PC acting oddly...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xRmRxfreakBOMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 xRmRxfreakBOMB
Member since 2007 • 621 Posts

Just installed a new evga gtx 260 SE with a new 750 watt psu. Now every time i turn my system on my monitor doesnt get a signal, but my pc starts up fine. I have to turn my pc on and off 3 times before i can get any picture, and its always 3 times, no more, no less. all my drivers are up to date and i have scanned for viruses so those can't be the problem. anybody know what the hell is going on?

DarxPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 DarxPhil
Member since 2007 • 1135 Posts

Just installed a new evga gtx 260 SE with a new 750 watt psu. Now every time i turn my system on my monitor doesnt get a signal, but my pc starts up fine. I have to turn my pc on and off 3 times before i can get any picture, and its always 3 times, no more, no less. all my drivers are up to date and i have scanned for viruses so those can't be the problem. anybody know what the hell is going on?

xRmRxfreakBOMB

Make sure the card in pushed in the slot all the way and that you are using the proper PCI-E power connectors for the video card and that they are too pushed in all the way. And if you can, try using a differnet video card or a differant monitor.

istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts
Try turning the monitor on before the PC and see if that helps