ok serious problem here i tried everything

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stefanel2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 stefanel2
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Ok guys so my pc i a pretty good one not that i cant play those games cuz i could play a month ago... even a week ago so mah problem is: i start a game ex:cross fire: i login search for game when i press start it crashes.... i got win 7 and says cross fire has stopped working Ex2: modern warfare 2: just bought today installed yeey im happy and what i enter.. same crash again.... as soon as i enter.. WHAT I DID: -i checked cable connection vry good ,network connection does not count because not even mw2 sp not working , i checked if its pluged in dooh... i checked video card and etc.. i restarted and defraged it... i did most of things nothing Any help??
eyelickED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 eyelickED
Member since 2009 • 246 Posts

sounds to me like your pc cant handle it or you installed them wrong.

Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts

Specs?

stefanel2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 stefanel2
i guess it can because i just upgrated 2 more gb of ram and my video card is bretty good: IOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz Memory: 3072MB RAM Available OS Memory: 3070MB RAM Page File: 831MB used, 5308MB available Windows Dir: C:\Windows DirectX Version: DirectX 11 Card name: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc. Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9589) DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz) Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9589&SUBSYS_01BC1043&REV_00 Display Memory: 1523 MB Dedicated Memory: 244 MB Shared Memory: 1279 MB Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
mAArdman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mAArdman
Member since 2003 • 1612 Posts

i guess it can because i just upgrated 2 more gb of ram and my video card is bretty good: IOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz Memory: 3072MB RAM Available OS Memory: 3070MB RAM Page File: 831MB used, 5308MB available Windows Dir: C:\Windows DirectX Version: DirectX 11 Card name: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc. Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9589) DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz) Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9589&SUBSYS_01BC1043&REV_00 Display Memory: 1523 MB Dedicated Memory: 244 MB Shared Memory: 1279 MB Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)stefanel2

Your video card is not good by today's standards. It is relatively equivalent to a 8600gt, and it might have problems running F.E.A.R smoothly. You should check the usual if you haven't done so (drivers, updates, ...). The crossfire error message is related to the multi-gpu ability of your video card, assuming you actually have more than one, since you did not specify it. As i do not own an ATI card, i am not familiar with the error messages, but a quick search might be able to help you.

Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts
[QUOTE="stefanel2"]i guess it can because i just upgrated 2 more gb of ram and my video card is bretty good: IOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz Memory: 3072MB RAM Available OS Memory: 3070MB RAM Page File: 831MB used, 5308MB available Windows Dir: C:\Windows DirectX Version: DirectX 11 Card name: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc. Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9589) DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz) Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9589&SUBSYS_01BC1043&REV_00 Display Memory: 1523 MB Dedicated Memory: 244 MB Shared Memory: 1279 MB Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)

2600 pro is crap.
stefanel2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 stefanel2

Your video card is not good by today's standards. It is relatively equivalent to a 8600gt, and it might have problems running F.E.A.R smoothly. You should check the usual if you haven't done so (drivers, updates, ...). The crossfire error message is related to the multi-gpu ability of your video card, assuming you actually have more than one, since you did not specify it. As i do not own an ATI card, i am not familiar with the error messages, but a quick search might be able to help you.

mAArdman

yaya i know but all those games worked perfectly before like a few days 1 week max i tested em all worked just fine...

stefanel2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 stefanel2
ok so no1 understands my problem...i played all those games... a few days before all of them ALL worked perfectly i also have some other games that workEx mario wich i downloaded cuz i was fking bored.. so pls its not problem from always
ventnor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ventnor
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

Your video card is crap, but I remember when I had a terrible rig, way worse specs single core @ 1.6 Ghz and 2gb ram and then a HD 2600, I could easily max out MW2 at the free weekend with 60+ FPS

Anyawys we don't know anything about your problem, stopped working can happen from alot of things, try updating your drivers and reinstalling the games.

1Lonehawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 1Lonehawk
Member since 2005 • 873 Posts

If everything worked fine up until a week ago, then you need to do some detective work and find out if, or what has changed on your computer in that last week.

