OpenRA , Fan Made version of Red Alert 1

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NightmareP3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 NightmareP3
Member since 2010 • 259 Posts

I just discovered something lovevly, a fan made version of Red Alert 1. It's the same Red Alert 1 well all know and love but now with Windows Xp,vista and 7 support, it even has LAN and Online Multiplayer features that work good. The free version Westwood released a few years ago is extreamly bugy and has alot of issues since it was never ment to be played on curent day PCs, so alot of people never managed to get it to work but this fan made version works perfectly, all you gotta do is download the game, double click on the file you receivedand thats it, boom you're playing Red Alert 1.

Here's the link to the main site

and here's the download link i suggest you download theOlder Version

• 20121019(4.7 MB) since it's the latest stable version of the game, the untested ones might crash.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

id sooner just get the RA1 mod for RA3

NightmareP3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NightmareP3

Well i don't have RE3, after i tried the demo for it i didn't find the game to be good so i never bought it, i also preffer the classic 2D pixel style graphics more. For some reason i find 2D graphics to be more appealing to me in RTS games.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

Well i don't have RE3, after i tried the demo for it i didn't find the game to be good so i never bought it, i also preffer the classic 2D pixel style graphics more. For some reason i find 2D graphics to be more appealing to me in RTS games.

NightmareP3

RA3 + the conversion mod is pretty cool. buildings come apart and you can see inside them and its actually rather flat for a 3d game

NightmareP3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NightmareP3

[QUOTE="NightmareP3"]

ionusX

RA3 + the conversion mod is pretty cool. buildings come apart and you can see inside them and its actually rather flat for a 3d game

I just went to the mod's ModDB page and it looks good, however as i said i don't own RA3 and even thought it's on sale right now on steam i can't buy it since i'm broke. I might pick the game up in a future sale when i have some money and thats only because of the Red Alert 1 mod.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

They should do RA2, i love that game.

Anyone know of any resolution mods for it? I managed to use one to get Age of Empires 2 running in 1080p and it was awesome.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#7 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Forgot I got RA3 free on Origin when they were gifting games. Gonna try the RE1 mod soon.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#8 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I didn't know they had a RA1 mod.. thanks! I'll check it out. RA1 was the best C&C game.