PC game recommendations required

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ps3hdalltime
Member since 2012 • 427 Posts

I purchased a pc today with this rig

i7 3.4gz 6700 6th generation

16 gb ddr4 kingston hyper x

4 gb ddr5 asus nvidia gtx 960

120 kingston ssd

1 tb western digital

windows 7 ultimate sp1 64 bit

crosair H60 liquid cooler

crosair vs 650 watts powersupply

k380 cooler master cabinet

asus dvd writer

dell monitor 21.5" 224l ips panel

So folks recommend me top games that will run smoothly on my pc and are pc games available with physical dvds or just digital code (i would prefer physical dvds coz my bandwidth in my region is not very high)

Previously i was only a ps3 gamer (still have many ps3 discs in my backlog)

The witcher 3 is gonna be my first must by, then the must have games i want you'll to recommend.

Thank you

Help appreciated.

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

@ps3hdalltime: the following series metro, mass effect, dragon age, witcher, fallout, stalker, crysis, bioshock, total war, dawn of war. some stand alone titles life is strange, singularity, i am alive

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

well you dont need a beast rig....but if you want to try pc exclusives

there is dota, league of legends. world of warcraft, world of tanks,minecraft, elder scrolls online, final fantasy realm reborn, counter strike, team fortress 2, left 4 dead 2,

there is lots of zombie games too...dayz, state of decay

primal carnage is cool dinosaur multiplayer game on pc...

as for beast rig....

basically the same games you can get on ps3 and ps4.....except now you can play them at 60fps.... go to steam and pick all those old and new ps3/ps4 games and put them in your steam wantlist....they will notify you by email when its on sale.....or you can go to G2A and buy the game new and old at discount (maybe developers will not see your money though)

if you have trouble adjusting to keyboard...you can get one of these https://world.splitfish.com/fragfx-game-controllers/fragfx-fragchuck-pc-mac.html its what i use. i love it :P

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@ps3hdalltime: Depends on the genre, I would recommend on Diablo 3

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ps3hdalltime

@urbangamez said:

@ps3hdalltime: the following series metro, mass effect, dragon age, witcher, fallout, stalker, crysis, bioshock, total war, dawn of war. some stand alone titles life is strange, singularity, i am alive

So pal i have metro last light, mass effect 2 n 3, dragon age, crysis, bioshock for my ps3 n few of them i havent played yet n lots of them 100% completion is left. Will be checking out total war, dawn of war, life is strange. Thanks for your help buddy.

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ps3hdalltime

@PredatorRules said:

@ps3hdalltime: Depends on the genre, I would recommend on Diablo 3

Any gnere would do as along a s it is entertaining and addictive. Thanks btw.

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ps3hdalltime

@KBFloYd said:

there is dota, league of legends. world of warcraft, world of tanks,minecraft, elder scrolls online, final fantasy realm reborn, counter strike, team fortress 2, left 4 dead 2,

as for beast rig....

basically the same games you can get on ps3 and ps4.....except now you can play them at 60fps.... go to steam and pick all those old and new ps3/ps4 games and put them in your steam wantlist....they will notify you by email when its on sale.....or you can go to G2A and buy the game new and old at discount (maybe developers will not see your money though)

if you have trouble adjusting to keyboard...you can get one of these https://world.splitfish.com/fragfx-game-controllers/fragfx-fragchuck-pc-mac.html its what i use. i love it :P

Dota and world of warcraft seem to be old but will give elder scrolls online a try. Thanks for your help.

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ps3hdalltime

Will need for speed 2015/dark souls 3 lag on my config coz my system surpasses the minimum requirements but it doesnt match the recommended system requirements only in one thing ie the game requires gtx 970(4gb ddr5) mine is gtx 960(4gb ddr5). So will it run smoothly or will it lag. Thanks.

whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 whitey_rolls
Member since 2006 • 2547 Posts

I assume you bought that computer vs. built it. I never understood the reasoning behind how companies build their "gaming pc's", put in a super powerful CPU with a mediocre GPU.

Yes, yes, yes the 960 is still good but wouldn't he be better off with a I5 6600 and a 1060 gtx? or even better 1070?

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ps3hdalltime

@whitey_rolls said:

I assume you bought that computer vs. built it. I never understood the reasoning behind how companies build their "gaming pc's", put in a super powerful CPU with a mediocre GPU.

Yes, yes, yes the 960 is still good but wouldn't he be better off with a I5 6600 and a 1060 gtx? or even better 1070?

Thanks buddy. but heres my real story. i am studying animation. so fro my studies i had to build this rig n since i love playing games (upyill now used to game only on console ie ps3) so i thought why not give this rig(pc ) a try for games. I just dont want any lag coz in my console ps3 it never did give any lag. so should i close and buy need for speed 2015 for this rig? and ya the gpu i selected was all that i could fit into my budget coz pc componenets are quite expensive in my region. Thanks again

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

@ps3hdalltime said:

Will need for speed 2015/dark souls 3 lag on my config coz my system surpasses the minimum requirements but it doesnt match the recommended system requirements only in one thing ie the game requires gtx 970(4gb ddr5) mine is gtx 960(4gb ddr5). So will it run smoothly or will it lag. Thanks.

dont know about need for speed but dark souls 3 should at least run well, dropping some shadows etc could get you 60fps on 1080p as a friend of mine plays it on 370 which is considerably weaker than 960

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ps3hdalltime

@howmakewood said:
@ps3hdalltime said:

dont know about need for speed but dark souls 3 should at least run well, dropping some shadows etc could get you 60fps on 1080p as a friend of mine plays it on 370 which is considerably weaker than 960

Okay thanks then..

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#13 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@whitey_rolls said:

They have a huge plethora of options that you can pick from. It's not like buying an HP at Walmart. If you want an i5 or FX with a 1080, you can customize it via simple selections. Plus you get a warranty and support. DIY you often have to rely on individual warranties and the hell that is RMA process...some are good but some really suck. I've had problems with Gigabyte mobo's dying on me and one that I RMA'd somehow vanished into thin air, I actually think UPS lost it but everyone shrugged their shoulders at me despite my RMA number.

Anyway, the gamers that would want to build their own is pretty small percentage wise. Just dealing with installing the OS or bios options is too daunting for some.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

Got Steam app yet?... they have lots of pc games you been missed out.

Mordant221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 Mordant221
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

That GPU man... you should also upgrade to Windows 10 while it's still free, if you're plannin on keepin that rig for a while. Windows 7 doesn't support DX12

As for games, go to Steam and look around, then read some reviews.

Ultramanjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ultramanjay
Member since 2016 • 16 Posts

@KBFloYd:

i7 3.4gz 6700 6th generation

16 gb ddr4 kingston hyper x

4 gb ddr5 asus nvidia gtx 960

yeah use that to play minecraft. obviously the OP wants you to recommend some good looking games. basically minecraft can be run by any pc that can run minesweeper.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@ultramanjay: dude... i clearly said he doesnt need a good rig for all the first pc games i mentioned...

then i wrote...for beast rig games look for ps3/ps4 games...

@KBFloYd said:

as for beast rig....

gamespot4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gamespot4life
Member since 2007 • 1301 Posts

Hurry up and get your free upgrade to Windows 10, I think tomorrow is the final day.