Did you install anything? Did you UNinstall anything? Does anyone else have access to your computer? If so, ask them everything they've done in the past week. etc etc.

It could be anything from a configuration change to a virus or malware or who knows what. lol. Bottom line is, since you insist that "everything" worked just fine up until a week or so ago, then logically, "something" must have changed in that week.

Anything you find that has been done to your computer in the last week you must then check if any of those changes have made any type of configuration changes that would cause conflicts. It may take a bit of time; but really, it's the only way to track down and I.D. the problem other tha finding what exactly the error code means by doing a google search (but that's doing it the EASY way! :P )

Just my 2 cents worth. :)

stefanel2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 stefanel2
no1 installed anything exept reinstall games.. no1 touched my pc... hope this helps its all i can do
face_ripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 face_ripper
Member since 2010 • 968 Posts

Google "Can you run it"

And check if you PC can handle those games.

MrUnSavory1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MrUnSavory1
Member since 2005 • 777 Posts

You didn't do what 1LoneHawk said. Obviously if they worked a week ago and now don't something has changed on your computer. Either by you or someone else. It's software and does not have a mind of it's own and just decide to quit working one day. if no one else has touched your computer then YOU must have changed something. Installed something, De-installed something, Changed a driver or may have even had a small hardware issue recently that you think you fixed. Try using system restore and go back to a point when they worked if you can not think of anything else you might have changed.

stefanel2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 stefanel2

You didn't do what 1LoneHawk said. Obviously if they worked a week ago and now don't something has changed on your computer. Either by you or someone else. It's software and does not have a mind of it's own and just decide to quit working one day. if no one else has touched your computer then YOU must have changed something. Installed something, De-installed something, Changed a driver or may have even had a small hardware issue recently that you think you fixed. Try using system restore and go back to a point when they worked if you can not think of anything else you might have changed.

MrUnSavory1
i alrdy did a restore....and still nothing same error (*game* does not respond w/e) also i did not instal or uninstal anything this week..... except mw2 wich was after first game not working so.. its not it... and i did not uninstal anything...i like to keep many things in any case.....
stefanel2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 stefanel2

Google "Can you run it"

And check if you PC can handle those games.

face_ripper
all those games worked good before this week wich idk what happened
Serioussamik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Serioussamik
Member since 2010 • 773 Posts
Actually there is no problem with your rig.I've seen people playing Mw2 with much worse specs.I assume this to be a software problem. Did you do a virus scan?You may consider one if not. From what you said it seems everything worked fine until an update received while online or at the worst case,a virus infection may be hampering your Pc's fuctionality.
stefanel2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 stefanel2

Actually there is no problem with your rig.I've seen people playing Mw2 with much worse specs.I assume this to be a software problem. Did you do a virus scan?You may consider one if not. From what you said it seems everything worked fine until an update received while online or at the worst case,a virus infection may be hampering your Pc's fuctionality.Serioussamik
yes i did that and it cleaned them but still... same problem....*no the virus was not in windows or w/e were some files in a program infected and that program works fine..*

sqark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sqark
Member since 2010 • 37 Posts
You Need To Reinstall Your Windows... Maybe You Reinstall Something That Affect The System..
stefanel2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 stefanel2
You Need To Reinstall Your Windows... Maybe You Reinstall Something That Affect The System..sqark
easy to say hard to do...... i got no cd for that and i dont know if its too good to trust pirated versions.... so ya not an option...
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Your video card is crap, but I remember when I had a terrible rig, way worse specs single core @ 1.6 Ghz and 2gb ram and then a HD 2600, I could easily max out MW2 at the free weekend with 60+ FPS

Anyawys we don't know anything about your problem, stopped working can happen from alot of things, try updating your drivers and reinstalling the games.

ventnor

"cough" serious bs "cough"

Yeah>_> not even my 4870 and e8400 can run the game maxed without some suttering or FPS drops...

