PC game from the late 90s early 2000s!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PvtNavster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PvtNavster
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
OK I'm new here and wondered If any of you can help me I have researched the crap out of this and for the life of me, I can't find anything! I remember first playing it on a demo disc on my brothers computer, I can't remember the year but I know it was around this era. I vaguely remember a few things from the demo, I remember a woman in maybe a red jumper and when the demo started up you were outside a mansion of some sort and if I recall a huge fountain was there. I also think a car was there, this was all in a courtyard. I then vaguely remember wandering around the side of the mansion and having to enter a window, I also remember a spiral staircase. I can also recall it being a third person point a click adventure game but I'm not exactly sure. Another thing that springs to mind is that I was terrified of this game, I remember strange noises as I came closer to the house. Sadly this is all I can remember from the demo. I hope that maybe someone can shed some light on the subject and tell me the name of the game or give me some more information. Looking for some nostalgia :P Help would be much appreciated!
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23050 Posts
Sounds like an entry from the Gabriel Knight series.
PvtNavster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PvtNavster
Sounds like an entry from the Gabriel Knight series. mattbbpl
OK, after looking it up on Youtube I did think at the start it could be the game I'm looking for but sadly it was not. Thanks for the help!
v13_KiiLtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 v13_KiiLtz
Member since 2010 • 2791 Posts

Actually.. now that I think about it, that sounds alot like Resident Evil 2... except that game wasn't point and click.

And you'd remember the zombies and weapons and stuff.

PvtNavster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PvtNavster

Actually.. now that I think about it, that sounds alot like Resident Evil 2... except that game wasn't point and click.

And you'd remember the zombies and weapons and stuff.

v13_KiiLtz
No no, I fondly remember Resident Evil 2 :L, Loved all the resident evil games! I wouldn't forget those :P
daplague420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 daplague420
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Phantasmagoria

PvtNavster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PvtNavster

Phantasmagoria

daplague420
Nope thats not it either :P
kress-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kress-1
Member since 2004 • 102 Posts

Are you absolutely certain it's not Gabriel Knight 3? Because you just described these videos almost word for word. See these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N1_XH-ipjw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sye1oFXkKFI

In fact, I'm absolutely convinced that's the game you're talking about because I now recall playing the demo and it featured the exact scenes that are shown in the videos I provided above. Besides, it fits your description to a T.

gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#9 gbrading
Member since 2005 • 8085 Posts

Possibly something from Broken Sword? There's also a level in Deus Ex which sounds like that... Other than that, I haven't many other ideas.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
Could it be Dark Fall? Demo here if you want to look and see if that's it..
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#11 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Teen agent!
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ChiliDragon
Teen agent! biggest_loser
The staircase in that game is straight, and you get into the mansion through the door. ;)
PvtNavster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PvtNavster

Are you absolutely certain it's not Gabriel Knight 3? Because you just described these videos almost word for word. See these videos:

In fact, I'm absolutely convinced that's the game you're talking about because I now recall playing the demo and it featured the exact scenes that are shown in the videos I provided above. Besides, it fits your description to a T.

kress-1
You know, I think your right but something in my mind is telling me that its not the game you showed me D: Its annoying me that I can't remember exactly, I think I might have to just try this game first hand and see if the feel of it can bring anything back but thanks for the help, Very much appreciated!
1carus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 1carus
Member since 2004 • 1454 Posts

kress-1

My thoughts exactly.

PvtNavster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PvtNavster

kress-1
I applaud you sir, It was in fact Gabriel Knight 3! Once I played the demo for myself it all came rushing back. When you walk down the side of the house and hear the baby crying is what did it!. It scared the bejesus out of me when I was a kid. I thank you for pointing me in the right direction!
PvtNavster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PvtNavster
[QUOTE="mattbbpl"]Sounds like an entry from the Gabriel Knight series. PvtNavster
OK, after looking it up on Youtube I did think at the start it could be the game I'm looking for but sadly it was not. Thanks for the help!

I apologize for my ignorance here and I also applaud you sir! You were the first to say Gabriel Knight! Thanks!
kress-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kress-1
Member since 2004 • 102 Posts

Well, I don't know what to tell you but to me it seems like a perfect match. Let's compare your description to the Gabriel Knight 3 videos I posted:

1. Game is from late 90s/early 2k = check. The game is from 1999.

2. Game is 3rd-person point and click adventure game = check.

3. There is a woman with a red shirt = check.

4. There is a large courtyard = check.

5. There is a large fountain in the middle of the courtyard = check.

6. There is a large mansion = check.

7. There is a car outside in the courtyard = check.

8. You can only enter the mansion through a window = check.

9. Strange, creepy noises coming from inside the mansion as you get closer to it = check.

10. There is a spiral staircase inside the mansion = check.

11. The demo for this game is precisely the specific scene which you have described = check.

As you can see, the game fits your description 100%. As such, the likelihood of it being another game based purely on statistical probabilities is about 1 to 100,000.

That being said, if you're still not sure, here's the link to the demo version: http://www.ohaysoft.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=116&func=download&id=984&chk=d078525e7434d590e537aeaca0220766&no_html=1

EDIT: I see that you found out that it is indeed Gabriel Knight 3. Anyway, have fun! It's one of my favorite adventure games and an absolute joy to play.

PvtNavster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PvtNavster
Yes It was In fact Gabriel Knight 3 :P Thanks, Seeing as I've only played the demo. I'm interested to see If I can hunt a copy down! Gotta have the real thing :P As I said before, I appreciate all the help! Thanks!
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ChiliDragon
Real thing. :)
PvtNavster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PvtNavster
Thank you kind sir! I'll get to playing it straight away!
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ChiliDragon
I get pretty much all my retro-gaming needs filled through GOG.com, they're a great place to find older games. I bought Planescape: Torment from them recently. Happy to help. :)