Opinion on LCD HDTV purchase.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RiderVrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 RiderVrael
Member since 2005 • 825 Posts
I want to buy an LCD HDTV for my room, and do not know what size to get. My room is small - the maximum distance I'd be sitting away from my TV would be about the length of a queen size bed. Should I get a 19"-20" TV and save money, or get a 23"-27" TV and save up more? An additional note is I probably won't be doing a lot of multiplayer gaming on this TV. A small TV, like 19' or 20", would still look beautiful and colourful etc. but would it be too small?
cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 cspiffo
Member since 2005 • 2841 Posts
I want to buy an LCD HDTV for my room, and do not know what size to get. My room is small - the maximum distance I'd be sitting away from my TV would be about the length of a queen size bed. Should I get a 19"-20" TV and save money, or get a 23"-27" TV and save up more? An additional note is I probably won't be doing a lot of multiplayer gaming on this TV. A small TV, like 19' or 20", would still look beautiful and colourful etc. but would it be too small?RiderVrael
I find 19"-20" to be too small for just about any room. Plus, most TV's in that catagory aren't even full HD resolutions (1280X720 or higher). they are usually around 1024X768. You would be far more happy with a 26" LCD HDTV.
dmanrevived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 dmanrevived
Member since 2004 • 1595 Posts
So you just want a small sized HDTV for some casual gaming and tv? Well at that small size, it won't look very HD or very impressive at all. I don't think you can get a very minimum HD picture until you get to about 32". How much are you planning to spend on this purchase?
mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 mjarantilla
Member since 2002 • 15721 Posts
32" is perfect for a medium-sized bedroom.
OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts
i wouldnt do more than 27-32". 20 inchers dont cut it IMO.
Red_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Red_Sniper
Member since 2007 • 234 Posts
32" is perfect for a medium-sized bedroom.mjarantilla

Agreed. I sit at about 2 meters from my 32" LCD and it looks great.
toemayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 toemayo
Member since 2007 • 91 Posts

This is the one im getting 32" Samsung For a thousand bucks it's a good deal I think. I'll be putting this in my bedroom so it's a good fit. And they have a service plan and that is still cheaper than just the tv at my best buy.

playwithfire17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 playwithfire17
Member since 2006 • 770 Posts
I think 32" is a good size for that distance.
metaldeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 metaldeth
Member since 2005 • 102 Posts

This is the one im getting 32" Samsung For a thousand bucks it's a good deal I think. I'll be putting this in my bedroom so it's a good fit. And they have a service plan and that is still cheaper than just the tv at my best buy.

toemayo

I just picked up that tv today and it is amazing!