone tell me what gamepad works with GUN for pc? I have a new Logitech Dual Action thats not working. It has all the required amount of buttons and is not recognized when I start the game. Anyone tell me a gamepad to try? thanks
Lehman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lehman
Member since 2005 • 2512 Posts

it depends on what type of game it is....

for First Person Shooters, there's nothing better than a keyboard and mouse IMO.

But for anyracing games on my PC, I use my 360 controller, so much better than a keyboard IMO.

Toyeboy

100% agree

Thinker_145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Thinker_145
Member since 2007 • 2546 Posts

If you play a variety of games on your PC you would definitely need both.I dont see the point in not.

However getting a gaming keyboard is not necessary at all.In my opinion a high quality gamepad and mouse is essential.

If you are a PC "only" gamer than you ought to have a good quality gamepad.

SearchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SearchMaster
Member since 2005 • 7243 Posts

Gaming controller for PC is useful for console gamers who just moved to PC gaming world. It helps them to be more fimilar with gaming on PC that akeyboard or mouse