This topic is locked from further discussion.

m4a1silent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 m4a1silent
Member since 2006 • 59 Posts
could someone recomend some software for the pc that allows for people to chat with each other in a private room. I have used Vent in the past but i would like to know if there is anything superior now and eaisier to use.
Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Bass7
Member since 2004 • 6614 Posts

I'm guessing for Voice chat? Voice Chat = TeamSpeak. Regular Chat = Xfire.

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts
try xFire.
loco76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 loco76
Member since 2006 • 145 Posts

could someone recomend some software for the pc that allows for people to chat with each other in a private room. I have used Vent in the past but i would like to know if there is anything superior now and eaisier to use.m4a1silent

get steam it owns right now with community beta and its free

judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#5 judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts
X-fire should be perfect for you.
Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
Check out Skype. Free VoIP and text chat.
m4a1silent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 m4a1silent
Member since 2006 • 59 Posts

ok well skype i belive u have to pay for it now. as far as xfire goes im not sure if u can do group voice chat. and where do u say u get that beta for steam. i have steam but i havnt heard of such a chat system

Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
You have to pay only if you want to call landlines and cellphones. Talking to other Skype users is free.
GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

ok well skype i belive u have to pay for it now. as far as xfire goes im not sure if u can do group voice chat. and where do u say u get that beta for steam. i have steam but i havnt heard of such a chat system

m4a1silent

don't use Skype it takes alot of RAM - well that program is heavy as GameSpy is

best program to use for group voice chat is Team Speak 2 - free and doesn't lower gameplay by taking alot of RAM

kodai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 kodai
Member since 2003 • 924 Posts

don't use Skype it takes alot of RAM - well that program is heavy as GameSpy is

best program to use for group voice chat is Team Speak 2 - free and doesn't lower gameplay by taking alot of RAM

PredatorRules

The memory footprint of Skype is not large at all. I would infact recommend Skype as a game chat for almost any XP system. I've yet to see a game that Skype hog enough resources to have any effect, and yet I've found that Skype will stand up to even the worse casescenario.I've usedit on a cell phone 1xRT connection withmany different games when my ISP was having issues. The main rason I suggest it is for the voice quality. Yeah, it may take close to 40MB in mem size, but the overall sound quality is clean and there is no lag. That being the case, if I (or my pals for that matter) found that Skype caused ANY problems with game play we would have dropped it long ago. Give it a shot, cause it's free.

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

could someone recomend some software for the pc that allows for people to chat with each other in a private room. I have used Vent in the past but i would like to know if there is anything superior now and eaisier to use.m4a1silent

Vent is superior in some aspects as far as user cap also the codec is optimized better, teamspeak has the easier server set up since you dont need an actual server and can set it up on your own computer. So if you and your friends dont know of a vent or dont own one, then teamspeak is better.

cmatija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 cmatija
Member since 2010 • 48 Posts
For voice chat: Ventrilo, Skype For normal: Windows Messenger, X-Fire
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
Steam. I have found it much easier to use than X-Fire for chatting
nevilleoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nevilleoc
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Can someone please hep me, I was installing Command and Conquer The Last Decade on my laptop and the 3D mapping wasn't installing. So I went on the Task Manager and ended the process and now I cant even reinstall. When I put in the CD it says launch then when I click it nothing happens. The space is being used but I cant find the files anywhere. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate if that's any help. Please, please, please help me I really want to play this game.