stefanel2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 stefanel2
yeah i guess i have to format my computersince nothing is wrong..... damn reinstalling all those is gunna be hard...
stefanel2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 stefanel2
ohh come on my pc is dying and no1 have this problem maybe i should try.... something else... ill call some1 if i dont find help
mAArdman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mAArdman
Member since 2003 • 1612 Posts

First of all it's a real challenge just trying to decipher your posts.
With that out of the way you should try to remember if you made any hardware or software changes before the problem started to occur. If it only happens with graphically intensive applications, maybe it's a graphic card related issue. Have you opened your computer, and checked the card?
You should try uninstalling your video card drivers and cleaning your computer of any residue they might have left by using something like Driver Sweeper. Also it wouldn't be a bad idea to scan your pc for any virus, malware, spyware or crap like that.
If you have done everything people said on the thread, you should consider a clean windows install.

stefanel2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 stefanel2
yes i checked my card its fixed in there... yes i did all people said and nothing i think ill just need to reinstall my windows the problem is idk a good site to get one...(prefer win 7 too cuz Xp does no longer works on my computer
1Lonehawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 1Lonehawk

yes i checked my card its fixed in there... yes i did all people said and nothing i think ill just need to reinstall my windows the problem is idk a good site to get one...(prefer win 7 too cuz Xp does no longer works on my computerstefanel2
Now I know you're either not checking things properly or you just don't know "how" to check things properly. How on earth can "XP no longer work on my computer"???

Are you saying that XP did work on your computer (the same one and not a different one) and that is does not now? How the heck is that even possible?

Secondly, you keep mentioning (at least it sounds like it, hard to tell from the way you write) that you are using pirated versions of Windows. That might be part of the problem, it may not be, but there's always a chance. Especially since there's something funny going with you and computer since you say XP "no longer" works on your computer. If it worked once, it should always work.

It sounds to me (just MHO) that you the help of an expert. I would splurge and take your computer to a computer store/tech that you trust and have it fully diagnosed. I would also splurge for a real copy of windows (sorry, I hate to sound like I'm a salesman for MS..lol ) so that you can be sure that you have the proper updates and that everything is working as it should.

Also, make sure you have all the updated drivers for your computer before re-installing windows (not just vid card drivers, but drivers for your mobo, network card, sound card etc etc.).

Just my 3 cents worth. :)

sqark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sqark
Member since 2010 • 37 Posts

yes i checked my card its fixed in there... yes i did all people said and nothing i think ill just need to reinstall my windows the problem is idk a good site to get one...(prefer win 7 too cuz Xp does no longer works on my computerstefanel2

See ? I Told You To Reinstall Your Windows :P

stefanel2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 stefanel2
i had original win xp and 7 but my friend got a pirated ver of xp that screwed my pc once soo.. yes im on original and thanks for help i alrdy trying to take it to a tech or somehow install win on my pc
stefanel2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 stefanel2
i had original win xp and 7 but my friend got a pirated ver of xp that screwed my pc once soo.. yes im on original and thanks for help i alrdy trying to take it to a tech or somehow install win on my pc
1Lonehawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 1Lonehawk

i had original win xp and 7 but my friend got a pirated ver of xp that screwed my pc once soo.. yes im on original and thanks for help i alrdy trying to take it to a tech or somehow install win on my pcstefanel2
Well, good luck, I really hope your tech finds the problem. I know how frustrating it can be to have a problem with a computer wherein the solution is not so easily forthcoming. When the tech fixes the problem, ask what exactly the problem was and how it was fixed. This will help you in the future when you may need to solve similar problems. Pay very careful attention to "how" and the "why" regarding the issue you have.

Here's praying you have some good PC and gaming fun in your near future. 8)

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10598 Posts

Your video card is crap,but I remember when I had a terrible rig, way worse specs single core @ 1.6 Ghz and 2gb ram and then a HD 2600, I could easily max out MW2 at the free weekend with 60+ FPS

ventnor

lol yeah course you could