SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

As the topic states. Origin is complete and utter garbage, I have been saying such since it was released and it hasn't been improved. People keep accusing me of trolling, it's not as bad as it used to be, much better now they say. Horse****. It is every bit as bad 3 years on as when it was released.

I have been trying to download Titanfall for 24 hours now! (which I didn't even want to play to begin with, but my buddy sent me a key since it was only $10, so I am obligated) A download that should have taken less than 19 on my connection and I still have 4-5 hours to go. If it isn't erroring out regularly and stopping the download it is randomly jumping back 10-20% (I just watched it go from 80% to 60%).

Looking at the problem on Google this had been a known issue since launch and in three f***ing years they still haven't fixed it! F*** EA and their glorified download utility and f*** anyone else who defends it. It is just as broken and useless as it was 3 years ago. I am not touching another EA game on the PC even if it is free.

/rant

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@SerOlmy said:

As the topic states. Origin is complete and utter garbage, I have been saying such since it was released and it hasn't been improved. People keep accusing me of trolling, it's not as bad as it used to be, much better now they say. Horse****. It is every bit as bad 3 years on as when it was released.

I have been trying to download Titanfall for 24 hours now! (which I didn't even want to play to begin with, but my buddy sent me a key since it was only $10, so I am obligated) A download that should have taken less than 19 on my connection and I still have 4-5 hours to go. If it isn't erroring out regularly and stopping the download it is randomly jumping back 10-20% (I just watched it go from 80% to 60%).

Looking at the problem on Google this had been a known issue since launch and in three f***ing years they still haven't fixed it! F*** EA and their glorified download utility and f*** anyone else who defends it. It is just as broken and useless as it was 3 years ago. I am not touching another EA game on the PC even if it is free.

/rant

Rant God.

Weren't you the guy that bashed Titanfall for months, and now trying to download it? Hypocrite much?

I've downloaded about 4-5 games from Origin and they all maxed out my connection. I also have no problems whatsoever running any game (it's more online these days than Steam which goes down for maintenance). I really don't know why you have so many issues.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts
@SerOlmy said:
A download that should have taken less than 19 on my connection and I still have 4-5 hours to go. If it isn't erroring out regularly and stopping the download it is randomly jumping back 10-20% (I just watched it go from 80% to 60%).

Had this same problem with both origin and steam. My one goes a step that completely wipes the download and starts over again. And did not find a solution why this happens. :(

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SerOlmy

I have never once had a single issue downloading a game on Steam and I have over 100 games at this point. Origin has been erroring out downloads since I can remember, but this one really takes the cake. Used to be it would just fail to authenticate my ME3 DLC now it just wasting my badwidth with nothing to show for it. Completely f***ing useless. I cannot believe I let me buddy guilt me into reinstalling this malware on my PC.

@Gamerno6666 said:

Had this same problem with both origin and steam. My one goes a step that completely wipes the download and starts over again. And did not find a solution why this happens. :(

It isn't my HD that's for damn sure, I have a SSD that is less than a year old. And my connection isn't the problem either, it may be slow, but I have zero issue downloading games from any other source. It is an Origin issue plain and simple.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

i had no troubles with origin but their latest update it pretty much broke origin in-game. Got terrible lags and small freezes on Battlefield . As soon as i disabled it everything is smooth

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

well, your first mistake was downloading titanfall :P

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

I've used Origin for a fair number of games for the past few years and have never had any issues. It seems to max my download speeds as well (45 Mbps fiber) the same as Steam. Steam has more features and I'd rather use it over Origin on that basis alone, but overall my experience with Origin has been just dandy.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

No problems with orgin here better then uplay any way. Prefer non though.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#9  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17799 Posts

The only problem I have with Origin is that the built in On Screen Display conflicts with MSI Afterburner. It literally makes games like Titanfall and BF4 unplayable as they want to load at 2 fps. This started happening about 6 months ago after an Origin update. So, I have to disable the Origin OSD so I can OC my cards. Prior to that, I don't remember having issues with Origin. I actually like the clean look of it compared to Steam and Uplay. Of course Steam is the best for features, community and the store.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

Never had issues downloading on Origin. Bummer man.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#11 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

I find origin downloading better than Steam.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Never encountered any problems either. It must be a problem on your end.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I actually get better speeds downloading from Origin than I do from Steam. I don't like the fact that I have to split my digital game collection between the two, but I'll live. I won't tolerate uPlay, though. Two digital distribution platforms is quite enough for me.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

My Origin seems okay. It (size: 2.39gb) took a bit over 5 minutes to download the FIFA 15 demo. By the 6 minute mark, the demo's ready to play.

