Nvidia new cards specs, release date and price

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts
OMG... Can not wait. 45% better then ATI/AMD's best card. April Release, $650 for GTX 680. http://lenzfire.com/2012/02/entire-nvidia-kepler-series-specifications-price-release-date-43823/
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

OMG... Can not wait. 45% better then ATI/AMD's best card. April Release, $650 for GTX 680. http://lenzfire.com/2012/02/entire-nvidia-kepler-series-specifications-price-release-date-43823/Truth_Hurts_U

ask them if their source is chiphell.. if so, tell them to emphasize their importance by highlighting them in black

if you dont get the joke nvidia was caught cooking the hype book there which was being used as the source for everything we know about kepler till today, making not a word of it trustable or beleiveable.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

Gonna get me two 660ti's!

kaitanuvax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 kaitanuvax
Member since 2007 • 3814 Posts

GTX 650 and GTX 640 el oh el. GTX 550 TI for $140 lmfao

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"]OMG... Can not wait. 45% better then ATI/AMD's best card. April Release, $650 for GTX 680. http://lenzfire.com/2012/02/entire-nvidia-kepler-series-specifications-price-release-date-43823/ionusX

ask them if their source is chiphell.. if so, tell them to emphasize their importance by highlighting them in black

if you dont get the joke nvidia was caught cooking the hype book there which was being used as the source for everything we know about kepler till today, making not a word of it trustable or beleiveable.

I don't trust anything from nvidia at this point.

QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

Those specs make sense though. I won't judge till release. I won't comment on % based comparisons with cards that haven't released yet...that's silly. Myself, I predict a similar situation as it was with hd6xxx vs gtx5xx. The 680 will beat the 7970, which will match the 670. The 7850/7870 will be great performance/price cards, and the 7950 is already a great high end/performance card. Nvidia will win the battle for bragging rights, but it's the mid/performance range that's where the money's at.

hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

There isn't even a point to these cards anymore. Not a single game has been released in years that will actually take advantage of these high end cards. There is near ZERO developer support for high end PC graphics anymore, so spending half a grand or more on a video card like this is similar to buying a lamborghini and only being able to drive 55. Unless you are playing at absolutely massive resolutions, stuff like this is pointless.

Nvidia and ATI really need to start making games that truly take advantage of their latest cards, similar to what Intel was doing with Larrabee and Project Offset. 'Cause at this point I see no reason at all to lay down that much money for something that isn't needed.

msfan1289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 msfan1289
Member since 2011 • 1044 Posts

damn look at the price of those cards. ill just get a 2ns GTX 570 and get a SLI set up running. no way im spending that much on a single GPU. (GTX 670)

dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

those prices are so high but the gtx 660 is said to be comparable to the 580.

dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

There isn't even a point to these cards anymore. Not a single game has been released in years that will actually take advantage of these high end cards. There is near ZERO developer support for high end PC graphics anymore, so spending half a grand or more on a video card like this is similar to buying a lamborghini and only being able to drive 55. Unless you are playing at absolutely massive resolutions, stuff like this is pointless.

Nvidia and ATI really need to start making games that truly take advantage of their latest cards, similar to what Intel was doing with Larrabee and Project Offset. 'Cause at this point I see no reason at all to lay down that much money for something that isn't needed.

hoola

That's something that I've been noticing and even as someone with a gtx 550 ti there are very few games that would compel me to get even another x50ti. It is hard to ignore the amount of power these supposedly have though becuase really if they are like it claims then a 650 ti would be more than fine for me.

kaitanuvax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kaitanuvax

[QUOTE="hoola"]

dovberg

That's something that I've been noticing and even as someone with a gtx 550 ti there are very few games that would compel me to get even another x50ti. It is hard to ignore the amount of power these supposedly have though becuase really if they are like it claims then a 650 ti would be more than fine for me.

Yeah I know right? You know what's really funny though? Some people on this forum have called my 6850 an "average" card - when it can max games like Crysis and BF3. LOL if that's average then I'll gladly take it.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1840679

AMD to release HD Radeon 8000 series code named "Sea Islands" in late 2012 or early 2013. It will be 45% stronger than the 680. I can pull numbers out of my arse as well, wait and see for the cards to actually release. Anyways I wouldn't believe a single thing nvidia says right now, it may just be forum hype as was proven a few days ago.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GummiRaccoon

hoola

You mean buy a company that was going to make a revolutionary game, do a terrible job on hardware and then cancel the project and screw gamers out of a totally awesome game?

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
GTX 660 = GTX 580. Yeah right... Those cards are so powerful compared to the 5xx series. No way those are correct. And why only a 2GB Frame Buffer? If these are true, AMD would have to drastically reduce the price on their cards. I game at 5760 x 1080, so the 3GB frame buffer and a cheaper price would be nice.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#15 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

OMG...can't wait!!!:o

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

OMG... Can not wait. 45% better then ATI/AMD's best card. April Release, $650 for GTX 680. http://lenzfire.com/2012/02/entire-nvidia-kepler-series-specifications-price-release-date-43823/ Truth_Hurts_U

From the same website...