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts

Sounds like you got really upset over something you can't really control. However if you go to the settings in Origin try setting a cap on your bandwidth. Your ISP might be clocking you down because if you are downloading too fast it might be costing them too much. Or it might be the EA servers.

Set the cap at 500kb-1mb and see if you can stabilize.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FelipeInside

@airshocker said:

I actually get better speeds downloading from Origin than I do from Steam. I don't like the fact that I have to split my digital game collection between the two, but I'll live. I won't tolerate uPlay, though. Two digital distribution platforms is quite enough for me.

I rarely buy games from uPlay (I still liking buying physical retail boxes), but you still need uPlay to play Ubisoft games.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Its all garbage ! Steam, Orign, Uplay... All Of It is Garbage.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FelipeInside

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Its all garbage ! Steam, Orign, Uplay... All Of It is Garbage.

Like everything, it has it's good things and it's bad things.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19 top_lel
Member since 2014 • 886 Posts

Origin works just fine. Sometimes it makes me wonder if it really is an EA product.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58860 Posts

I'm not inherently against other services.

The problems the prices, both EA and Ubisoft, are taking the piss. Assuming you are as dumb as a rock.

Not only is the price usually about 40% than steam, they spam multiple convoluted versions that bring a game up to 200% the price of retail. **** off.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

The issue is definitely on your end. Origin downloads faster than Steam for me, and for many games writers I follow on twitter.

Origin is fine. Sure I prefer Steam because I have a better friends list there, but Origin is totally fine as a service.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FelipeInside

@uninspiredcup said:

I'm not inherently against other services.

The problems the prices, both EA and Ubisoft, are taking the piss. Assuming you are as dumb as a rock.

Not only is the price usually about 40% than steam, they spam multiple convoluted versions that bring a game up to 200% the price of retail. **** off.

I said it before, it must depend on region.

I sometimes find that here in Australia Origin has cheaper pricing than anywhere else (not always, sometimes).

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@FelipeInside

True.... Its all Garbage though... Steam Must die 1st since its in the lead, the rest will fall in line if we can manage to kill it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

I like Origin, I get 10Mb/s dl speeds.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SerOlmy

@MethodManFTW said:

The issue is definitely on your end. Origin downloads faster than Steam for me, and for many games writers I follow on twitter.

Origin is fine. Sure I prefer Steam because I have a better friends list there, but Origin is totally fine as a service.

No it is not, I get max download speed on Steam and have never had a single failure to download in nearly 10 years at this location. I have never had a single issue downloading anything from Blizz uPlay or any other game service or website. I have had nothing but trouble with Origin since it was released. The only other game I have on it is ME3, when that was released and until I stopped playing it Origin would frequently get in a pissing match with the EA auth servers and fail to let me use the DLC I purchased unless I downloaded every piece of DLC I had access to (it also did this to my buddy who lives 3 states away). And even then it would not automatically update my games, I had to do it manually. And now after about 30 hours of downloading (it should have taken about 18) it is almost finished and I fully expect to fail to instal and make me start over form the beginning.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

In my experience, origin downloads are faster than steam by quite a bit. Never had either of them fail at downloading something though.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FelipeInside

@jimmy_russell said:

Use your wallet, stop buying any games attached to Origin. E-Mail EA customer relations and tell them about how you feel, nobody is going to be able to help you here. I stopped buying games tied to Origin after Battlefield 3 required it. I had to launch the game through my bloody web browser. The entire thing was a clusterfuck, I don't imagine that much has changed.

Battlelog was made by DICE for Battlefield, has nothing to do with Origin. I can't believe people still get these confused.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#29 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

@FelipeInside:

He's not a hypocrite until he starts saying that Titanfall is 'good'.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

@SerOlmy said:

/rant

origin is fine. get more mad your internet sucks.