"AMD to Launch its Next Generation HD 8000 GPUs, Sea Islands"

New TSMC 28nm process
2nd generation Graphic Core Next architecture

Avatar image for deactivated-5851d30844ac7
deactivated-5851d30844ac7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 deactivated-5851d30844ac7
Member since 2010 • 269 Posts

I think i'll just stick to my Radeon 6770 for right now, since it works perfectly fine.

hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

[QUOTE="hoola"]

GummiRaccoon

You mean buy a company that was going to make a revolutionary game, do a terrible job on hardware and then cancel the project and screw gamers out of a totally awesome game?

I know what the feeling is. I had been following that game for 6 years (every year of high school and into my sophomore year of college). Even though I was extremely disappointed, I recognized that the strategy Intel was going for with the game was a good one. They were making something that was supposed to truly take advantage of the hardware, and that is something Nvidia and AMD need to do, otherwise more and more people will stop buying the newest cards.

kaitanuvax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kaitanuvax

Not even not buying new cards..how about lazy ass developers not even optimizing their game and making the most demanding hardware the "standard"? Think Metro 2033.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="hoola"]

hoola

I know what the feeling is. I had been following that game for 6 years (every year of high school and into my sophomore year of college). Even though I was extremely disappointed, I recognized that the strategy Intel was going for with the game was a good one. They were making something that was supposed to truly take advantage of the hardware, and that is something Nvidia and AMD need to do, otherwise more and more people will stop buying the newest cards.

man could you imagine a development team dedicated to just making a pc game to just either high end nvidia or ati cards.

lucky_star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lucky_star
Member since 2003 • 2307 Posts

Those prices are insane!

I guess im just gonna sli 560s then :(

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

what were the prices for a 660? link doesnt work for me

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

Kepler based Nvidia GTX 600 series GPUs – Highlights Nvidia Kepler GTX690

• 750MHz Core clock
  • 2×1.75 GB 4.5GHz GDDR5 Memory
  • 2×1024 Stream Processors
  • 2x448bit Bus Width
  • Priced at $999

Both AMD and Nvidia are following the same trend in maintaining the order of the series in GPUs. Like HD 7990, GTX 690 has a core clock lesser than GTX 680 and Bus width similar to GTX 670. Compared to AMD HD 7990′s price point of $ 849, GTX 690 is priced at $ 999. But comparing to the performance the GTX 690 can offer, HD 7990 is definitely over priced, and sure AMD has to reduce their prices drastically after the release of GTX 600 kepler series.

Nvidia Kepler GTX680

• 850MHz Core clock
  • 2 GB 5.5GHz GDDR5 Memory
  • 1024 Stream Processors
  • 512bit Bus Width
  • Priced at $649
  • 45% faster than HD 7970

Nvidia has a clear winner in its hands and that's why they have commented that they had expected much more from AMD. But still we already know that AMD is preparing its revised GCN HD 8000 series graphic cards, which may be release in the latter half of this year.

Nvidia Kepler GTX670

• 850MHz Core clock
  • 1.75 GB 5GHz GDDR5 Memory
  • 896 Stream Processors
  • 448bit Bus Width
  • Priced at $499
  • 20% faster than HD 7970

Nvidia Kepler GTX660Ti

• 850MHz Core clock
  • 1.5 GB 5GHz GDDR5 Memory
  • 768 Stream Processors
  • 384bit Bus Width
  • Priced at $399
  • 10% faster than HD 7950

Nvidia Kepler GTX660

• 900MHz Core clock
  • 2 GB 5.8GHz GDDR5 Memory
  • 512 Stream Processors
  • 256bit Bus Width
  • Priced at $319
  • Performance similar to GTX580

Nvidia Kepler GTX650Ti

• 850MHz Core clock
  • 1.75 GB 5.5GHz GDDR5 Memory
  • 448 Stream Processors
  • 224bit Bus Width
  • Priced at $249
  • Performance similar to GTX570

Nvidia Kepler GTX650

• 900MHz Core clock
  • 1.5 GB 5.5GHz GDDR5 Memory
  • 256 Stream Processors
  • 292bit Bus Width
  • Priced at $179
  • Performance similar to GTX560

Nvidia Kepler GTX640

• 850MHz Core clock
  • 2 GB 5.5GHz GDDR5 Memory
  • 192 Stream Processors
  • 128bit Bus Width
  • Priced at $139
  • Performance similar to GTX550Ti
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
Why does the GTX 660 have more vRAM than the 660ti? lol
GS550L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GS550L
Member since 2011 • 923 Posts

Why does the GTX 660 have more vRAM than the 660ti? lolShadowDeathX

Probably to accommodate for the memory bus width difference.

RushKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 RushKing
Member since 2009 • 1785 Posts

hoola

It's good news actually, the prices for 5xx and 6xxx series cards will drop.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

I was wandering was this even real after seeing the numbers. No wonder they were thinking about skipping the 600 series and going straight to the 700 series. The performance over the 500 series seems unreal.

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts
Why does the 690 have a different bus size than the 680? Eh I'd be getting excited for this if someone on anandtech hadn't spoiled how obviously fake it was for me.